McEvoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy

Have the club, over a number of years, let McEvoy down by not having the best ruck coach available to teach him how to be a ruckman?
Or will McEvoy never be a ruckman?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy

Munga wrote:Have the club, over a number of years, let McEvoy down by not having the best ruck coach available to teach him how to be a ruckman?

You do realise he has hardly rucked. Suggests an injury to me.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I'm not just talking about today. His entire AFL career to date, he aint close to an average ruckman. Good around the ground clunking big marks, not a ruckman.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
battye
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:I'm not just talking about today. His entire AFL career to date, he aint close to an average ruckman. Good around the ground clunking big marks, not a ruckman.
We started looking better today when Stanley went into the ruck.
McEvoy didn't do much, and Hickey is very much looking like a wasted pick.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Munga wrote:Have the club, over a number of years, let McEvoy down by not having the best ruck coach available to teach him how to be a ruckman?

Could also suggest we're trying something else, because he hardly rucks when he rucks.

Harsh but true.

One good game this year, and that was when he pushed back and took marks.

Oh for a ruckman that would shine in the ruck.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Could also suggest we're trying something else, because he hardly rucks when he rucks.

Harsh but true.

One good game this year, and that was when he pushed back and took marks.

Oh for a ruckman that would shine in the ruck.

Maybe Geary in the ruck. he hasnt played well on a player for 3 weeks bt i have noticed one constant.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
Munga wrote:I'm not just talking about today. His entire AFL career to date, he aint close to an average ruckman. Good around the ground clunking big marks, not a ruckman.
We started looking better today when Stanley went into the ruck.
McEvoy didn't do much, and Hickey is very much looking like a wasted pick.
He"s friggin 21 - get your hand off it

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I'm female. I must have sub concious crush on him hence why I look with one eye, I'm incapable of any real thought and only see the boy behind number 14 :roll:

You are so provoking, I can see you enjoy it....knock yourself out, I'm happy in my convictions, and at least I have some...unlike you whose conviction is to be at the opposite of whoever you feel like bantering with at the time.

You won't ruffle me, I'm looking for kids who have a crack to push the next generation of players through. I want effort, intensity and work rate....and was very clear that's what I'm marking this season on now.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Can he jump? No.

Will always struggle.

Who is our ruck coach?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:Can he jump? No.

Will always struggle.
It is a big issue

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Yes, I'm female. I must have sub concious crush on him hence why I look with one eye, I'm incapable of any real thought and only see the boy behind number 14 :roll:

You are so provoking, I can see you enjoy it....knock yourself out, I'm happy in my convictions, and at least I have some...unlike you whose conviction is to be at the opposite of whoever you feel like bantering with at the time.

You won't ruffle me, I'm looking for kids who have a crack to push the next generation of players through. I want effort, intensity and work rate....and was very clear that's what I'm marking this season on now.

How am i the opposite. You sound like all the other morons who say i have no opinion. How many times have I backed ben. Thats an opinion that could be completely wrong but it is an opinion. Now i am saying there are issues with the coach. Again an opinion that could be completely wrong. i couldnt give a stuff if you are female. The day i mention that is the day I stop watching the game. Geary was smashed today. All I want is you to just look at one player. ben was no good today but wasnt responsible for the start. We can blame the mids and SW on that.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy would be considered an absolute star if he was second ruck - which at stage of his career, he should be.

But he's first ruck, with other blokes who would be 2nd stringers at best (if they were even getting a game) with other clubs him in the middle.

There should be no surprise that were getting walloped.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Yes, I'm female. I must have sub concious crush on him hence why I look with one eye, I'm incapable of any real thought and only see the boy behind number 14 :roll:

How am i the opposite. You sound like all the other morons who say i have no opinion. How many times have I backed ben. Thats an opinion that could be completely wrong but it is an opinion. Now i am saying there are issues with the coach. Again an opinion that could be completely wrong. i couldnt give a stuff if you are female. The day i mention that is the day I stop watching the game. Geary was smashed today. All I want is you to just look at one player. ben was no good today but wasnt responsible for the start. We can blame the mids and SW on that.
I watched with my non saints supporting hubby.

He agreed we weren't in that game, they had goodness knows how many possies, uncontested marks and open fields to stroll down.

I don't hold it against one guy, but we have to address the inability to win a clearance....Goldstein had 48 hitous, Ben 18....if you don't think that translate into their midfield dominance, then you're as guilty as what you accuse me of.

We're not in contention, I get that, but we need to establish KPP players that will take us forward, who are they?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I watched with my non saints supporting hubby.

He agreed we weren't in that game, they had goodness knows how many possies, uncontested marks and open fields to stroll down.

I don't hold it against one guy, but we have to address the inability to win a clearance....Goldstein had 48 hitous, Ben 18....if you don't think that translate into their midfield dominance, then you're as guilty as what you accuse me of.

We're not in contention, I get that, but we need to establish KPP players that will take us forward, who are they?

Do people read what I wrote. Ben didnt start in the ruck and when was the game won. When Hickey rucked. When was the game level. When all 3 players rucked. Ben was no good tonight. Im unsure I have said anything else but he wasnt resonsible for even 1% of the start tonight

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If Ben was injured as you say, then he shouldn't be playing. If he can't play ruck, then he shouldn't be playing

If he can't beat his opponents around the ground and if he can't nullify his opponent in the ruck, then he shouldn't be playing

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:If Ben was injured as you say, then he shouldn't be playing. If he can't play ruck, then he shouldn't be playing

If he can't beat his opponents around the ground and if he can't nullify his opponent in the ruck, then he shouldn't be playing

I have no idea if he was injured but I totally agree that if he doesnt ruck then he plays at Sandy. the problem is Hickey is the same.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Scollop wrote:If Ben was injured as you say, then he shouldn't be playing. If he can't play ruck, then he shouldn't be playing

Finally someone with sense.

How ever we dont have anyone better at the moment as we hoped ben was the answer after king and gardner.

Clearly our recruiting department had all their eggs in the one basket and failed or knew that was going to be a deficiency going forward.

kimberly saint
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:

Will always struggle.
It is a big issue
this is the truth , wat can he or club do. We have invested so much in him, can he work his game around this. Sum pretty harsh comments people forget he is 21 very very young

battye
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Will always struggle.
It is a big issue
this is the truth , wat can he or club do. We have invested so much in him, can he work his game around this. Sum pretty harsh comments people forget he is 21 very very young
McEvoy will be 24 next month.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Ben can't jump. That would not be a problem if he was 210cm tall. But he's not, so will beaten by someone taller or who can jump. Rhys Stanley showed the value of jumping and variation in the second half. Unfortunately, that left us very short at the back. But we had to do something.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote: McEvoy will be 24 next month.
Has also probably more games into him at his age in the ruck than most....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He has youth on his side but with frustration come targets. He has some positives but haven't seen them for a couple of weeks. He had some dominant games earlier this year needs to do it consistantly. Minson looked crap for years and now looks like an all australian.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Who do you suggest should be our rucks?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Who do you suggest should be our rucks?
We have no other option.

I certainly wouldn't be playing two though...been consistent on that