Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

FQF wrote:Does this undermine tony74's credibility?
no...tony is not going to post anything harmful to the club...unlike our very own leaker...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Watters was an arrogant little man who treated the senior leadership group/fellow leaders at the Club with contempt. No one in any organisation survives with such an approach.
His inexperience as a leader was visible to all. I congratulate the Board for making this tough decision. Bring on an experienced and inclusive leader of men I say.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
clarky449 wrote:A caller who seemed to have "inside info" Advised the players hired dwarves due to Watters height and burnt him for obvious reason.. Now this is no way true or what not, in fact I would certainly hope its not true, because that is just disrespectful..

That there would be Jaxons if I had to guess. He's made that claim before.
yep...he leaks here...why wouldn"t he do it in a more public forum....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Grrrrr wrote:Mark Fine still a w@nker then? :D

one word.....yep..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

one word.....yep..

Why is that though. his job is to tell people what he hears. i need to say sorry to him because I said he has no inside knowledge but today on SEN I realised where he got the info from and it would seem player managers at SEN and there are at least 3 who work for the station. Maybe Jaxons is Finey because a player manager may also know what players could be traded. Be interested to see who McEvoy or Savage are managed by.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Another prediction correct.
Had to go!

Surely you can share the real reasons for it now!

Clearly the club will play a straight bat and either leak little titbits here and there over the next couple of weeks. But why not just come out with all for us here at SS??

I love a good coach sacking justification story.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well from what you relayed, he was undermining the administration, and not just in an isolated incident.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

one word.....yep..

Why is that though. his job is to tell people what he hears.
That's precisely why he was criticised by many though. He wasn't telling people what he was hearing at all!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

one word.....yep..

That's precisely why he was criticised by many though. He wasn't telling people what he was hearing at all!

Pretty sure he was. have no idea what you are talking about actually.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

collingwood have announced that they will allow banger to be interviewd and won't stand in his way should he be appointed a senior coach......

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well from what you relayed, he was undermining the administration, and not just in an isolated incident.
It seems on face value, that Fine's mail was correct.

Now hopefully we may actually get an answer to the 'What Exactly Has Watters Done?' thread???!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I thought Watter was going to bring the stability to the club to be honest. He was trying to develop new players (whatever we've got because who honestly knows - we've hardly blooded any newbs during the previous years under Lyon) Seems like we're really good at trimming the roses off before the flowers have bloomed...and then poisoning the rest of the plant before the weeds show up.

I'm pretty certain the club said Watters was a long-term plan??? Why isn't our recruiting department under more scrutiny?? Geelong must be laughing their a$ses off at us! As Geelong will be running again...AGAIN FOR the 2014 flag! We'll be lucky not to come in dead last! Thank god for Melbourne hey?

I'm spooked about the prospect of Harvs taking the helm. I know he's always been one for a challenge...but we're a goddamn charity at times.
Last edited by St. Luke on Fri 01 Nov 2013 3:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

That's precisely why he was criticised by many though. He wasn't telling people what he was hearing at all![/quote]

Pretty sure he was. have no idea what you are talking about actually.[/quote]

Fine didn't tell anyone why Watters had to go.

Said there were issues - but left everyone hanging!

He clearly heard things. Lots of things. But he didn't tell people what he heard, contrary to what you've said above.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I thought Watter was going to bring the stability to the club to be honest. He was trying to develop new players (whatever we've got because who honestly knows - we've hardly blooded any newbs during the previous years under Lyon) Seems like we're really good at trimming the roses off before the flowers have bloomed...and then poisoning the rest of the plant before the weeds show up.

I'm pretty certain the club said Watters was a long-term plan??? Why isn't our recruiting department under more scrutiny?? Geelong must be laughing their a$ses off at us! As Geelong will be running again...AGAIN FOR the 2014 flag! We'll be lucky not to come in dead last! Thank god for Melbourne hey?

Its pretty obvious now that SW had trouble communicating and if he was to go any longer the club would have been in complete disarray.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Geelong must be laughing their a$ses off at us! As Geelong will be running again...AGAIN FOR the 2014 flag!

I don't understand that logic to be honest.

We laud Geelong for 'running again for the flag' as if it's some wonderful achievement to be up the top end of the ladder. But when we play finals for a decade and play in 2 GFs, it's considered failure and any attempt to be positive about it described as 'accepting mediocrity'!

It's AFL footy. Being a contender, or being bottom 4 doesn't mean s***. Winning the flag is the only thing that matters.

So whether we go through a 'rebuild' in the bottom 4 and lose a coach or two along the way, or whether we sat in the 8 for another 2-3 years is irrelevant for mine - unless we win the flag. Same for Geelong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Pretty sure he was. have no idea what you are talking about actually.[/quote]

Fine didn't tell anyone why Watters had to go.

Said there were issues - but left everyone hanging!

He clearly heard things. Lots of things. But he didn't tell people what he heard, contrary to what you've said above.[/quote]

He said enough. maybe if he said the exact problems it could have revealed the source.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Geelong must be laughing their a$ses off at us! As Geelong will be running again...AGAIN FOR the 2014 flag!

I don't understand that logic to be honest.

We laud Geelong for 'running again for the flag' as if it's some wonderful achievement to be up the top end of the ladder. But when we play finals for a decade and play in 2 GFs, it's considered failure and any attempt to be positive about it described as 'accepting mediocrity'!

It's AFL footy. Being a contender, or being bottom 4 doesn't mean s***. Winning the flag is the only thing that matters.

So whether we go through a 'rebuild' in the bottom 4 and lose a coach or two along the way, or whether we sat in the 8 for another 2-3 years is irrelevant for mine - unless we win the flag. Same for Geelong.
no 1 draft pick for next year is now almost assured....... i wish you an early welcome to the club hugh.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

I was shocked and dissappointed when I first heard this news. Watters never really got the chance to prove whether he could coach or not. Things were obviously deliberately kept quiet so as not to effect trade period. I expect now plans have been put in place for a speedy resolution, with a new coach of paramount significance.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Just finished listening to the Saints Press Conference. What an absolute, unprofessional joke from the Peter Summers. He
ran away from every issue. Structures were "not right" for the way ahead he said. The Saints members need to be given much more than what was delivered this afternoon.

No alternative coach has been approached! An "appointment committee" is yet to be set up! It is therefore clear that "nothing" has been put in place by the Board - clearly, it was simply a "knee-jerk" reaction, not a well planned, forward thinking move by the Board.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

What the hell was he supposed say. "Well, we all think Scott was really difficult to work with, and we can't possibly continue with him because of that"

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Get Choco

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

joke and an embarrassment of a club

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Someone told me about midday - didn't believe it as I had just listened to part of the SEN interview on the news - something like Watters thought he had the full support of the (president) board...
Not majorly surprised though.

First question from any prospective coaching candidates: What is the reporting relationship between the Head of Football and the Senior Coach?

Out: Watters, Laidley, xxx

Into the New World Order: Mark Williams. Jaxons has indicated Choco will be the new coach, guess that's it then :shock:

I would have also considered Alan Richardson, then Rob Harvey. Others (for asst) Leigh Tudor, Ashley Prescott, Nathan Bassett & Luke Beveridge.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
spert
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:joke and an embarrassment of a club
Giving every impression of a rudderless ship

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by stinger on Fri 01 Nov 2013 5:06pm, edited 1 time in total.