Jack Rush

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Jack Rush

"Essendon has also engaged the services of Jack Rush, QC, a St Kilda Football Club director who has been cleared by the Saints board to advise the Bombers in the wake of charges from the AFL and ASADA."

Jack must think Conflict of Interest is a horse running at Sandown.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... z2aTk7yn00

St George
Club Player

Re: Jack Rush

"Jack must think Conflict of Interest is a horse running at Sandown." Gold!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Was cleared to do so by the Saints board

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the (our) plan is for him to (cough, cough) lose the case (badly) :wink:

Rocket
Club Player

Kick out Nettlefold and Westaway, start a fresh with new board! Put jack in the chair

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Looking at this from a "Glass half Full" perspective;

Essendon are prepared to pay for the VERY BEST and as such they are paying Jack a massive compliment (and fee). So, Jack is the VERY BEST and he's OURS. We're in GOOD HANDS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Looking at this from a "Glass half Full" perspective;

Essendon are prepared to pay for the VERY BEST and as such they are paying Jack a massive compliment (and fee). So, Jack is the VERY BEST and he's OURS. We're in GOOD HANDS !!
In my professional career we use his services quite often. One very smart cookie, as you would expect.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eastern wrote:Looking at this from a "Glass half Full" perspective;

In my professional career we use his services quite often. One very smart cookie, as you would expect.
So the question is can he bring some equally smart operators onto our Board and can they also deliver some much needed sponsorship.

Say what you like about Essendon but their Board (and sponsorship) credentials are outstanding.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Rocket wrote:Kick out Nettlefold and Westaway, start a fresh with new board! Put jack in the chair
Westaway is gone at years end ... as for Nettlefold honestly we have been the most stable we have been in generations with him in charge i wouldnt be pushing him out in a hurry

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
So the question is can he bring some equally smart operators onto our Board and can they also deliver some much needed sponsorship.

Say what you like about Essendon but their Board (and sponsorship) credentials are outstanding.
sponsors follow the numbers ... Essendon have a large membership base and a strong following hence brands are willing to pay to have their brans associated with them ... our club has poor membership and empty stadiums .. not exactly what i would be jumping at to put my barnd too ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Jack must think Conflict of Interest is a horse running at Sandown.
Why is it a conflict of interest? St Kilda and Essendon are both arms of the same company - the AFL. What's good for Essendon is good for the AFL, and what's good for the AFL is good for St Kilda. Us supporters see a distinction between the clubs, but very few others in the industry do.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Rocket wrote:Kick out Nettlefold and Westaway, start a fresh with new board! Put jack in the chair
Westaway is gone at years end ... as for Nettlefold honestly we have been the most stable we have been in generations with him in charge i wouldnt be pushing him out in a hurry
Really?

I disagree Trav.

A little better in recent times, but for mine, considering his background...I'm not sure he's done enough.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Really?

I disagree Trav.

A little better in recent times, but for mine, considering his background...I'm not sure he's done enough.
from the outside maybe but lets look at it this way as a club our football department spend is back up at a competitive level , our investment in development programs is ticking along nicely , we have a stable board to club relationship , our fan engagement is a million times on what it was , we have had the worst season in over a decade yet we are still a solid unit without leaks of in fighting or turmoil , we are just ticking along - add to the mix the push into NZ , the clubs community programs (that in my opinion the club dont get anywhere near the publicity or credit that they deserve for that) we are in a pretty good place at the moment ... yes membership is down but after playing in g/f to now being in the bottom 4 thats going to happen yes we still dont have a strong sponsor and again that has a lot to do with our poor crowds and ladder position...
in my opinion Nettlefold has heaps of room to improve but he is heads and shoulders ahead of the CEO's of our past

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Maybe the (our) plan is for him to (cough, cough) lose the case (badly) :wink:
Hope so! Payback for Andrew Lovett!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

why is there a conflict? Because we say so?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I hate to say it but I believe one reason we havent landed a decent sponsor is because of the Milne cloud hanging over our head.
Milney may well get off and be found NG but sponsors would not want the association.

Speaking of payback we also owe the Cats for John f**king Peake.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
from the outside maybe but lets look at it this way as a club our football department spend is back up at a competitive level , our investment in development programs is ticking along nicely , we have a stable board to club relationship , our fan engagement is a million times on what it was , we have had the worst season in over a decade yet we are still a solid unit without leaks of in fighting or turmoil , we are just ticking along - add to the mix the push into NZ , the clubs community programs (that in my opinion the club dont get anywhere near the publicity or credit that they deserve for that) we are in a pretty good place at the moment ... yes membership is down but after playing in g/f to now being in the bottom 4 thats going to happen yes we still dont have a strong sponsor and again that has a lot to do with our poor crowds and ladder position...
in my opinion Nettlefold has heaps of room to improve but he is heads and shoulders ahead of the CEO's of our past
+1

...we are also leading the way in developing players for a life after football.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
+1

...we are also leading the way in developing players for a life after football.....
I'm with you guys. I reckon the last 2 years we have been very solid off field.
No stuff ups. Professional. we are currently paying the price for a few years back but I think we are on the right track atm.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I hate to say it but I believe one reason we havent landed a decent sponsor is because of the Milne cloud hanging over our head.
Milney may well get off and be found NG but sponsors would not want the association.

i think your right in a way ... but i think if we had a member base like the Collingwoods or Essendons ultimatly things like Milnes case wouldnt be such an impact ultimatly having a tv audience in the millions and a stadium full of supporters wearing you brand logo is worth more to a brand than any negative that a player scandal will make the problem for us is we are now getting low crowd numbers getting non primetime games so for a brand its not as attractive so they feel its their right to pull out if there is any slight hint of bad press ...
look at it this way only one club i know of has had a sponsor play part in a non recruitment of a player why is that so because a sponsor to us is more valuble therfore we spend more time trying to keep them happy , on the flip side you have a team like the WCE who chose to move on a sponsor in Hungry Jacks because their branding didnt suit the club anymore and the offer from Bankwest was more suitable

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I hate to say it but I believe one reason we havent landed a decent sponsor is because of the Milne cloud hanging over our head.

i think your right in a way ... but i think if we had a member base like the Collingwoods or Essendons ultimatly things like Milnes case wouldnt be such an impact ultimatly having a tv audience in the millions and a stadium full of supporters wearing you brand logo is worth more to a brand than any negative that a player scandal will make the problem for us is we are now getting low crowd numbers getting non primetime games so for a brand its not as attractive so they feel its their right to pull out if there is any slight hint of bad press ...
look at it this way only one club i know of has had a sponsor play part in a non recruitment of a player why is that so because a sponsor to us is more valuble therfore we spend more time trying to keep them happy , on the flip side you have a team like the WCE who chose to move on a sponsor in Hungry Jacks because their branding didnt suit the club anymore and the offer from Bankwest was more suitable
I agree but Lovett, the schoolgirl , Milney - it aint a great look when 50% of your customers are women. It may well end up that 3/3 of those issues were beyond our control and we aren't at fault but we are still a real perceived risk for sponsors who want to appeal to women. chuck in we have lowish membership and you can see why it is a challenge for our sponsorship team at the minute.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

, if your say Holden and you have the choice of putting your brand on a collingwood jumper or a St Kilda jumper regardless of the racisim scandal, the association with criminals , the drink driving , the physical assault charges holden will choose Collingwood every time ...

its all numbers we have low numbers so we make one stuff up and our sponsors pull out in fact i would go as far to say sometime i think our sponsors cant wait for the chance to take the high moral ground by ditching us for indescretions

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Just milk em dry Jack and charge them for everything you can think of.

The way to hit them is by financially crippling the.