We need xfactor (not the bloody show)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

We need xfactor (not the bloody show)

with Milne retiring, more than ever. Watching geelong win last night it just showed how important it is to have a wow player like Motlop... he poped up when he needed to and took the game's momentum and swung it Geelongs way just when Port where starting to turn it.

I hope we get Garlett as he's based on what i have read, exactly what we need up forward.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need xfactor (not the bloody show)

Yeah let's get Gartlett. He'll fit in well to our off field bad boy structure. Perfect fit!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kimberly saint
Club Player

so a huge risk but also could be a huge win for lower pick . Another way is to look at sum the dud high picks we have had beetham brooks etc, at least we know this kid can play so the risk is if we can get him switched on out side footy which by all reports he is growing up

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Dayle or Jeff?

Sainter for life.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:Dayle or Jeff?
Dayle mate.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

That's why I want him. i think Wright has the potential X factor too.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:That's why I want him. i think Wright has the potential X factor too.
Spencer White as well. :D

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:with Milne retiring, more than ever. Watching geelong win last night it just showed how important it is to have a wow player like Motlop... he poped up when he needed to and took the game's momentum and swung it Geelongs way just when Port where starting to turn it.

I hope we get Garlett as he's based on what i have read, exactly what we need up forward.
Not sure about this. What is important is the consistent pressure that Hawks, Sydney, Freo & cats put all over the ground incl fwd line. If you can get a bit a razzle dazzle to boot ala Rioli it doesn't hurt. But consistent effort across the board seems to be the key with no weak links so you can keep turning the screws. Often someone like Motlop will get the ball and score because they rest of the team have pressured the oppo into a turnover. As much as I loved Milney's freaky goal antics, and boy he did the crowd going, I don't know if he contributed well enough in other areas.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:with Milne retiring, more than ever. Watching geelong win last night it just showed how important it is to have a wow player like Motlop... he poped up when he needed to and took the game's momentum and swung it Geelongs way just when Port where starting to turn it.

Not sure about this. What is important is the consistent pressure that Hawks, Sydney, Freo & cats put all over the ground incl fwd line. If you can get a bit a razzle dazzle to boot ala Rioli it doesn't hurt. But consistent effort across the board seems to be the key with no weak links so you can keep turning the screws. Often someone like Motlop will get the ball and score because they rest of the team have pressured the oppo into a turnover. As much as I loved Milney's freaky goal antics, and boy he did the crowd going, I don't know if he contributed well enough in other areas.

All the good teams have a bit of a cherry on top though. Buddy and Cyril, Stevie J and Motlop and Chapman and Stokes. Sydney had Goodes and Lewis Jetta etc.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Just cause he has had a rough past does NOT mean that will continue that way... worth the risk!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sippos is doing well on X Factor.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Billings is the token Stevie J comparison from this years draft (every year there is one).

I think thats enough xfactor but I don't think we'll be looking past Boyd, Kelly, Aish or Scharenberg,

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Billings is the token Stevie J comparison from this years draft (every year there is one).

I think thats enough xfactor but I don't think we'll be looking past Boyd, Kelly, Aish or Scharenberg,

He's the one you get a lot of "could be the best player in the draft" talk coming for though too. I think if he had played more as a mid he could have been a bit more tempting but he might still get a few early bites with the speculators.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
St Ick wrote:Billings is the token Stevie J comparison from this years draft (every year there is one).

He's the one you get a lot of "could be the best player in the draft" talk coming for though too. I think if he had played more as a mid he could have been a bit more tempting but he might still get a few early bites with the speculators.
Out of interest, can anyone dig up any articles on Stevie J in his draft year? I probably read more like a Dayle Garlett write up than a Stevie J write up :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!