Positive day!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spot on
Club Player

Positive day!

I have watched the sandy game and saints games today and think we have around 15 young players we have drafted in the last 2 or 3 years that look future afl players. Clearly we are drafting a lot better and developing a lot better. We have another chance at the end of year to add more 18 year olds and seems like we have cash for free agency period. Clearly we are rebuilding but I think there is a lot of hope and believe Scotty waters is a good man to take us into a new future.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positive day!

There aren't too many you want off the list these days. kosi and Blake are as good as gone but after that there are a bunch of guys you wouldn't mind getting a better look at before delisting them.

spot on
Club Player

Yeah generally at the end of year there are player that look not up to it, but it seem most have something to offer

st sandy
Club Player

Yes we look forward to the end of the year & improving our list with talented 18 year olds & with space in the salary cap, obtaining out of contract mature players.

Knowing a family friend, i understand that both of the Brown twins are out of contract this year & that we have offered both a contract (as has another(s) club). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, however some solid 6 ft 4 defenders would improve our list substantially.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We could use both Browns.

spot on
Club Player

We could use Nathan more I think. He wouldn't be cheap . I I think his twin Mitch would be much cheaper. I don't think either of then offer much attacking

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I too think we have picked up a lot of good young players.

However to win a flag you also need some who will become greats, and of that our options are thin.

We desperately need some of those we have picked up tomzke a major jump in standard in the next year or too.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....