The Club Is Right For Once

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Club Is Right For Once

Cairnsman wrote:The drunk tradie Versus the Lawyer...this should be good...can someone pass me the popcorn

So you have one thing wrong. I am not a lawyer. I doubt the other guy is a drunk tradie but if he is a tradie he may be on very good money. No idea why you would think he or she is drunk. Now please get back on the topic of whether club have dont the right thing or not. i think they have.

happy feet
Club Player

BORING

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:The drunk tradie Versus the Lawyer...this should be good...can someone pass me the popcorn

So you have one thing wrong. I am not a lawyer. I doubt the other guy is a drunk tradie but if he is a tradie he may be on very good money. No idea why you would think he or she is drunk. Now please get back on the topic of whether club have dont the right thing or not. i think they have.
Good on you. I don't think too many people thought he was realistically going to get an extension approved 12 months out from the expiry date of his current contract...it's a mute point.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Why don't you think that SW will coach beyond 2015 Plugger?

linz
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:What happened to all those people on here who said SW had to have his contract extended. There seemed to be many more in that camp and now i cant hardly see a post on it. Stand your ground. if you thought that then you are allowed to say you think the club is wrong. To me it was the only decision but thats easy in hindsight. I doubt he will be coaching in 2015 unless the clubn surprise most of us.
I think SW should have his contract extended.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I think he should have his contract extended. The only thing I don't know is how good he is at developing young players. Maybe Micale is the one doing that. The development thing is my only reservation, but if the review gave him a tick then fine.

The thing about Watters and Pelchen is kiddies playground stuff and sounds like the new President might be the right sort of guy to fix it one way or the other.

groupie1
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:I'm not sure this is right ? Is this your opinion ?

"The challenge has been thrown down to Watters to show the board that he means business. In other words get the footy team to start winning games and make the coach accountable for this."

I'd find that a hard pill to swallow from a coach's perspective. The Football dept is choosing to make hard decisions on senior players to pick up more draft choices.

That's not exactly making the task of winning games easier.
Surely they have more realistic KPIs to measure than games won ?
Agreed. It will be stop making media statements that surprise everyone at the club. (The post Richmond press conference was a shocker). Get your players on board. Get development into kids and demonstrate there is a foreseeable future with you at the helm. Generate buzz.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga