Ferguson to miss 6 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Ferguson to miss 6 weeks

Jackson Ferguson will miss 6 weeks with another knee injury

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ferguson to miss 6 weeks

Don't think he'll make the cut for next year

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Great - what is it with injury and guys over 6'1' on our list............ :roll:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
southernsaint
Club Player

Thats sad. Im sorry for him. He may have got another crack this season the way things were going

Kernal75
Club Player

Looked really out his depth in his first and only game. He may have got better with time but I don't think he was ever going to be a 100+ player. In a rebuild phase, he's uinlikely to stay around on the senior list.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Looked really out his depth in his first and only game. He may have got better with time but I don't think he was ever going to be a 100+ player. In a rebuild phase, he's uinlikely to stay around on the senior list.
He's a big guy and he's still only 20 - why would we dump him this year?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:Looked really out his depth in his first and only game. He may have got better with time but I don't think he was ever going to be a 100+ player. In a rebuild phase, he's uinlikely to stay around on the senior list.
Cause he didn't star in his first half of footy, der...

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Cause he didn't star in his first half of footy, der...
He looked way to slow and way out of his depth. There's a reason why he only played a half and hasn't been sighted again even when out back line was full of injuries..

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Because he hasn't shown much improvement at all, seems too slow for AFL level and doesn't have the style of play we need. He was selected as a 15 year old because his athletic potential - always a very long shot. Unless he can re-mould himself into a power defender then we just don't need him, he clearly doesn't have the skills or smarts to become an AFL running half back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Because he hasn't shown much improvement at all, seems too slow for AFL level and doesn't have the style of play we need. He was selected as a 15 year old because his athletic potential - always a very long shot. Unless he can re-mould himself into a power defender then we just don't need him, he clearly doesn't have the skills or smarts to become an AFL running half back.

Is that based on a year where he has been injured a fair bit because it sounds like it. His previous 2 years have shown he can run and isnt slow.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote: Because he hasn't shown much improvement at all, seems too slow for AFL level and doesn't have the style of play we need. He was selected as a 15 year old because his athletic potential - always a very long shot. Unless he can re-mould himself into a power defender then we just don't need him, he clearly doesn't have the skills or smarts to become an AFL running half back.

Is that based on a year where he has been injured a fair bit because it sounds like it. His previous 2 years have shown he can run and isnt slow.
Well why would he get upgraded and play a game if he wasn't 100% and ready to go?

Looked like one of his legs was an inch shorter then the other by the way he was running..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote: Because he hasn't shown much improvement at all, seems too slow for AFL level and doesn't have the style of play we need. He was selected as a 15 year old because his athletic potential - always a very long shot. Unless he can re-mould himself into a power defender then we just don't need him, he clearly doesn't have the skills or smarts to become an AFL running half back.

Well why would he get upgraded and play a game if he wasn't 100% and ready to go?

Looked like one of his legs was an inch shorter then the other by the way he was running..

I didnt say he wasnt ready to go. He had an interupted year and it was no where near his best year. No idea why he was upgraded. maybe the Fisher injury was in the back of their minds. At least you gave him a half to work out if he could play.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

What is it with defenders? Gwilt fisher Gilbert dempster wright newnes have all missed games and Roberton did an ankle this week.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Gave him just a half of footy did I? I have seen many of his games and have never rated him..

Most posters on here aren't realistic when rating our young players.

We haven't even been close to getting a rising star nomination and we have been playing most of our youngsters. They aren't showing much. IMO we are in for a very rough time for a long time..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Gave him just a half of footy did I? I have seen many of his games and have never rated him..

We haven't even been close to getting a rising star nomination and we have been playing most of our youngsters. They aren't showing much. IMO we are in for a very rough time for a long time..

Well firstly he couldnt get a rising star nomination unless one half of footy is good enough. You havent rated him at sandy where as i have. I think for a young tall back has shown a fair bit at sandy but needs plenty of work. And I know how good or bad our youngsters are. I havent been accused of overating our kids to often

older saint
SS Life Member

Need to keep him , 20 ,big guy - always take longer, and have a big issue in that role.
Anyone who saw Jamie Shanahan's first season will remember he was shocking. Got better and except for a Stan Alves disaster was a very good player for this club.
Be patient

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Gave him just a half of footy did I? I have seen many of his games and have never rated him..

Well firstly he couldnt get a rising star nomination unless one half of footy is good enough. You havent rated him at sandy where as i have. I think for a young tall back has shown a fair bit at sandy but needs plenty of work. And I know how good or bad our youngsters are. I havent been accused of overating our kids to often
Well you seem to be a better judge then me.. Ever thought of getting a job with the recruiting department?

Time will tell wont it..

defacto
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
bergholt wrote:
but were happy with simpkin?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well you seem to be a better judge then me.. Ever thought of getting a job with the recruiting department?

Time will tell wont it..

I cant work out why you and others say things like that because I disagree with you. When did i say I knew more about players than you. Time will probably be on your side in this one. One game in 3 years suggests he is in trouble. Rookies in their third year cant afford 14 weeks out of year.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

How do you know we haven't been close? Second have you heard of Jordon Barham?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Anyone who saw Jamie Shanahan's first season will remember he was shocking. Got better and except for a Stan Alves disaster was a very good player for this club.
Be patient
Spot on. I remember watching a couple of early Maxie Hudghton games where he was torn apart. Didn't stop him becoming one of the best fullbacks in the league.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

What a stupid comment, there is only 23 rising star nominations out of over 140 players eligible, so are the rest of them all duds. Get a clue

andrewg
Club Player

Hope markworth stays or the banner on this site will get really awkward

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

AFL was planning on adding 10 weeks to his lay-off after an allegation of finding speed.
But one poster here said he's slow & ungainly so he was let off with a stern warning. :D

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SuperDuper
Club Player

I recon he was crippled when he played his only AFL game. So am not surprised he needs more work on his knee. I hope his confidence is not shot. It seems he tried to play through an injury. I would not judge him yet, until he plays at full capacity. Just hope he is not too shaken up. Needs one more season to see how he goes.