Jack and Nick on TFS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jack and Nick on TFS

Billings and Riewoldt that is--
6/3/14

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack and Nick on TFS

If the opening interview with Bomber is anything to go by the Footy show is in for a huge year!
Unfortunately I felt a sudden need to sort my sock drawer out after the first minute,

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:If the opening interview with Bomber is anything to go by the Footy show is in for a huge year!
Unfortunately I felt a sudden need to sort my sock drawer out after the first minute,

agree

word is jack's interview may have been taped today.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Beekay
SS Life Member

absolutely painful viewing.

on so many levels.

just awful.

i survived about one minute before my brain collapsed.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Well you missed a cracker of a comeback by Roo to Nath Brown in the interview!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:Well you missed a cracker of a comeback by Roo to Nath Brown in the interview!
Which was?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nath introduced roo as 1/2 Texan, 1/2 American, 1/2 Australian.

Nick replied that is three halves, you can't be a one and a half person.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Nick replied that is three halves, you can't be a one and a half person.
You can with the help of peptides.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I watched about 2 mins of conversation between Swan , Sam and Lyon and my brain imploded.....had to switch over.

People are dumb where I come from.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Nath introduced roo as 1/2 Texan, 1/2 American, 1/2 Australian.

Is Nathan Brown on The Footy Show now?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:Nath introduced roo as 1/2 Texan, 1/2 American, 1/2 Australian.

Is Nathan Brown on The Footy Show now?
Don't think so, he's on the Sunday one

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I washed my hair last night.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I washed my hair last night.
About time

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Dont bother watching that rubbish any more. Too juvenile for me and I am in my second childhood.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jack was only on for a couple of minutes, but long enough for Lyon to have a dig at Seaford.

I trust Gaz's beloved Dees will enjoy the drive to Casey Fields, wherever the hell that may be :roll:

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

That show has been embarrassing and cringe-worthy for over a dozen years. In the rare times I've tuned in, I've lasted no more than 5 minutes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:That show has been embarrassing and cringe-worthy for over a dozen years. In the rare times I've tuned in, I've lasted no more than 5 minutes.

It seems many people like it going by the ratings. Its what it is. I still find it a good laugh. Plenty of serious footy shows around.

Beekay
SS Life Member

People are stupid. The majority still don't know how to research, access and control media with a fine tooth comb. In the year 2014.

The only thing I've consistently watched with ads for the last 8 years is live sport.

I'd need to be a drunk to numb the pain of your favourite high-rated shows (like Neighbours, A Current Affair - oh yay!) along side ad breaks every 5 minutes with the volume juiced.

The Footy Show a good laugh? Wow.. that's deprivation. Pass the billy, plugs, I'll need to rip at least 5 to get through 5 seconds of JB's attempt at humour.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:People are stupid. The majority still don't know how to research, access and control media with a fine tooth comb. In the year 2014.

The only thing I've consistently watched with ads for the last 8 years is live sport.

I'd need to be a drunk to numb the pain of your favourite high-rated shows (like Neighbours, A Current Affair - oh yay!) along side ad breaks every 5 minutes with the volume juiced.

The Footy Show a good laugh? Wow.. that's deprivation. Pass the billy, plugs, I'll need to rip at least 5 to get through 5 seconds of JB's attempt at humour.

Flying High is stupid. Doesnt make it a bad movie. Why do people care about adds. Gives you time to do other stuff. Not everything needs to be serious or special. Why do you think shows like my kitchen rules and the block rate. because people want to just relax and get away from the grind of work and other daily chores. You dont like the footy show well thats fine but just because a lot of people watch it, it doesnt make people stupid. Maybe I could say people thinking that way are stupid but i wont.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Mate, I'm all about relaxing and keeping a good balance of serious/chilled. And I enjoy silly humour, but this is really bottom of the barrel stuff.

You'd wanna amp up your green to bakky ratio.. I think Garry is about to try crack a hip joke to a Gen Y'r.... HELP!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Mate, I'm all about relaxing and keeping a good balance of serious/chilled. And I enjoy silly humour, but this is really bottom of the barrel stuff.

You'd wanna amp up your green to bakky ratio.. I think Garry is about to try crack a hip joke to a Gen Y'r.... HELP!

It rates. Someones watching it. I dont think they are all stupid.

Beekay
SS Life Member

I don't think everybody who regularly eat at Maccas are stupid, but on some level.... they are.

Even all those fat engineering mates of mine from my RMIT days, waddling across Swanston to HJs. Straight As in one hand, a jumbo coke in the other.

Some have very lucrative contracts to file alongside their virginity and terror of worldly exploration.

Plug, we should do a radio show together.

A much less chip-on-the-shoulder back-and-forth than you and Giant Mart.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Beekay wrote:Mate, I'm all about relaxing and keeping a good balance of serious/chilled. And I enjoy silly humour, but this is really bottom of the barrel stuff.

The Nazi party were popular -doesn't make it right. When I was young I was put off footy clubs because of the kind of inane men dressed as women and strippers for any thing they could think of mentality that the footy show is based on. It is the kind of show that slowly strips away my will to live. There is honestly not one guy on that show that I would want to spend 5 minutes of my life with socially. Even when you get one of our players on the show, that kind of puerile questioning of their manhood and anything that looks like freewill outside of a pack wolf mentality is beaten out of them verbally. Each to their own but it depresses me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The Nazi party were popular -doesn't make it right. When I was young I was put off footy clubs because of the kind of inane men dressed as women and strippers for any thing they could think of mentality that the footy show is based on. It is the kind of show that slowly strips away my will to live. There is honestly not one guy on that show that I would want to spend 5 minutes of my life with socially. Even when you get one of our players on the show, that kind of puerile questioning of their manhood and anything that looks like freewill outside of a pack wolf mentality is beaten out of them verbally. Each to their own but it depresses me.

Excellent anology. I take it you didnt do debating at school. You wouldnt spend any time with any of them socially. How easily influnced are you by a silly footy show to make a statement like that. And put off footy clubs by a TV show. Again how easily influenced are you. And im sure you posted last year on things that happened on the footy show. maybe I wrong about that but it does ring a bell.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Excellent anology. I take it you didnt do debating at school. You wouldnt spend any time with any of them socially. How easily influnced are you by a silly footy show to make a statement like that. And put off footy clubs by a TV show. Again how easily influenced are you. And im sure you posted last year on things that happened on the footy show. maybe I wrong about that but it does ring a bell.
I doubt it, I have watched it about 5 times in the last 8 years and only when there has ben one of our own guys on. Which one of those guys would you want to spend time in their company. James Brayshaw, Garry Lyon, Billy Brownless, Sam Newman etc. all seem like moronic egotists with very little to contribute. I doubt you have ever worked debating out as you seem to stick your fingers in your ears while chanting "NANANANANANA" over and over when confronted with perfectly reasonable arguments. You ridiculously weak argument that some how popularity is the measure of it's quality was the equal to my Nazi statement. I challenged you with arguments that I think are suited to your level.