Mark Thompson to coach saints in 2015?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mark Thompson to coach saints in 2015?

Beekay wrote:Would prefer Ross Lyon back.I crossed paths with Thompson once, he seemed like such a joyless individual. Not that has anything to do with coaching ability.

But geez, is he passionate about anything? Has he ever instigated a joke before in his life? I always admired and fed off passionate coaches, myself.

Hard to judge him as a coach considering Geelong's list over the last decade.
We haven't gotten enough runners ups?

Beekay
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
Beekay wrote:Would prefer Ross Lyon back.I crossed paths with Thompson once, he seemed like such a joyless individual. Not that has anything to do with coaching ability.

But geez, is he passionate about anything? Has he ever instigated a joke before in his life? I always admired and fed off passionate coaches, myself.

We haven't gotten enough runners ups?
More than our fair share, my son.

I have absolutely no idea about the coaches around the traps, as I haven't played/worked under any of them.

But I sure don't want Sheedy or Malthouse just because they've won flags in the last 15 years.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I find it amazing that as we prepare for an crucial season in our rebuild; when the recruiting staff have made some exciting moves during the trade period, with the prospect of new and exciting young talent being brought to the club in the draft. There are folk already buying into our Coach being dismissed, not only that but pondering on his replacement. For mine, I don't think Thompson would come within a country mile of our club. And with all the gossip and innuendo surrounding his position , I'm amazed that SW WANTS to remain as our coach!
good sensible post mate.....well said... :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Would prefer Ross Lyon back.

I crossed paths with Thompson once, he seemed like such a joyless individual. Not that has anything to do with coaching ability.

i remember being in the rooms on many occasions growing up...when allan killigrew was the coach......talk about passion...he had it in spades....but another one who we gave the flick to, after he blued with the committee.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
But I sure don't want Sheedy or Malthouse just because they've won flags in the last 15 years.

(or fishlips)....amen brother...