Ameet Bains on SEN shortly....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Ameet Bains on SEN shortly....

Talking to Morning Glory.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Ameet Bains on SEN shortly....

Not terribly impressive.

Said all players were contracted but they were willing to field offers. So far Ess and NM for Dal, GWS for Fisher and no one at all for Joey. I think those players want to feel like they're wanted by the Saints and they certainly wouldn't have sensed that from Bains. Mind you, it's only Dal that I think we should definitely keep.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Not terribly impressive.

Said all players were contracted but they were willing to field offers. So far Ess and NM for Dal, GWS for Fisher and no one at all for Joey. I think those players want to feel like they're wanted by the Saints and they certainly wouldn't have sensed that from Bains. Mind you, it's only Dal that I think we should definitely keep.

everyone liked him last year.
please

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Have to disagree in the highest terms. Was measured, honest and played a straight bat. All players are contracted, correct, players have to want to go to the club, correct. Deal must satisfy the club, correct. Was honest about who had contacted them re; dal. Seems like all the club has done is honest when asked is joey/chips/dal available. The answer is yes if it satisfys the above criteria. In fact I would say most clubs have a bunch of players who would go at the right trade.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Have to disagree in the highest terms. Was measured, honest and played a straight bat. All players are contracted, correct, players have to want to go to the club, correct. Deal must satisfy the club, correct. Was honest about who had contacted them re; dal. Seems like all the club has done is honest when asked is joey/chips/dal available. The answer is yes if it satisfys the above criteria. In fact I would say most clubs have a bunch of players who would go at the right trade.
+1

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Come on down Solar. Plus one.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Let's all play the conspiracy theory here and Joey is gone

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

No doubt the media will find a way to spin it derogatorily :roll:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Spoke well but didn't say much.

Felt as if it were an advertisement to both other clubs and the members with his 'general statement' first up. Major point being all primary listed players are all contracted so only clubs willing to satisfied and with player agreement will we be able to trade.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Honesty is to be admired but... I don't think it's really necessary in this situation to be honest & open.

In a turbulent time for the club with rapidly decreasing membership, people don't want to hear that their favourite 5 players are all up for trade.

We all want first round draft picks for 30 year old fading stars, but it just isn't going to happen.

I think a better PR approach here would be a strong message that we definitely want to keep all of our good players... If & when we trade a club favourite, then explain why it is necessary and that both parties agreed.

Same goes for our trade targets, why on earth we bang on about players we are looking at is beyond me... Just gives our rivals the heads up on our plans which they can usurp. Take note of Sydney... 2 years running have landed the biggest free agents, completely shocking the footy world.

Who is running our media strategy here? An open club is great... but trade plans shouldn't be broadcast...

jimmy_slats
Club Player

hopefully we are building to a point where we don't need to see big names past on at this rate for many years to come so suck it up and look to the future i say

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So i hope this satisifies the hysterics who are pronouncing disarray and doom and gloom and that the Saints admin needs to get on the front foot to the members.

President front and centre GF day (which other president was interviewed from the non participating clubs on GF day)

Catagoric denails about Roo being traded

Statement on the Saints website

Now we have Bains stating in the clearest possible manner that ALL players are contracted and ONLY will be traded with their consent.

So please, until there is anything concrete to this BS rumours STFU and stop bleating.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:So i hope this satisifies the hysterics who are pronouncing disarray and doom and gloom and that the Saints admin needs to get on the front foot to the members.

President front and centre GF day (which other president was interviewed from the non participating clubs on GF day)

Catagoric denails about Roo being traded

Statement on the Saints website

Now we have Bains stating in the clearest possible manner that ALL players are contracted and ONLY will be traded with their consent.

So please, until there is anything concrete to this BS rumours STFU and stop bleating.
Well said.

The only other thing I would add is that we need to face facts in that until most of our new core group get 50 games under their belt we just won't be challenging. So that's another 2 seasons. Harden up everyone and settle in for the ride.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So after the interview, we know nothing more than before it? Did he discuss whether Dal was going as a free. Agent or trade? As was reported in the paper?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So after the interview, we know nothing more than before it? Did he discuss whether Dal was going as a free. Agent or trade? As was reported in the paper?
If you didn't hear the interview, how would you know if we know more or less?

And you are wrong, we do know more.

Dont know if you bother to read anybody elses posts, but it has been stated by numerous poster that ALL players are contracted.

It was also stated earlier this week that Dal Santo and the Saints had activated the clause in the contract.

This means that Dal Santo is contracted in 2014 for the Saints.

It means that if Dal Santo wanted to leave both he and the STKFC must be happy with the trade.

It means that the Saints have the whip hand in any trade.

It means that if the Saints aren't happy there will be no trade.

Also found out there had been no interest in Montagna.

Also found out that Roo was off the table.

Looks like you will have to find something else to flay the club about. Too bad you seem to be on a really good thing last night.

Sorry to spoil your angst.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Kickit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:So after the interview, we know nothing more than before it? Did he discuss whether Dal was going as a free. Agent or trade? As was reported in the paper?

Dont know if you bother to read anybody elses posts, but it has been stated by numerous poster that ALL players are contracted.

It was also stated earlier this week that Dal Santo and the Saints had activated the clause in the contract.

It means that if Dal Santo wanted to leave both he and the STKFC must be happy with the trade.

Looks like you will have to find something else to flay the club about. Too bad you seem to be on a really good thing last night.

You are clearly wrong , we must complain like buggery because the club never tell us anything, but when we do we must automatically assume they are lying and try to read things between the lines.
:oops:

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Kickit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

You are clearly wrong , we must complain like buggery because the club never tell us anything, but when we do we must automatically assume they are lying and try to read things between the lines.
:oops:
I'm with you Kickit, I'm waiting on my phone call from the club to see whether I am comfortable with the progress of all on-going negotiations. They must tell me who is going where and who is coming to the Saints, how much they will earn, what colour underwear they prefer.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spot on jb
Everyone is contracted. No one is being pushed.
Anyone who actually leaves is leaving because they want to leave.

Imho if there are older guys sooking and white anting the coach because they dont get as much as love as they used to under the old coach or are no longer the big swinging dicks in the prefect group ( im looking at u sam fisher) then that is immature and selfish and i wont be upset to see u go.