Milney on TSFS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milney on TSFS !!

I loved Milney's answers to questions regarding the abuse he cops over the fence, especially when he spoke of The Footy Show making a hero out of that woman from the Collingwood Cheer Squad a couple of weeks ago. It appeared that the STRENGTH of his comments/answers created a bit of discomfort amongst the panel !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

lummox
Club Player

Re: Milney on TSFS !!

Did s/he/it really call him a rapist?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

lummox wrote:Did s/he/it really call him a rapist?
Don't know. I do know that the vision clearly showed her being very abusive towards Milney. I do know that the word "rapist" can be heard EVERY TIME Milney gets the ball against Collingwood, mainly from the area of their Cheersquad. Milney made it VERY CLEAR that this needs to STOP, along with what happened to Adam Goodes on Friday Night !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

lummox wrote:Did s/he/it really call him a rapist?
yes early on in her rant she does and she admitted as much on the Footy show.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I thought Milne handled himself very well & made some good points. I missed the woman on TFS so don't know much about it, cannot understand how they can bring a woman on the show to make light of her abuse???

Was actually happy with Crawf putting Brown back in his place over his belief Dal will look to go to a club in Premiership contention.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:I thought Milne handled himself very well & made some good points. I missed the woman on TFS so don't know much about it, cannot understand how they can bring a woman on the show to make light of her abuse???

Was actually happy with Crawf putting Brown back in his place over his belief Dal will look to go to a club in Premiership contention.

if youy continued to watch Future Stars- dal again reitereated that he is contracted and is staying....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
noddy04
Club Player

OMG was that a female? I thought it was peter hellyar dressing up as a collingwood hag

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Yep I actually posted something similar in the thread yesterday about goodes. If that woman hadnt of been turned into a star I dont think the girl would have been so brave on Friday night. Good on Milney for saying something

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hope he plays another year

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

You know after reading the article my blood boiled. When I read the bit about Milne taking his kids and family to the footy I really felt sad for Milney. We really have neglected to show enough support and/or make a stand for Milne over the abuse him and his family have had to, and continues to endure.

Eddie McGurie and Mick Malthouse hang your head in shame for a starters.

The footy show should be made to appologise. I am going to call SEN tomorrow and see if I can get some media coverage on this very sad situation.

saint1974
Club Player

I too feel for Milne and his family, I made a complaint to The Footy Show, I was absolutely disgusted with making that woman, look like a hero, we want all forms of abuse stopped now, and Milne has copped so much for so long and just cops it and what do the powers to be do, absolutely jack all.
A friend of mine is a paid up Hawks supporter and she also put in a complaint to the TFS, she said to me imagined if Milne had a go at her, it would have been on the front papers, he would have been suspended and sanctioned by the AFL, but what happened to this woman nothing, didn't hear Ed apologising to Milne.
I sit near Milnes family and week after week, he has a son old enough to know what is being said,every week he cops some pretty nasty abuse, if the AFL are far dinkum, they will start looking at this matter NOW.

saintkellerm
Club Player

Yeah it makes my blood boil when I hear opposition call him the r word, and these r from all clubs, I have noticed they only say it when their team is losing. Even Sydney and yesterday!!! It is mostly from woman too - older and u wonder where the kids get it from!!!!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:I too feel for Milne and his family, I made a complaint to The Footy Show, I was absolutely disgusted with making that woman, look like a hero, we want all forms of abuse stopped now, and Milne has copped so much for so long and just cops it and what do the powers to be do, absolutely jack all.
A friend of mine is a paid up Hawks supporter and she also put in a complaint to the TFS, she said to me imagined if Milne had a go at her, it would have been on the front papers, he would have been suspended and sanctioned by the AFL, but what happened to this woman nothing, didn't hear Ed apologising to Milne.
I sit near Milnes family and week after week, he has a son old enough to know what is being said,every week he cops some pretty nasty abuse, if the AFL are far dinkum, they will start looking at this matter NOW.
Yep time for us to support Milney on this one. I urge all supporters to call SEN this week, email the AFL and media outlets. The point to made should be how Milney and his family is not protected enough under the vilification laws of the game. The media should be urged to dob in anyone in the crowd that abuses Milne in a way that him or his family should have to endure. He is an out and out Saints champion and clubman that will be around the club until he dies. That I am sure of and so in the twilight of his playing career we should stand up for him and his family. It's what tight clubs do and us as supporters should raise our voice on this issue.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

It's very sad for Milne and he doesn't deserve it. The issue is broader than him aswell Where so you draw the line in abusing umpires over the fence?

I remember a couple years ago a freo supporter encouraging his kid about 8 to call the umpire a d* head among other things, and looked pretty proud of him. Much to the disgust of everyone around him

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:It's very sad for Milne and he doesn't deserve it. The issue is broader than him aswell Where so you draw the line in abusing umpires over the fence?

I remember a couple years ago a freo supporter encouraging his kid about 8 to call the umpire a d* head among other things, and looked pretty proud of him. Much to the disgust of everyone around him

It's an issue that's impossible to manage because people have so much anger and abuse stored up inside and the footy is a place where it comes out.
It comes from the adults down. I remember umpiring a junior game - Under 12's - some time ago and I had to stop the game because there was a father standing near the forward pocket calling a couple of opposition kids "fat little c****". Unbelievable. A guy in his thirties calling 11 year old kids filthy names and abusing them.
This guy's son was playing. What do you reckon he grew learning was acceptable behaviour?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

So the woman who hurled abuse at him in round 6 reiterated what she said on The Footy Show?

I still can't believe how oppositions supporters can keep yelling that crap at him. You would think after ten years it would lose its appeal and become kind of banal to them.

And he's absolute right about the fact that children should not be subjected to it. I remember going to the footy as a child and hearing similar things yelled out by fans at a certain Geelong player. I found it a little disturbing.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
snowdelisaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote:people have so much anger and abuse stored up inside
This is interesting. Australia is viewed by the rest of the world as a paradise, and Melbourne frequently comes at the top of the world's most liveable city index.

Yet people clearly do "have so much anger and abuse stored up inside".

Could it be because our political system is screwed, our public transport is woeful, our future planning is appalling, and the cost of living is outrageous and rising? We now live in a super-privatised society of "i, me, mine" where money rules and little else comes into consideration. Melbourne is an alcohol- and petrol-fuelled bogan wasteland. Some people realise it and have left. Some people do well to mitigate it. And some who have not yet identified the problem come to the football and yell obscenities and behave in ways they would not be proud seeing highlighted on television.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:Could it be because our political system is screwed, our public transport is woeful, our future planning is appalling, and the cost of living is outrageous and rising? We now live in a super-privatised society of "i, me, mine" where money rules and little else comes into consideration. Melbourne is an alcohol- and petrol-fuelled bogan wasteland and people's outlet is the football.
Probably not far off, mate. People here need to be reminded that Australia was originally developed as a penal colony. We have over 200 years of some rotten culture left over in the the system.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
asaint
Club Player

Why didn't Eddie make such a grand stand against abuse when it was his own coach and assistant doing the abusing?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:
This is interesting. Australia is viewed by the rest of the world as a paradise, and Melbourne frequently comes at the top of the world's most liveable city index.

Could it be because our political system is screwed, our public transport is woeful, our future planning is appalling, and the cost of living is outrageous and rising? We now live in a super-privatised society of "i, me, mine" where money rules and little else comes into consideration. Melbourne is an alcohol- and petrol-fuelled bogan wasteland. Some people realise it and have left. Some people do well to mitigate it. And some who have not yet identified the problem come to the football and yell obscenities and behave in ways they would not be proud seeing highlighted on television.
All of the above plus the fact that people for the most part don't want to look at how their own behaviour reflects their inner landscape. Me included. It's much easier to point the finger at others than take personal responsibility for our own part in the shyte flying around in the world.
People everywhere are struggling to find a way to be in the world with meaning and fulfilling purpose, for the most part not succeeding and then comes the frustration and anger.
But I reckon you're right about Australian mainstream culture being pretty bogan.
Have been living in Germany and Switzerland for the last two years and it's different there. I reckon Australia's shallow culture is largely a product of geography. The geographical isolation doesn't allow for the diversity that you find in Europe. Many Europeans for example, especially the under 30's, speak at least 2 languages and 3,4 or 5 is not so unusual. Also, Western European cultures have been developing for a long long time compared to Australia. Hard to put a finger exactly on it but I decided to leave because of how narrow, mean spirited and shallow Australia has become.

And Australia is so farkin expensive now. Right up there with the most expensive places in the world based on what you get for your money.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Demetriou condoned it when it all happened so don't hold your breath. The AFL are in s*** up to their armpits ATM not a priority. Milney isn't a minority victim and an unfashionable one as well so nothing will ever come of it. Richmond and freo cheersquads are as bad. richmond had a chant go up last year generated by the Cheersquad.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote:

All of the above plus the fact that people for the most part don't want to look at how their own behaviour reflects their inner landscape. Me included. It's much easier to point the finger at others than take personal responsibility for our own part in the shyte flying around in the world.
People everywhere are struggling to find a way to be in the world with meaning and fulfilling purpose, for the most part not succeeding and then comes the frustration and anger.
But I reckon you're right about Australian mainstream culture being pretty bogan.
Have been living in Germany and Switzerland for the last two years and it's different there. I reckon Australia's shallow culture is largely a product of geography. The geographical isolation doesn't allow for the diversity that you find in Europe. Many Europeans for example, especially the under 30's, speak at least 2 languages and 3,4 or 5 is not so unusual. Also, Western European cultures have been developing for a long long time compared to Australia. Hard to put a finger exactly on it but I decided to leave because of how narrow, mean spirited and shallow Australia has become.

And Australia is so farkin expensive now. Right up there with the most expensive places in the world based on what you get for your money.
Real good post St byron. Agree with all of it.

It's odd that the place where this pent up society frustration boils over is at the footy - like its the last bastion where "any behavior goes"

AFL have been negligent in this area IMHO. Setting the standards for what is acceptable behaviour should be an ongoing and important AFL intiative not something that's largely done on the back of winning kudos for supporting indigenous Australians (which is sorely needed) but this issue is even broader than that.

Its a disgrace that publicly, weekly a player is labelled a rapist and nothings done to even stand up and say this isnt on.

Where's Eddies outrage for that?
And where the hell is OUR INVISIBLE PRESIDENT???

Feel for Milne and his family - was at the G a few years ago and I reckon there was a crowd of 20 Geelong supports chanting "rapist" and comments of the like ......surrounded by kids in the area I left utterly disgusted and dismayed it could be allowed and the so called "peoples ground" allowed that level of abuse to go unchecked.

This should be Milnes last year - he has been a tremendous and loyal Saints star and his behaviour and response in the face of years of this cr@p is something I applaud him for.

Can you imagine how his kids feel hearing this trash????

Sad.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I do feel sorry for Milney however he needs to do a bit better himself. He needs to lead by example because he's no choir boy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY