I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm speechless

Legendary wrote:
jaxons wrote:
This is just a broad snapshot of some recent events.
Try this list:
1) Appoint Archie Fraser
2) Allow us to go to Seaford which was essentially a breakdown of communication with Council members.
3) Appoint Nettlefold
4) Allow Ross Lyon to walk
5) Allow great St.Kilda people to leave in fact make them want to leave.
6) Manage our finances in to the ground.
7) Not look after sponsors properly.
8) Not following up potential sponsors properly.
9) Allowing Nettlefold a free reign and board not up to challenging him properly.
10) Appointing Watters and then when the decision was made to sever ties let it linger for too long instead of acting appropriately.
11) Not following correct process in appointing Richardson.
There are 8 people on the current board.

0 members of the current board were in office when Archie Fraser was appointed.
2 members of the current board were in office when we relocated to Seaford.
3 members of the current board were in office when we appointed Nettlefold.
4 members of the current board were in office when we allowed Lyon to walk.
4 members of the current board were in office when Nettlefold was allowed a "free reign".
4 members of the current board were in office when Watters was appointed.

Cannot comment about the other points you make as there are no specifics/I'm not privy to the information.

I'm well aware of some critical mistakes made regarding sponsorship in the past two years. It is a large part of the reason that the current board has terminated Nettlefold.

You cannot lay blame at the feet of the "current administration" when the majority of them were not in office for any of those decisions except for Watters' sacking and Richardson's appointment.
valid points imho........and who says nettlefold was given any more powers than a ceo would expect.........jaxons????...don't make me laugh :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
defacto
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Ok I will shut up then.
We are a world class board and administration.
The envy of all other AFL clubs.
Please plugger and kaos give me a break.
Acknowledged that not all current board members have been present for all of these decisions.
we are not. thats a fact.

but i think we are now moving the right direction. everytime i think summers is doing something thats going to take us a step back, the next confirmed act takes us three steps forward.

i am surprised his appointment didnt attract more criticism, especially since he was the finance guy when we just couldnt see to stick to a budget

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Acknowledged that not all current board members have been present for all of these decisions.

So because a couple or a few have the hide to disagree with you you then make up things like the current board is world class and the envy of all other AFL clubs. Cant see many if any who have said that. What makes me laugh is you not once have ever mentioned anything you are now mentioning until we appointed Richardson ahead of Williams. Amazing that one decision has seen you turn on the current board, a board that you are obviously not part of and as much inside info as you may get you obviously wouldnt know exactly what is being discussed by the board because you are hearing it second or third hand and we know how chinese whispers work.

jaxons
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

So because a couple or a few have the hide to disagree with you you then make up things like the current board is world class and the envy of all other AFL clubs. Cant see many if any who have said that. What makes me laugh is you not once have ever mentioned anything you are now mentioning until we appointed Richardson ahead of Williams. Amazing that one decision has seen you turn on the current board, a board that you are obviously not part of and as much inside info as you may get you obviously wouldnt know exactly what is being discussed by the board because you are hearing it second or third hand and we know how chinese whispers work.
Plugger, have known it as a fact for a long time.
The last good CEO we had was Don Hanly.
Jim Watts was great too but not there long enough.
Believe me I have no issues with Richardson chosen over Williams.
It was the way it is was handled that troubles me.
The way we treat people and lie is a terrible trait.
The board had made it clear that the final 2 candidates would present to the board.
That never happened.
We interviewed 3 people for the coaching position - Adam Kingsley, Simon McPhee and Mark Williams.
Alan Richardson presented after he was guaranteed the job.
C'mon mate, who are we kidding here?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

who really cares...we got the coach we wanted...and he will be good for the young players and good for the club..........and why should we believe you anyway...anyway....choco is a loose cannon...we can do without his sort imhfo.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

anyway...according to the saints what actually occured was as follows....

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-1 ... -their-man

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

jaxons wrote: It was the way it is was handled that troubles me.
People in business lying. Who would've thought......

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:who really cares...we got the coach we wanted...and he will be good for the young players and good for the club..........and why should we believe you anyway...anyway....choco is a loose cannon...we can do without his sort imhfo.....
Did you say the same thing about Watters?
I don't understand when people can say for certain "he will be good for the young players and good for the club".. No one knows that, be realistic, people said Watters would be amazing with them.. Its somewhat embarrassing..
ps. I love you on twitter stinger..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:who really cares...we got the coach we wanted...and he will be good for the young players and good for the club..........and why should we believe you anyway...anyway....choco is a loose cannon...we can do without his sort imhfo.....
I don't understand when people can say for certain "he will be good for the young players and good for the club".. No one knows that, be realistic, people said Watters would be amazing with them.. Its somewhat embarrassing..

i'm not on twitter mate.....and i can't remember what i said about watters...hoped he would be okay...not sure he wasn't.....

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
clarky449 wrote:

i'm not on twitter mate.....and i can't remember what i said about watters...hoped he would be okay...not sure he wasn't.....
I swear Dazza said he was you.. Got my wires crossed.. Oh wait, that's Saintspremiers..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:anyway...according to the saints what actually occured was as follows....

Stinger you are such a stickler for accuracy.
Then explain this hero...taken from the article you claim as the source of truth;

On Tuesday night Williams was one of only three candidates to have been interviewed, alongside Saints assistants Adam Kingsley and Simon McPhee. Richardson initially declined to be interviewed for the position, but St Kilda was persistent in pursuit of the 48-year-old. He threw his hat into the ring after speaking with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley and chief executive Keith Thomas.

The panel made their recommendation on Monday morning, with the Saints board ratifying the decision shortly after.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

It's not about shutting up and we are definitely not world class or the envy of anyone.

But a little more thought to the grand claims of a board OF VOLUNTEERS that are doing the best they can with limited resources and a brand that probably doesn't even rank in the top 10 of clubs.

The pres and the board know the issues at the club. None of them are fixed overnight. They will all take time. No club is perfect but continuing to undermine the efforts of volunteers to the extent that you have - and my guess is with little or no contact with ACTUAL board members - is just poor.

You've said your piece. We love your contribution. But it's time we all stopped whining. Easy to say that if you think you can do better - well there's always an AGM coming up. Otherwise shut up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:anyway...according to the saints what actually occured was as follows....

Then explain this hero...taken from the article you claim as the source of truth;

On Tuesday night Williams was one of only three candidates to have been interviewed, alongside Saints assistants Adam Kingsley and Simon McPhee. Richardson initially declined to be interviewed for the position, but St Kilda was persistent in pursuit of the 48-year-old. He threw his hat into the ring after speaking with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley and chief executive Keith Thomas.

The panel made their recommendation on Monday morning, with the Saints board ratifying the decision shortly after.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"ST KILDA insists it did not change its mind during its coach selection process after Mark Williams was overlooked in favour of Alan Richardson.

Williams appeared over the line for the role on Tuesday night after Richardson released a statement through Port Adelaide saying he had no interest in the Saints coaching position.

However, Williams will now remain Richmond's head of development after the Saints' coaching sub-committee made their recommendation to the club board at 8.30am on Thursday."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

thursday mate....not shorty thereafter...where do you get this monday bulls!t from....look ...i've been nice to you up until now...but if you insist with calling me names...you can be sure that it won't go unnoticed....or unanswered......

to me you are full of it...and full of yourself.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ..you are becoming a real bore....

...and we are all trying to move forward...new coach...three young ones to be recruited....why don't you start looking forward ..on the bright side...instead of wallowing around in pig sh!t.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hope this is my last word on the subject

Exclusive
Alan Richardson will be installed as St Kilda's new coach on Thursday after the Saints lured the Port Adelaide assistant to Melbourne on Wednesday following two weeks of private negotiations with his manager Gerard Sholly.
Port Adelaide was left blindsided on Tuesday night after Richardson backflipped on an earlier statement and contacted senior coach Ken Hinkley at about 10pm to reveal he harboured an ambition to coach the Saints

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2kW42wXmx

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

I'm confused. The bolded part is not part of the article. Are you saying that the panel recommended Williams on Monday?

If it's true and you are not on the board or on the panel, I'm concerned that you know this. The place seems to leak like a sieve.

And there's no need for name calling on here.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger, have known it as a fact for a long time.
The last good CEO we had was Don Hanly.
Jim Watts was great too but not there long enough.
Believe me I have no issues with Richardson chosen over Williams.
It was the way it is was handled that troubles me.
The board had made it clear that the final 2 candidates would present to the board.
That never happened.
We interviewed 3 people for the coaching position - Adam Kingsley, Simon McPhee and Mark Williams.
Alan Richardson presented after he was guaranteed the job.
C'mon mate, who are we kidding here?
If you have know it for a long time why did it take this process for you to tip the bucket on the club? Lets face it like all clubs we have made poor decisions in the past but I havent seen you tip the bucket previously. It confusing. it comes across that you are upset because you got the information wrong and told us. Obviously that may not be true but thats how it looks to me.

As for Richardson well the club knew what they were getting so what would have an interview done anyway. We interviewed SW and seemed to do all the right things and that didnt seem to work. Out club makes mistakes but so do many. We notice our more because we follow our club more closely than other clubs. A mate of mine was CEO for melbourne for about 3 years. You should have heard how many times he thought they stuffed up and they were a much better side then than now. Im sure all clubs have similar experiences.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think it's pretty obvious what happened.... It was a shonky process, no doubt....

Time will tell if their ignoring of process will prove correct

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think it's pretty obvious what happened.... It was a shonky process, no doubt....

maybe...but out of all the 4 mentioned...he seems the best option ...at this point in time at least...and maybe the safest opton too......we really can't aford too many more c**k ups...and williams had that potential....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think it's pretty obvious what happened.... It was a shonky process, no doubt....

How do you know this?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

maybe...but out of all the 4 mentioned...he seems the best option ...at this point in time at least...and maybe the safest opton too......we really can't aford too many more c**k ups...and williams had that potential....
But Williams at least had vast experience and cred. I reckon our club needed that more than anything.

I confident Richo has the makings of a good coach but let's hope or admin doesn't burn him

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least if he is a dud you have given yourself an out while still not canning him you are covered if he turns into a great coach as well.

You still get to bag the club with out writing him off. I'm always looking for new ways to bag my club while covering my arse for credibilities sake. Hope you don't mind if I borrow it.

Gershwin
Club Player

So who is to blame for the engineered shonky process BM or Jaxson?
Summers, Nettlefold, Pelchen, the Board, Thompson, Blake, Harley etc ?

summertime and the living is easy ........
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:

So who is to blame for the engineered shonky process BM or Jaxson?
Summers, Nettlefold, Pelchen, the Board, Thompson, Blake, Harley etc ?

fiik

karnaby
Club Player

Might this come down to Williams interview being so bad or that he showed enough sign of not being able to fit in with our new(?) structure that they jumped off him (even tho he was presumably favourite) and looked elsewhere. Seeing that the main alternatives appeared to be Kingsley and McPhee maybe they felt that what they already knew of Richardson (from 2011) meant that he was clearly better than those two.

If that's the case and they really didn't want the interviewed candidates then maybe they decided that they'd honoured the 'process' enough, now it was time to go for the last candidate who they had kept in the loop via his manager and a few negotiation later it was 'welcome to Seaford Mr Richardson'

Given the circumstances thats a good enough process for me. Not ideal, but a truckload better than what went on to appoint the 2 coaches prior to RL.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
kaos theory
Club Player

What?

Why do you make up stuff when someone challenges you or things don't go your way?

Who called the board & admin world class? I said the board stacks up pretty well, and I singled out Ian Mcleod because he is world class, that is fact, do your research.

You call the board a 'rabble' and you blame them for hiring Archie, so people challenge you on this nonsense and dis-information, and we have to 'give you a break'???