FORUM BANS BEING ISSUED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: FORUM BANS BEING ISSUED

I would object to the integration of social media into Saintsational, if I knew what it meant.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

P66 - why is 'dobbing' not the Australian way?

Are you saying that if someone had vital information on say, Jill Meagher's killer, they should've keep quiet because it is not the 'Australian way'? Footy players complaining to the umpire? Ormond FC players complaining because there are no hotdogs in the canteen?

I find this sort of comment absurd about 'dobbing'. There are rules on this board, there is a policeman on deck and the policeman cannot patrol every street. If something really crappy is going on, then it is our right to alert the policeman to the poor behaviour.

I have done this and will continue to do this if I feel the situation warrants it.....'Australian way' or not.

And thus my stance is this...

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please pass the popcorn...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Can someone please pass the popcorn...
Matrix? You're up........ :D

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

P66 - I have been "un-Australian" and dobbed....

Dickheads can ruin your little corner of paradise if you let them run around unchecked. If someone needs their head pulled in - be a good bloke and help them do it.

It may be a rare occurrence for me to "dob", but I regard my life as too short and precious to let dickheads waste any of it - speed up the cleansing process when needed by helping to roll over a d**khead to the forum police.........

You also get a membership pin in the "laggers club".......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:P66 - why is 'dobbing' not the Australian way?

Are you saying that if someone had vital information on say, Jill Meagher's killer, they should've keep quiet because it is not the 'Australian way'? Footy players complaining to the umpire? Ormond FC players complaining because there are no hotdogs in the canteen?

I find this sort of comment absurd about 'dobbing'. There are rules on this board, there is a policeman on deck and the policeman cannot patrol every street. If something really crappy is going on, then it is our right to alert the policeman to the poor behaviour.

I have done this and will continue to do this if I feel the situation warrants it.....'Australian way' or not.

And thus my stance is this...

SEN surely its a bit overboard to compare dobbing on here to catching a killer. My point is that most warnings are issued because of dobbing. If you dont like someone here and they break even the slightest rule then that person could dob and you get a warning. The obvious way of stamping stuff like that on here is to have many mods so they can read the comments and it doesnt get down to people dobbing on each other. Im sorry I would never dob on anyone on here but if others want to do it that fine, its there choice. I just hope it isnt personal. Thats what I really dont like.

Im unsure complaining about an umpire is dobbing. Well not what i would call dobbing. I certainly would dob if I thought I could stop some crimes being committed but I dont dob in speeding drivers even though some piss me off and they are usually more dangerous to anything that could possibly happen on here.

Just get more mods and quickly. What happened to you doing it or True beleiver or anyone else. It seems we want the perfect mods. Well we will never get anymore at that rate.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Just get more mods and quickly. What happened to you doing it or True beleiver or anyone else. It seems we want the perfect mods. Well we will never get anymore at that rate.
Anybody that actually wants to be a mod is probably the last person that should be allowed to do it. No sane person would want to.
How many ex-mods still post here? I think that there is a very short life span in moderating.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I would object to the integration of social media into Saintsational, if I knew what it meant.
I have reported this post because I like it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I would object to the integration of social media into Saintsational, if I knew what it meant.
I have reported this one simply because I had the urge.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
You should be putting out fires not creating them.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Buckets
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Just get more mods and quickly. What happened to you doing it or True beleiver or anyone else. It seems we want the perfect mods. Well we will never get anymore at that rate.
Anybody that actually wants to be a mod is probably the last person that should be allowed to do it. No sane person would want to.
How many ex-mods still post here? I think that there is a very short life span in moderating.

I've always been told I'm nuts so I fit the bill! I must admit it is a shame that previous Mods have been scared away, hopefully that can change.

On the point made by P66, it's not dobbing it's giving assistance to the Mods, if the forum members believe that lines are being crossed. Nothing wrong with that. Happens on every forum that I'm on. Without forum community assistance things can spiral out of control very quickly. Being a Mod is voluntary, it's not a job, people do it to try and help, IMO of course.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Post reported - due to today - Saturday - being a total Fireban :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
matrix wrote:whadda ya mean all?
theres only one isnt there?

only see one
only one willing ... the others get impacted by the abuse when they moderate ... so they just don't moderate ... shame that we get abused ... I get abusive PMs re warnings from just about everyone I warn and some that I don't ... just tried to educate them re rules

Moderating isn't fun.

One day I would like to talk FOOTY.

Also ... if you want to know what is up re the integration of social media etc into a Saintsational website hub ... there has been a member objecting that we are doing it ... I shall build it anyway but whether it ever gets loaded onto saintsational.com is yet to be determined ...

i was sorry to read that mate......"just about everone".??????..........as someone that cops as many ..if not more warning than anyone else i was dissapointed by your post.....gives the bullying haters on here the impression that we all abuse you.....something i have never done.......imhfo anybody who would do that is lower that a sow's belly.......i'm quite prepared to reprint all our pm's too to prove my point even though it might get me a fresh warning..... :cry: :cry: :cry: ....not happy jan....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I would Mod but I'm most unlikely to be asked.

I'm sure that Stinger would be capable too but like myself, unlikely to be asked.

Perhaps the criteria is too narrow?

If moderation was done incognito, i.e. Mod 1, Mod 2, etc , at least that would cut down the abuse, or at least share it out.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

GrumpyOne wrote:I would Mod but I'm most unlikely to be asked. I'm sure that Stinger would be capable too but like myself, unlikely to be asked.
We could do worse. :) But in fairness, we'd have to also invite in the third musketeer.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Boy Dave, controversial

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

skeptic wrote:Boy Dave, controversial
:wink:

Yeah, I know. Tough job, but someone has to do it. (Be controversial.) :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

waiting for your response bfusa...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: BANS BEING ISSUED

CURLY wrote:Let's hope we don't have posters lagging on each other.

of course we do.....tit for tat and all that....

Buckets
SS Life Member

It's not tit for tat or lagging or dobbing.

For too long a number of posters have believed themselves far above the rest of the Saintsational community, that needs to stop. The belittling baiting bagging and downright rudeness of some is unwarranted. And if that means that Mods get help by members in terms of people doing the right thing then they report it which helps Moderation.

If you think a report is valid then press the button and the Mods will check it out.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

I got more enjoyment reading this thread than the Sun or Age this morning

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing says he is moderating also, but is that a more part timr/casual gig at the moment?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:It's not tit for tat or lagging or dobbing.

For too long a number of posters have believed themselves far above the rest of the Saintsational community, that needs to stop. The belittling baiting bagging and downright rudeness of some is unwarranted. And if that means that Mods get help by members in terms of people doing the right thing then they report it which helps Moderation.

If you think a report is valid then press the button and the Mods will check it out.
The problem with that is some people get dobbed in and some dont and some people do the dobbing and some dont. You could find many posts similar or worse than when people have got warnings for. That then creates issues. The best way to do things is to have as many mods as possible and hgaving mods with slightly different ideas of what is right and wrong is also good as long as they consult with other mods before warning or banning. The reason for this is simple. What is one persons bait or bagging could be another persons good open discussion.

I think it was mentioned previously that we need mods who have never really had a reputation as being argumentive or a bagger or a baiter. Well maybe you are going down the wrong track. Lets face it even a mod who has never had a bad word with someone else still has a preconceived idea about o poster. Maybehaving people who have baither or had strong arguments is the way to go. They would really know baiting, belittling etc. Afterall many ex drug addicts help other drug addicts get off drugs.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I think it was mentioned previously that we need mods who have never really had a reputation as being argumentive or a bagger or a baiter. Well maybe you are going down the wrong track. Lets face it even a mod who has never had a bad word with someone else still has a preconceived idea about o poster. Maybehaving people who have baither or had strong arguments is the way to go. They would really know baiting, belittling etc. Afterall many ex drug addicts help other drug addicts get off drugs.
Anyone with a history of baiting, belittling, being aggressive and abusive would need to not be doing it any more and have been 'clean' for a while.