We are expected to finsh bottom this year!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: We are expected to finsh bottom this year!

With a few extra teams possibly pushing into the 8 this year like North, Eagles and Crows who can you see dropping out. Could the Cats have a shocker? If the Tigers and Carlton hold their spots in the 8 and one or two push in then it could be a very different 8 in the finals this year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i would say milne struggled last year pluggs but he's not there anymore... also Fisher struggled but that hopefully was more injury issues than a start of his form dropping away ...

i agree results of this year hold nothing in regards to how the coach is going its a building year we will get flogged in some games and we will go long preiods without a win so that in itself will cause a drop off from some players regardless of the coach ... i think Richo needs to be the teacher for the next two years and build a mindset into the players like Ross Lyon did where its about the weight of numbers if you win more contests then you will prob win more games if you make more tackles the opersition will find it harder to play against you if you have more shots at goal you have more chance to score ... its about breaking it down to the basics and getting the team to play like a team in our peak we were almost cult like in our following of the "golden rules" put forward by Lyon .. Richo needs to build new golden rules and get the players to live by them
plus recruiting a couple of superstars in the next two drafts wouldn't go astray.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:With a few extra teams possibly pushing into the 8 this year like North, Eagles and Crows who can you see dropping out. Could the Cats have a shocker? If the Tigers and Carlton hold their spots in the 8 and one or two push in then it could be a very different 8 in the finals this year.
Dunno - They were runner up in the VFL which indicates they might still be travelling ok.

I thought the PIes were due for a small rebuild and bottom out - but im not so sure.

Maybe the Tiggers arent as good we thought.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't bother me one little bit because we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Will be an exciting next four years as we get to witness the dawning of new era for St.K.F.C.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Wow after watching tne first quarter vs the Bulldogs the wooden spoon is garunteed. Second to the ball, no one working hard enough, allowing their opponents front position in marking contests, couldnt lay a tackle to save themselves, dumb slow lazy disgraceful start to the season Saints.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Wow after watching tne first quarter vs the Bulldogs the wooden spoon is garunteed. Second to the ball, no one working hard enough, allowing their opponents front position in marking contests, couldnt lay a tackle to save themselves, dumb slow lazy disgraceful start to the season Saints.

Yep after a quarter of a practice match you have gone from about 10th to 18th. How did you feel after the PA practice match in 2009 when we lost 80 points.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It's only the knob cup, but, can they make a quantum leap to be a middle of the ladder team by years end.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:Wow after watching tne first quarter vs the Bulldogs the wooden spoon is garunteed. Second to the ball, no one working hard enough, allowing their opponents front position in marking contests, couldnt lay a tackle to save themselves, dumb slow lazy disgraceful start to the season Saints.

Hope you're still watching, just took time to adjust, looking okay.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Good quarter by the Sainters. Lots of good things. Only 2 points in it, and you would not have thought that at quarter time!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Stephen Theodore wrote:

Hope you're still watching, just took time to adjust, looking okay.
Yeah happy to admit I went early but gees we looked ordinary early....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
citywest

WinnersOnly wrote:After browsing the other clubs sites they all expect us to be wooden spooners this year! Why does our list/club appear so poor to general afl population? Over the Lyon era we had a poorly managed list but the past 2 years things have turned around but are we really that bad?

Perhaps I am biaised but i look at the 2014 draw and see us possibly winning 10 games - WHY have the opposition supporters written us off as this years competition easy beats?

Gees if ever a club needed motivation to prove the doom sayers wrong just have the players read some of the opinions of our chances this year it really hurts!
This is a classic case of Delusions of Grandeur and Rose Coloured Glasses rolled into one!!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Doggies won't be a bad side.
A bit light on down back but much improved with Stringer and Crameri fwd.

Still have Bob Murphy, Ryan Griffin and Jarrad Grant to come back.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Couldnt care less where we finish on the ladder as long as young players show glimpses of being future champions

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Couldnt care less where we finish on the ladder as long as young players show glimpses of being future champions
+ 1

I just get riled up when people on here keep thinking that the class of 09 is going to jump in a time machine and start dominating again.

Can we just enjoy the ride with kids and stop fantasising about where our list is at.

And forget the 'coach' issue. Leigh Matthews and Jock McHales love child could not get us into the 8 with our list.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
matrix wrote:U don't know who the coach is?
How does Richo count as "a respected coach who knows his stuff tactically and can get the goods from young players"?

He's been in the club for about fifteen minutes and hasn't coached a game yet. I loved Watters for most of his tenure, but he turned out to be shithouse. Who's to say Richo won't do the same?
Because he's been at a number of clubs now. and held a number of roles He's untested as a SENIOR coach. Which is why I didn't say he's a great senior coach. From what i've read and heard on radio ect Richo is almost universally respected in AFL circles and has a great reputation for tactics and development.

He might be s*** and he might be the next Alan Jeans but all we have right now is his reputation and what we've personally seen to go on. Which IMHO has been pretty good

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I really don't give a Blights toss bag about what any other club/journo/player/whatever thinks about the prospects for MY club. Really couldn't be bothered wasting energy on it, just as i don't ponder how other clubs are going to fare next year. I'm going along to the "dome we call home" in 2014 to barrack myself silly backing MY club!
GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)