Dusty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty

Greg T wrote: IMO he can play, that's all that concerns me...
Yep - He had a brilliant 2nd half in the final against Carlton :roll:

Not only can he play he can also manage to do so whilst throwing in some handcuff gestures to his mates inprison just to show that his concentration levels are team orientated.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
starsign
Club Player

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gia ... 2txj4.html
Niall suggests GWS might use their No1 pick on Dusty!
That would give the Dees Boyd and opens up another scenario.Do we go Scharenberg or offer them 3 for some trade deal including Fisher maybe?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote: Sorry mate, I didn't realise you know of all his problems.
Means we have d**khead people running the club trying to get good young talent.
The club was chasing hard,so take it out on them.
Many players at many clubs have these types, it's how you manage it that's important.
If they can't manage it, they shouldn't be running a club....
IMO he can play, that's all that concerns me...

Aaaaahhh.....sarcasm. Sorry mate, didn't realise it was such a powerful debating tool. I'll give it a go.

Clearly he has no problems. All those reports about inviting high-profile criminals into the dressing room, missing training and turning up late at night to a mad Monday celebration of another club five days before playing his team's first final in more than a decade - they must be wrong and there are no issues.

You're right about many players at many clubs behaving like this. Just look at all the other guys from the other 7 competing finalists who have been getting publicity for behaving like a c*ckhead.

And yep, you sure are right when you say, "If they can't manage it, they shouldn't be running a club." These guys with behaviour issues just need to be 'managed' and it's certain they wont create any distractions for the playing group or bad publicity for the club. Lovett and Gram were well managed - oh hang on they're not playing any more. And Chips - looks like he'll be in RW&B next year as well. They're managing him as well.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gia ... 2txj4.html
Niall suggests GWS might use their No1 pick on Dusty!
That would give the Dees Boyd and opens up another scenario.Do we go Scharenberg or offer them 3 for some trade deal including Fisher maybe?
# 1 pick in the pre-season draft, not the national draft… they would still collect Boyd, then Martin :(

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

This whole dusty and fisher being partners in crime is really getting legs. Just devalued any trade value we may have had for fish

#1 Ryder fan
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Loved the picture of Martin and his parents when he was drafted.
Looking at his old man tells me the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Gees I doubt GWS would give up Boyd for another midfielder they are pretty well covered in that regard. :)

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SAAD
Club Player

The entire Richmond team had a crap second half against Carlton not just Dusty

On the Ball
Club Player

I wouldnt touch him with a 40' poll. We dont have any culture at the club let alone getting in a moron like him. Not a team player at all. Crap kid from a crap family who can just happen to play good footy. St KFC isnt strong enough to manage a kid like him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Gees I doubt GWS would give up Boyd for another midfielder they are pretty well covered in that regard. :)

Someone said the preseason draft- not handing over the number one national draft pick which should be used on Boyd. It means he walks from the tiges and puts himself into the preseason draft for no compo.

Greg T
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
Greg T wrote: IMO he can play, that's all that concerns me...
Yep - He had a brilliant 2nd half in the final against Carlton :roll:

Not only can he play he can also manage to do so whilst throwing in some handcuff gestures to his mates inprison just to show that his concentration levels are team orientated.
Richmond got flogged in the second half anyway,not just dusty...
Seem to remember BJ did the same thing at one point too when his brother was in the slot.
Big Deal !

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:
Richmond got flogged in the second half anyway,not just dusty...
Seem to remember BJ did the same thing at one point too when his brother was in the slot.
Big Deal !
But this was about his old man's bikie mate, not his brother!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Greg T
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Greg T wrote: Sorry mate, I didn't realise you know of all his problems.
Means we have d**khead people running the club trying to get good young talent.
The club was chasing hard,so take it out on them.
Many players at many clubs have these types, it's how you manage it that's important.
If they can't manage it, they shouldn't be running a club....
IMO he can play, that's all that concerns me...

Aaaaahhh.....sarcasm. Sorry mate, didn't realise it was such a powerful debating tool. I'll give it a go.

Clearly he has no problems. All those reports about inviting high-profile criminals into the dressing room, missing training and turning up late at night to a mad Monday celebration of another club five days before playing his team's first final in more than a decade - they must be wrong and there are no issues.

You're right about many players at many clubs behaving like this. Just look at all the other guys from the other 7 competing finalists who have been getting publicity for behaving like a c*ckhead.

And yep, you sure are right when you say, "If they can't manage it, they shouldn't be running a club." These guys with behaviour issues just need to be 'managed' and it's certain they wont create any distractions for the playing group or bad publicity for the club. Lovett and Gram were well managed - oh hang on they're not playing any more. And Chips - looks like he'll be in RW&B next year as well. They're managing him as well.
This time I trust the club had done its homework on this bloke.
Jade King was supposed to have invited the criminals into the rooms.
22, 80 odd games would be a good fit for us.Hes young, he should mature as did Franklin.
He's a character and I reckon he can play.

Lovett never played a game and was acquitted ,so what's your point,their only people.

Look how squeaky clean Dal Santo is ,where's that got him, on the trade table.....
I don't know what your basing as fact that 7 other finalist players weren't playin up?
You must have good sources then.
Bad publicity is good publicity sometimes in a sterile environment .
He has not been charged yet I assume .....just want to get some decent players down there IMO.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Richter
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:Why we even consider recruiting this player after his performance against Carlton on the big stage amazes me.
He was not the only Tigers player to switch off after half time Jiggster. They all stopped and were light rabbits in the headlights.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Massive problems, would have taken Benny before I'd have taken this nut. And my thoughts on BC were very well known.

Martin is an extremely loose cannon, so very disappointed some of my favourite Saints would even associate with him, let alone us even consider taking him.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Massive problems, would have taken Benny before I'd have taken this nut. And my thoughts on BC were very well known.

Martin is an extremely loose cannon, so very disappointed some of my favourite Saints would even associate with him, let alone us even consider taking him.
+1. All it proves to me is how emotional us supporters can be about our club. We will take anyone as long as they can play. Just staggering. Either that or they are prepared to completely ignore everything that has been said about him. All you had to do was watch FC the other night. Obviously the journos know far more than they are allowed to say - reading b/w the lines isn't that hard. Not everyone is privy to hearing certain things about him, but even without that I'm shocked that ppl who claim to love the club would consider for a second taking this bloke.

Why Fisher in particular hangs about with him is strange at best. For whatever reason I always thought better of him. Is Watters the only one with his head screwed on right down there?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Why Fisher in particular hangs about with him is strange at best. For whatever reason I always thought better of him. Is Watters the only one with his head screwed on right down there?

There are very obvious reasons why Chips hangs with him, just very disappointing in the extreme. Armo, FFS get out of that crowd now!

Watters has got it absolutely right!

Calais
Club Player

What does everyone 'know' about Martin? Does anyone actually know anything for certain? Or is this an old case of Chinese whispers?

I've heard he likes a bit of a 'skate' but I wouldn't know. Although everyone talks like they actually know something.

Help me out ?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Dusty is supposed to be aligned with bikies. Supposed criminal connections- drugs, gambling; these happen to be massive sources of endless money.
Why aren't we tapping into these huge markets?
Get Martin asap and watch the money roll in :P
Those guys could conjure up a third party deal that even the CIA couldn't decipher.
You know it makes sense.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
matrix
Saintsational Legend

The guy is a fricken peanut.
And to be honest fish can go as well.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote: Bad publicity is good publicity sometimes in a sterile environment .
No doubt most cashed up sponsors would agree with you :roll: :roll:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Moods wrote: Why Fisher in particular hangs about with him is strange at best. For whatever reason I always thought better of him. Is Watters the only one with his head screwed on right down there?

There are very obvious reasons why Chips hangs with him, just very disappointing in the extreme. Armo, FFS get out of that crowd now!

Watters has got it absolutely right!
Robert Eddy is the one that surprises me, had a totally different read on him.

Maybe that BTG awareness campaign left him craving more?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote: This time I trust the club had done its homework on this bloke.
Jade King was supposed to have invited the criminals into the rooms.
22, 80 odd games would be a good fit for us.Hes young, he should mature as did Franklin.
He's a character and I reckon he can play.

Lovett never played a game and was acquitted ,so what's your point,their only people.

Look how squeaky clean Dal Santo is ,where's that got him, on the trade table.....
I don't know what your basing as fact that 7 other finalist players weren't playin up?
You must have good sources then.
Bad publicity is good publicity sometimes in a sterile environment .
He has not been charged yet I assume .....just want to get some decent players down there IMO.
Agree about getting quality rather than good ordinary players to the club. But.........my point re Lovett is that before we took him there was talk about him being trouble......and he was. Acquitted or not......he caused a whole load of shyte and we wasted a top ten pick on him.

I'm basing the other 7 finalists not having players highlighted in the media for being cockheads based on the fact that I haven't seen or heard any. Feel free to list them.

The last thing we need is more bad publicity. We have one of the lowest membership bases in the league. We have a history of under-achieving and having off-field dramas. The current board and coach are making a genuine attempt to change that - so the last thing we need is to invite another loose cannon drop-kick to the club.

Kickit
Club Player

Name any gun player who won progressively less contested ball each year for his first four years.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:I'm basing the other 7 finalists not having players highlighted in the media for being cockheads based on the fact that I haven't seen or heard any. Feel free to list them.
Some obvious ones: Franklin's "medical records" etc. Stokes for possession and dealing. Michael Johnson for possession. Scotland for bashing someone. Doesn't mean they're all cockheads but it is definitely bad publicity.