Pick 24-19 swap

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pick 24-19 swap

Whats the issue. it is confirmed. It is happening. Give it till Monday. As someone said though its only 5 spots and we may get the same player we want anyway. We would have got Howard had our second pick been 167.

SuperDuper
Club Player

If we do get 19... I would expect it and 25 to go to PA for 14 and 34.
Gives us 3,14,18,34

In the agreement with of pluggs we may well get the same player at 34 as 25 as it evens out they say after 20

14 could get a top rated slider

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:If we do get 19... I would expect it and 25 to go to PA for 14 and 34.
Gives us 3,14,18,34

In the agreement with of pluggs we may well get the same player at 34 as 25 as it evens out they say after 20

Can I ask why they will do that? have i missed something?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Whats the issue. it is confirmed. It is happening. Give it till Monday. As someone said though its only 5 spots and we may get the same player we want anyway. We would have got Howard had our second pick been 167.
We had to snap him up because the Bulldogs wanted him according to Beveridge, which is the worst excuse I've heard for selecting a player.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Whats the issue. it is confirmed. It is happening. Give it till Monday. As someone said though its only 5 spots and we may get the same player we want anyway. We would have got Howard had our second pick been 167.
We had to snap him up because the Bulldogs wanted him according to Beveridge, which is the worst excuse I've heard for selecting a player.

I think they wanted him as a last round rookie pick. Anyway whats done is done. Hopefully Bevo can get back to some 2001 form. The poor bloke was wroking on his own in that period. It was bloody hard.

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Emma Quayle "s mock draft has pick 19 allocated to us

Confused
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Cmon fellas its not hard

We received Hawthorns number 17 pick in the McEvoy deal

That number 17 pick is now number 18 after the thomas compo pick is factored in

The Buddy compo pick is after this pick which is 19

This pick number 19 may be traded to us for our Round 2 pick which was 21 but is now 24 after Thomas, Buddy and Sylvia compo picks are added in

The swapping of these pickswas originally reported to happening when the McEvoy trade occured however there has been no mention of it since

Yes at the moment we have 3, 18, 24 and 25 but if the reports are correct we may soon have 3, 18, 19 and 25

apologies to the forumites that actually get it
I thought the deal also had us giving them pick 25 for their 38.

So we have 3, 18, 19, 38, 41
No pretty sure it was us giving them pick 3 for the 1971 Premiership Cup

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sasaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:We would have got Howard had our second pick been 167.
Very amusing P66. The worst draft selection in my memory. I am sure Bevo needs no reminder. :oops:

I have a feeling you might be paying out to BM. Looks like we may go for Billings. Wouldn't be my choice but what would I know.

Patience young grasshopper
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Swap not happening but later swap is, big woop. Swings the deal back in Hawks favour imo. Pick 19 vs 24 is a big deal when you look at this draft. We will still end up with potentially a good player like Cripps, but no chance of a slider like Acres or Dumont with 24.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:That article says north may push for a 3rd round pick for Delaney...?? What the f***?
My magnificent List Management skills tell me that Delaney is worth NO MORE than a 4th round pick !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SinCitySainter
Club Player

The deal was always in the hawks favour imo.
The way things are going at the moment it would not surprise me if we swapped pick 25 for Delaney.
I have lost faith in the direction the club is taking.
I will still buy my membership, in fact I think I already have (rollover), but I don't follow the blind in Pelch we trust brigade.
Maybe I will be proven wrong I hope I am but I just can't help feeling pessimistic about our future.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

SinCitySainter wrote:The deal was always in the hawks favour imo.
The way things are going at the moment it would not surprise me if we swapped pick 25 for Delaney.
I have lost faith in the direction the club is taking.
I will still buy my membership, in fact I think I already have (rollover), but I don't follow the blind in Pelch we trust brigade.
Maybe I will be proven wrong I hope I am but I just can't help feeling pessimistic about our future.
Seriously if we now give up 25 for Delaney then i will vomit - again. If losing Dal for a nothing pick wasn't bad enough we then trade that pick to the very club that enticed Dal away.

The only saving grace in this Dal fiasco will be if that pick ends up bringing in some player who ends being a 150 game player for the Saints. I would love someone to show us what we have done with mid 20 picks in the last 10 years. The Schneider , Dempster deal the only real winner i can recall off the top of my head.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:If we do get 19... I would expect it and 25 to go to PA for 14 and 34.
Gives us 3,14,18,34

Can I ask why they will do that? have i missed something?
Polec trade, Crows now have Sylvia compo, PA need similar to get deal done I would've thought.

Strength through Loyalty
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Quayle says we will take Scharenberg which is good cause he's German like Roo and Loewe.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Quayle says we will take Scharenberg which is good cause he's German like Roo and Loewe.

He's my favourite in the draft so I will be very happy with that one. The old G Train went alright and was of teutonic heritage too. Shazza and Fazza bringing the ball out of the back line sounds pretty good too.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Swap not happening but later swap is, big woop.
Do you dare reveal your soource or is it just your most humble opinion??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Very very rude of them to have us release Dal for nothing then try to play bully boy on Delaney. Espcially after that fluff article online

We still have the right to match Norths offer to Dal right? Even if we said we won't if they try to bend us over on Delaney we could go that route. Even still if we don't do that we could get him for free in the PSD.

I'd say offer them a 5th rounder no negotiation and if they don't accept it tough s***

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Very very rude of them to have us release Dal for nothing then try to play bully boy on Delaney. Espcially after that fluff article online

We still have the right to match Norths offer to Dal right? Even if we said we won't if they try to bend us over on Delaney we could go that route. Even still if we don't do that we could get him for free in the PSD.

I'd say offer them a 5th rounder no negotiation and if they don't accept it tough s***

BANG BANG

Have they said they won't trade him to us? What do they want in return? I imagine they were negotiating with us and the only way he went was because they have already agreed to an in principal deal. If they don't I hope we f$%# them up badly when it's time for us to get up and we want free agents. When Andrew Swallow and Ziebel are next up we should offer them some big money just to "negotiate" with them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Very very rude of them to have us release Dal for nothing then try to play bully boy on Delaney. Espcially after that fluff article online

BANG BANG

Have they said they won't trade him to us? What do they want in return? I imagine they were negotiating with us and the only way he went was because they have already agreed to an in principal deal. If they don't I hope we f$%# them up badly when it's time for us to get up and we want free agents. When Andrew Swallow and Ziebel are next up we should offer them some big money just to "negotiate" with them.

If they have agreed to a deal they wont reneg. If they havent thats our fault and not North. Our club surely struck up a deal or thats pretty ordinary trading.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

If they had struck up a deal it would have been done already.
The fact that it didn't eventuate immediately Dal went to North indicates that no such deal is in place.
The only deal was probably North saying "go on let us have Dal we will be nice. Promise."

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

BANG BANG

If they have agreed to a deal they wont reneg. If they havent thats our fault and not North. Our club surely struck up a deal or thats pretty ordinary trading.
Exactly.

In Pelchen We Trust is our new motto......

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

BANG BANG

i agree if we were supposedly negotiating with North for the last few weeks then they must have put something to us as a pitch. If their negotiating is saying put him up for FA so we can have him for nothing or f%$# off then that says we are retarded not them. They will have said "we want pick 22 for a player of Delaney's quality because tall backs are hard to find" and we would have said we wont pay that and eventually they would have said use 50something or 70something and put Dal up to FA.

I imagine it's only that they don't want it to look like draft tampering while it actually is.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Devilhead wrote:
St Ick wrote:Swap not happening but later swap is, big woop.
Do you dare reveal your soource or is it just your most humble opinion??
Nah bud, just my ever so humble opinion. In hindsight, it could probably have been worded a little more carefully so as to not be taken as gospel and re posted everywhere but at the time I was transitioning between extremely drunk and extremely hungover. I must say though that it was a pleasant surprise to see my first BF post wasn't even made by me :wink: Having said that, I've read every single word of that thread and things on there I take as gospel at times so I can understand it. I was just joining some dots based on what I've seen around the traps. I'm still hopeful of pick 19 coming to us but I think its not as guaranteed as I thought it was.

Strength through Loyalty
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

It will be 24 & 59 for 19. Will get done next week.