Jolly and Gilbee Added to Coaching Panel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

arpstk
Club Player

Re: Jolly and Gilbee Added to Coaching Panel

Gilbee is a great great inclusion always liked his style and as for Jolly...excellent solution! Of course he was dirty at ending his career so what its pretty normal...had a whinge...big deal...still involved in footy great result and he will be rapt...had a whinge myself from time to time...seen a few whinges on here too but we wont mention any names...lol

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

arpstk wrote:Gilbee is a great great inclusion always liked his style and as for Jolly...excellent solution! Of course he was dirty at ending his career so what its pretty normal...had a whinge...big deal...still involved in footy great result and he will be rapt...had a whinge myself from time to time...seen a few whinges on here too but we wont mention any names...lol

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!
A Whinge is ok
Going public and attacking your club who gave you a Premiership opportunity is a bit different and it's not a 1 off for this tool

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
arpstk wrote:Gilbee is a great great inclusion always liked his style and as for Jolly...excellent solution! Of course he was dirty at ending his career so what its pretty normal...had a whinge...big deal...still involved in footy great result and he will be rapt...had a whinge myself from time to time...seen a few whinges on here too but we wont mention any names...lol

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!
A Whinge is ok
Going public and attacking your club who gave you a Premiership opportunity is a bit different and it's not a 1 off for this tool
A tool can be a useful thing. Don't get caught up in the media hype it is a very slanted uneven snap shot of any subject.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He will be no good for us because apparently he is an arsehole of a bloke or so we were told by few on here.
Let's wait till we terminate his contract next year and he appears in the paper telling all what a rabble we are and how he was the only decent coach we have

Shyte bloke - that won't change
Hope we didn't throw him a bone cause he sooked he got over looked

Have you even slightly met the guy apart from watching him play on a footy field and secondly who says we dont already have players similar to him?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!
A Whinge is ok
in the end though, does it really matter?

We all have worked for bosses that are complete assholes however most are professionals and will continue to work harder to get better.

If not, the door is open to leave.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think we missed a Steven King type of ruck coach to teach and mentor the ruck players.
I look to Darren Jolly providing similar guidance to Hickey & Co.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Shopping himself around local mpnfl clubs for $3000 a game....

Hopefully a club doesn't take that up and it brings them to there knees.... Brendon Lade did a similar thing at Karingal, albeit for a bit less cash....

I think now McEvoy has gone, our Ruckmen will need support...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Shopping himself around local mpnfl clubs for $3000 a game....

Hopefully a club doesn't take that up and it brings them to there knees.... Brendon Lade did a similar thing at Karingal, albeit for a bit less cash....

Jolly is only a part-time coach -- which means that he is free to earn other part-time work, or run a business etc etc..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He certainly has the experience and could be very good for our young blokes. However, I'm glad that we didn't pick him up as a full time player/rookie. I don't know him, but he seems to have plenty of attitude.
He needs to "join in with the Saints team," but whether he wants to or not, we will see. Being a part timer, if attitude issues develop, he can be quickly cut.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think we should all cross or fingers in hope that BOTH Gilbee & Jolly turn out to be absolutely brilliant in their roles at St Kilda FC !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Jolly publicly called Buckley a coward........I like the boy.

Richter
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
BigMart wrote:Shopping himself around local mpnfl clubs for $3000 a game....

Jolly is only a part-time coach -- which means that he is free to earn other part-time work, or run a business etc etc..
Yeah, what a knob. Honestly... :roll:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I like it when ex-AFL players go back.... but when they demand what is in local leagues is ridiculous money, not sure what the motivation is? I Find it strange that a guy on quarter of a Million or more last year, and on coin from StK this year, needs to drain 30 000 out of a local club for half a season? For what is surely pocket money to him...

If he wants to scratch an itch, do it so it doesn't hurt local clubs when surely you're not desperate? He's a known arrogant selfish prick, so it doesn't surprise... As I said, hopefully no one is silly enough to take it up...

It's not as if Jolly will do a Fev or Aker and bring huge crowds through the gate and be worth it...

But, as I also wrote... Our ruckmen need tutelage and he might be a reasonable coach? Who knows

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I like it when ex-AFL players go back.... but when they demand what is in local leagues is ridiculous money, not sure what the motivation is? I Find it strange that a guy on quarter of a Million or more last year, and on coin from StK this year, needs to drain 30 000 out of a local club for half a season? For what is surely pocket money to him...

If he wants to scratch an itch, do it so it doesn't hurt local clubs when surely you're not desperate? He's a known arrogant selfish prick, so it doesn't surprise... As I said, hopefully no one is silly enough to take it up...

It's not as if Jolly will do a Fev or Aker and bring huge crowds through the gate and be worth it...

But, as I also wrote... Our ruckmen need tutelage and he might be a reasonable coach? Who knows

Didnt know clubs were forced to pay players. Its his choice what he asks for and the choice of the club to pay or not. Milney is getting huge money next year as would many players. By the way its the clubs fault if they pay the money, not the players.

Stian
Club Player

By the way; I hear that Lindsay Gilbee has been appointed to the coaching panel.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Lindsay can be tackling coach?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Maybe Lindsay can be tackling coach?

Why would he do that?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!
Tell me more about Gilbee's style?

Tell me more about why Jolly is excellent?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!
Tell me more about Gilbee's style?

Tell me more about why Jolly is excellent?
I'm guessing neither are softcocks when it comes to playing style and maybe with Richo will add some hardness to our playing group that went soft with cuddles.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gilbee like Aus Jones (2003-2005) as a player

Jolly like Steven King a a Ruckman

Gilbert seems a pretty quiet sort of level headed bloke.... Jolly drinks his own bath water....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gilbee like Aus Jones (2003-2005) as a player

Jolly like Steven King a a Ruckman

Gilbert seems a pretty quiet sort of level headed bloke.... Jolly drinks his own bath water....

Fascinating.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Give me an 'S'....

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

S

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:S
:D

Made me laugh.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Out of interest the Doggies have M Scarlett, J Corey and C Mooney all on their coaching staff for 2014.