Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

At least it evens up the round one clash. I thought the Demons were going to be the only one with a new coach.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Am I allowed to comment?

Apparently the club is flying and Carlolyn Wlson, Mark Fine, now Dermott Brereton and of course me are just wankers for discussing anything but....

Lets put our collective heads in the sand and ignore the reality that is.... The state of the stkfc

Pelchin has seen off two coaches now, and no one in their right mind would come to coach a club under someone else's. direction.... Assistants have walked, players have walked, staffers have walked, messages mixed, coach sacked, CEO walked....

Where's that disarray bread with all the chest beaters (bleaters) who mocked any questioning?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"SCOTT Watters walked out of a meeting with St Kilda powerbrokers on October 10 still hopeful he might secure a contract extension in January.

By the time the Herald Sun reported the following Tuesday that the extension would not be forthcoming, Watters was doomed.

In truth it was a decision that had been building for the last six weeks of the season, influenced by poor relationships with players, assistant coaches and the board."

....more reasons detailed in the article....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Am I allowed to comment?

Apparently the club is flying and Carlolyn Wlson, Mark Fine, now Dermott Brereton and of course me are just wankers for discussing anything but....

Lets put our collective heads in the sand and ignore the reality that is.... The state of the stkfc

Pelchin has seen off two coaches now, and no one in their right mind would come to coach a club under someone else's. direction.... Assistants have walked, players have walked, staffers have walked, messages mixed, coach sacked, CEO walked....

Where's that disarray bread with all the chest beaters (bleaters) who mocked any questioning?

You didnt rate him as a coach so you should be quite happy.

Austinnn
Club Player

Don't see why we are suddenly a joke, though I can see why plenty of posters are embarrassed; many of us backed the wrong horse now we feel betrayed.

Back to the board and admin. Before today they were super professional and decisive. Could it be that they are still those things, that they felt the6 had to sack Watters? Maybe he forced the issue. Maybe he didn't handle the end of Laidley's contract well. We don't know why, I'm sure we will in good time.

I'm glad that the pres isn't sharing everything with the outside.

I also don't see how Pelchen lied. He didn't even talk about the coach.

As far as I can see it, they are still shocked, so maybe the decision was forced by Watters and not them. I'll still support the club, and hope they find the right coach this time.

It looks bad but if it's come to this, maybe we're better off without SW. There were lots of things I liked and didn't like about him, but now I only care about his replacement.

At times like this, forget the media; this event only supports their prejudice against our club. Be unified and give the club time to ride the storm and appoint the right coach to take us forward.

Strength through loyalty to the club, not coach.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scott who ?

saintbob
SS Life Member

No wonder we're the laughing stock of the AFL, this is a f****** joke and if they bring Mark Williams in they can stick their membership up their f****** arse!!!!
Last edited by saintbob on Fri 01 Nov 2013 5:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Forget interviewing. If pelch wants his man go and get him. Putting on fan far around strategic reviews and interview processes is a waste of time, money and resources. Not only that it it has failed previously eg got watters!

Choco is the man

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:No wonder we're the laughing stock of the AFL, this is a f****** joke and if they bring Mark Williams in they can stick their membership up their f****** arse!!!!

Hopefully you are joking. Who cares what type of person coaches us. he could be the best coach for our club. Surely thats all that matters.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Williams or Tudor. both will get us up a little higher just because we will win some early games and have a few back from injury and some gaps filled. The board will look like guns next year.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You've never needed anybody's permission to post before, why should it be now?

Congratulations!
You've been proved correct this time.
You do realize that a 'stopped clock' is correct twice a day?

I suppose now we're going to get numerous posts wallowing in your 'inside knowledge' of all things football.
You might as well enjoy it because I'm sure it won't be long before you post more tripe that elicits responses that causes you to 'bleat' about being a 'poor little bullied victim'.

I've been listening intently this afdternoon and I haven't heard that the StKFC has gone int administration, liquidation, folded, been wound up or isn't intending to play in the 2014 AFL competition.

We sacked a coach.
We haven't told anyone why and that had caused much angst amongst the media who just love to see a stoush between a football club and an ex-coach so they can write more stories.
We also haven't told our members, supporters and fans why we've made the decision.
And that seems to have elicited the 'woe is us' response from the 'nervous nellies' who frequent forums and talkback radio.

StKFC will survive the sacking of Watters.
The AFL needs 18 teams to play (have a look at the lengths they went to this year to keep EFC playing).
If it's so bad down at Seaford, as some have painted it today and over the last few weeks, then why hasn't the AFL 'stepped in' to fix it.
Like they did at Melbourne earlier this year.
Instead they've been making pronouncements that they're 'comfortable' about what our Board had been doing.
And anybody who thinks that the Board didn't advise HQ what they have been doing over the past few weeks is seriously misunderstanding the way Clubs are run in the AFL system.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I am agreeing with everything you are saying now I have the facts.

Like everything I get the facts first before critisising.

No players walked BTW - and the trading strategy has been completely successful.

However The admin has continually lied to the members over the past couple of week about the coach

Pelchan
Bains
Summers

All stated that Watters would not be sacked and would coach in 2014.

Completely lost faith with this admin.

Now they have pissed half a mill up against the wall in a coach payout.

Pelchan was part of selecting Watters why isn't he sacked? If Watters was so bad surely the decision to appoint him is just as bad.

As for coaching the club, I agree, who would want to come in when t is obvious Pelchan runs the show, not the coach. Might as well make him coach.

Got another GT megalomanic on our hands.

F##k this rabble of a club
Last edited by joffaboy on Fri 01 Nov 2013 5:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Another one gone, onto the next chapter...

Interestingly the Saints have said MORE changes to come.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I am agreeing with everything you are saying now I have the facts.

The admin has continually lied to the members over the past couple of weeks

Pelchan
Bains
Summers

All stated that Watters would not be sacked and would coach in 2014.

Completely lost faith with this admin.

Now they have pissed half a mill up against the wall in a coach payout.

Pelchan was part of selecting Watters why isn't he sacked? If Watters was so bad surely the decision to appoint him is just as bad.

As for coaching the club, I agree, who would want to come in when t is obvious Pelchan runs the show, not the coach. Might as well make him coach.

Got another GT megalomanic on our hands.

F##k this rabble of a club
I think it's pretty naive to expect the club answer those questions truthfully.

"Yes, the reports are correct, we are seriously considering sacking our coach very soon"

Really?

They obviously came to the conclusion recently, but held fire for the good of our trade period and the good of the club.

Every club would answer the same, until the coach is sacked, he is still the coach.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Williams or Tudor. both will get us up a little higher just because we will win some early games and have a few back from injury and some gaps filled. The board will look like guns next year.
I'd certainly look at Tudor but only if we also get smart a d find a senior mentor to sit alongside in the VIc

A Tudor/Choco partnership would be my dream team

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SainterK wrote:No, heard it from people connected with the club...multiple people
The players I have spoken to disagree.
Are they the same players who report to P66 or do you have your own fan club

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I would be devastated if it were pelchen sacked.
Watters, seriously, what is the concern?

#1 Ryder fan
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are you using HINDSIGHT Joffa?

Thought we weren't allowed to do that?? Remember My 'MO'?

I don't agree with the sacking of Watter BTW..... Unless I hear good reasons why? Mismanagement again. Would have do so R16 and then hired best available.... We are now paying two coaches wages next year, when it makes little difference?!

Seriously, did Pelchin need him gone that much?

Pelchin to me... Is little finger .....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hmmmm...just had a thread locked...what has happened to this place ????

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:hmmmm...just had a thread locked...what has happened to this place ????

You ibanezed it!
Now, back to lucky burgers after the sandbelt?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I would be devastated if it were pelchen sacked.
Watters, seriously, what is the concern?
Well, a little concern. But pretty much agree.
I would hope that they have made some contact re: the replacement.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:hmmmm...just had a thread locked...what has happened to this place ????

You ibanezed it!
pfft by the time I'm finished I'll be lucky to get home for work cup day :(

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

You ibanezed it!

Over 28's tomorrow night. See you there. Have no idea why they dont call it the over 68's and stop lying. There is to much lying going on at the moment.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you using HINDSIGHT Joffa?

Thought we weren't allowed to do that?? Remember My 'MO'?

I don't agree with the sacking of Watter BTW..... Unless I hear good reasons why? Mismanagement again. Would have do so R16 and then hired best available.... We are now paying two coaches wages next year, when it makes little difference?!

Seriously, did Pelchin need him gone that much?

Pelchin to me... Is little finger .....
Hey hey

This right now is an opportunity for joff and bigmart to become friends ...I like you both - dont Fack it up. The peace pipe is being lit. The white flag is up. Strength through loyalty - that is not necessarily loyalty to the club - it is loyalty within the supporter base.
If we make war we will destruct and die
Let's make love and procreate

BelfastSaint
Club Player

On SEN Brett Peake talked of disharmony and lack of unity in the playing group (during his time at the Saints) caused,he believed by Scott Watters.
Also stated that Watters leaving was a positive for St Kilda.