Tom Ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Ledger

I've seen him play a couple of games at Sandringham and these past 2 games. For some strange reason that I can't fully understand he looks a whole lot more comfortable at AFL level than he does at VFL level !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I heard he wasn't given games earlier because he is a bit of a smarta@se. Well if he can play like he appears to be able to, I don't care if he is a smarta@se.

Smarta@ses who can't play should be shown the door.

Smarta@ses who can play are different.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I've seen him play a couple of games at Sandringham and these past 2 games. For some strange reason that I can't fully understand he looks a whole lot more comfortable at AFL level than he does at VFL level !!

That's what i was thinking. Last year he was more prone to turning the ball over with every possession but even at Sandy this year his disposal seems cleaner and decision making under pressure improved based on the two games I saw.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

in some of the vids on the saints site they say its between ledge and dal who cops the most sprays
ledge prob getting the nod
heard he didnt have much of a tnak
heard he was a bit cocky
heard and saw a little bit that his disposal was not up to scratch
pretty much only heard it thru this site tho

but
he looked alright i thought
got to contests ok

be interesting to see what decision are going to be made at the end of this year

if he hadnt of got the last two games i wouldve said he is def on the outer
now he has played a couple its hard to gauge
was that his chance to show something, maybe he was given some KPIs to fulfill and that was going to determine his future?
maybe getting the last two games was telling him he will be around next season?
maybe the last two games was to let everyone else see what he can do?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

From the gossip on this site there seemed to be questions over how committed he was to the club and that he felt a bit above VFL footy. He has a strut about him on the field. He has a funny kicking style where he really slams the football on to his boot. That style tends to work brilliantly sometimes but then shockingly others. I like his courage and instincts to know where to go to the get the ball so would like to see him kept and get a good run next year. But maybe Watters knows he doesn't want to stay?? Yesterday may convince him otherwise.