President presser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Re: President presser

Damned if you hold a press conference, damned if you don't.
If you don't - people on here ask the question "What is the Club trying to hide?",
"Why isn't the Club communicating with supporters?" etc etc ad nauseum.

If you do hold a press conference, and your answers are considered and
well-measured, you get criticized for looking weak-willed.

Pres and ex-CEO went OK by me.
What on earth were you expecting ?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A reason would of been handy

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What an absolute, unprofessional joke from the Peter Summers. He ran away from every issue. Structures were "not right" for the way ahead he said. In view of all the media talk and the "sudden move," the Saints members need to be given much more than what was delivered this afternoon.

No alternative coach has been approached! An "appointment committee" is yet to be set up! It is therefore clear that "nothing" has been put in place by the Board - clearly, it was simply a "knee-jerk" reaction, not a well planned, forward thinking move by the Board.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

On a hiding to nothing.
Probably confidentiality (legal) reasons for not going into detail. Also would not want to get into a debate in the media.
Interesting to see if Scott lets rip in the media.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:jesus..

He is to old to coach.
well thanks Terry Gilliam

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

That was an absolute train wreck.

Our ability to communicate with our supporters, our sponsors and the media remains somewhere between diabolical and disastrous.

Summers looked completely out of his depth fielding basic questions.

It's like he swallowed a book of Corporate Speak 101 and hoped it would explain a decision that badly needed to be explained. In normal English. Not spin.

That's what elite leaders do. They don't hide behind doublespeak.

As paid-up members, I didn't think it was too much to ask that we received a decent explanation. If it was the right decision, tell us why and how, and show us the vision. Then we'll be behind you.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!

Jesus what a lying piece of garbage.

Led down the garden path by these liars.

Disgusting rabble spivs.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:jesus..

He is to old to coach.
Would be anointed "The Messiah" though. Bit like Blighty.

Presser didn't come across as intended. Really comes down to Media and Communications expertise. In all the organisations I have worked for there has always been a media person on the executive. In a public organisation such as this, I cannot see how we don't have one. I know it comes down to cost, but I think that this would be a worthwhile investment.

saintlee
Club Player

The big problem as I see it is that he did not explain why Watters was sacked. That is what the fans want to know and understand.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

To the bloke that had a go at anyone that didn't want to renew there memberships after the sacking..... This is why I won't how dumb do they think we are.... Shocked

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I haven't heard presser yet?

But from all reports i heard from mates the President was atrocious.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:Presser didn't come across as intended. Really comes down to Media and Communications expertise. In all the organisations I have worked for there has always been a media person on the executive. In a public organisation such as this, I cannot see how we don't have one. I know it comes down to cost, but I think that this would be a worthwhile investment.
From what I can tell, we've got two junior media managers who handle the daily media operations but nobody capable of handling high-level strategic communications (which we haven't had...ever?)

Must be a cost issue. Those types don't come cheap - Collingwood just went and grabbed Stephan Rielly from The Age, but had the money to do so. Which we don't...especially after today's -$400,000 news.

:cry:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

So disgusting I wrote an email to the club informing them of my non renewal treated supporters like idiots

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why didn't Pelchin front.... He was responsible for the sacking

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Did anyone from the media how much $$$ the Club's going to lose in paying out yet another person?
450 big ones

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why didn't Pelchin front.... He was responsible for the sacking
Is that an opinion or a fact?
I'm sure he had input into the decision but to state it categorically like you have is taking it a step further than that.
Surely he would have advised the Board on his thoughts and they would have made the final decision.
A decision that will cost the Club dollars that they can ill afford to waste on a termination payout.
So inevitably the Board will have had the final say.

And Pelchin was there in the room - just not speaking (according to the reporter from SEN).
I'm sure his bosses (the Board and CEO) decided on who should speak.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are you seriously suggesting Pelchin wasn't responsible

Who the the head of the footy dept who reports to the board?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you seriously suggesting Pelchin wasn't responsible

Pelchan was responsible for the sacking but more importantly was partly responsible for Watters appointment.

If Watters couldn't coach why isn't Pelchan and Thonpson and the others left at the club who made the decision to appoint him not getting sacked.

From what I hear not only are Watters and Thompson not getting sacked but will be on the panel to appoint the next victim...oops I mean coach.

Fkn rabble

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You know for a fact that Pelch1n either sacked Watters by himself or demanded the Board sack Watters?
Because that's the claim I'm reading in your posts.

So he's the one making the final decisions, including ones where expenditure of significant dollars are the result?

I quite clearly stated that he obviously gave his opinion on the matter to the Board, but it's another huge leap to categorically state 'he is responsible' as you've done.

How about just answering the direct question for once?

Do you know for a fact Pelchin is the person solely responsible for Watters sacking?
Or are you just posting your opinion on this matter?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Pelchan was responsible for the sacking but more importantly was partly responsible for Watters appointment.

If Watters couldn't coach why isn't Pelchan and Thonpson and the others left at the club who made the decision to appoint him not getting sacked.

From what I hear not only are Watters and Thompson not getting sacked but will be on the panel to appoint the next victim...oops I mean coach.

Fkn rabble

JB. calm down have a deep breath and just remember this is My Stkilda. We do this all the time and will continue to survive. A mate had a go at our club on facebook and he is a Swans supporter. I reminded him as bad as we are our home games are still in melbourne and we dont need a handout to get players to our club. We are rabble this week but on draft day this will all be forgotten and we will be back on board.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Pelchan was responsible for the sacking but more importantly was partly responsible for Watters appointment.

Fkn rabble

JB. calm down have a deep breath and just remember this is My Stkilda. We do this all the time and will continue to survive. A mate had a go at our club on facebook and he is a Swans supporter. I reminded him as bad as we are our home games are still in melbourne and we dont need a handout to get players to our club. We are rabble this week but on draft day this will all be forgotten and we will be back on board.
Yep,
Just another in a long line of 'happenings' that make up the varied history of StKFC.
We may have only won a single premiership in our 140 years of existence, but nobody could ever claim that the ride has been boring.
My St Kilda - never a dull moment.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Fkn rabble

Finally someone with some sort of voice of reason in amongst the hysteria. A coach got sacked. Our board said it wouldn't happen and it did. Wow, that's never happened before has it? This is football, it happens at ALL levels. There would be tons that none of us are privy to. Yes it looks terrible right now, but I'm not going to wail and carry on because ppl in charge at the club sacked a bloke they said they wouldn't. How the hell do we know that circumstances hadn't changed since they made that announcement re the non sacking? I was happy for Watters to continue, but I found it really hard to get a read on him re his performance. Mainly because we have such an ordinary list. However last year our list looked promising. Who knows?

My biggest concern is that pre-season should be starting any day now - AND WE DON'T HAVE A COACH! We need one ASAP

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So they dont have a replacement but he has done something violently horrible it had to be done today.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whatever helps I suppose...

JB
How inconsistent are you.... You smashed anyone suggesting mismanagement ...... Now you leading the choir ...... Actually, you've gone nuts over a pretty foreseeable happening....

There is one poisonous individual that needs to go....