Tickets v essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Tickets v essendon

I take it since there is a) no thread about it Amd b) we aren't as popular now, there's no issue getting a seat with your 16 game membership this weekend. Would that be correct or will we need to buy our seat like normal?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tickets v essendon

this published today would indicate just walk up and find genral admission
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-1 ... -info-rd-5

I know of many not going.... but they are 11 game members

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Out of sheer principle about the whole Essendope saga, I'm not going.

Having said that out of curiosity I checked the ticket master website, I discovered even as an AFL member I would have yo pay $30 to for a seat.

One of my fellow Sainters rang our club and was told that every Essendon game is a ticketed event thanks to their stadium contract, and as a sixteen game membership, she too would have to buy a ticket.

So out of the four of us who would normally go together none of us will be going.
Essendon will have to find its profit from someone else.
And I feel like I'm letting our team down as I'm not one to miss a game, but 2013-2014 has made me realise the day has come when ordinary supporters are being discouraged from attending.

It might pay to confirm that it is a walk up game and not ticketed.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Out of sheer principle about the whole Essendope saga, I'm not going.

Having said that out of curiosity I checked the ticket master website, I discovered even as an AFL member I would have yo pay $30 to for a seat.

One of my fellow Sainters rang our club and was told that every Essendon game is a ticketed event thanks to their stadium contract, and as a sixteen game membership, she too would have to buy a ticket.

So out of the four of us who would normally go together none of us will be going.
And I feel like I'm letting our team down as I'm not one to miss a game, but 2013-2014 has made me realise the day has come when ordinary supporters are being discouraged from attending.

that triggers a memory

problem is Essendon fans have reserved seats all over the levels and refuse to change them. - so they have to sell around them

I know in early years the saints had reserved seats on level 4
but for various reasons- one I assume being the look if the lower levels did not fill ( which they didn't) then it looks bad on Tv.
so they changed reservation to being level 1 and up.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Ticketmaster only has reserved seats on sale. No General Admission.

I've always thought Essendon games were all ticketed.

I'm confused.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

ozrulestrace wrote:Out of sheer principle about the whole Essendope saga, I'm not going.

Spot on I was told it was fully ticketed game as per usual with Essendon games at Etihad. Unless this is suddenly changed in last week or two!!

avid
Club Player

I'm a standard, home game St K F C member.
I realise I've probably been told this a thousand times, but it hasn't really sunk in.

Is it true that:
a) this is a fully ticketed match?
b) a "fully ticketed" match means that you have to buy a reserved seat on top of your general admission ticket (except if you've got 16 game home and away membership)
c) this will cost about $50 in total
d) [just to double-check again] there is no way I can turn up, pay $20 general admission, and even hope to find a seat somewhere?

If someone who really does understand the system (there may be some rare genius) could confirm or correct the above, I, and our entire footy gang, would be very grateful.

Looks like I, and our entire footy gang, might not be bolstering the AFL's attendance figures tomorrow.
That would be the first time, voluntarily, for many, many years.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I'm not going to watch the drugged up wankers who continually gloat about how they outsmarted the authorities, who destroyed the evidence after the tip off, and now wait for all and sundry to prove otherwise.

I'll watch how we go on Foxtel

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just did a search- $25 for level 3 on the wings that is totals as a non member - full price adult
choose your seats
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/ess-v-st ... 50EEF6167B

the goal ends on level 3 are $40
some near St kilda cheersquad level 1 $40
small section of AFL area level 1 - $52
level 2 up to $62

buy online and pay $7.00 _ do they charge that at the gate?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:I'm not going to watch the drugged up wankers who continually gloat about how they outsmarted the authorities, who destroyed the evidence after the tip off, and now wait for all and sundry to prove otherwise.

I am going to SUPPORT the St Kilda Football team-- why should they look up and only see the oppostions colours

as Eastern would implore- WEAR YOUR WHITE ..... 2014 Scarf is a start

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:I'm not going to watch the drugged up wankers who continually gloat about how they outsmarted the authorities, who destroyed the evidence after the tip off, and now wait for all and sundry to prove otherwise.

I am going to SUPPORT the St Kilda Football team-- why should they look up and only see the oppostions colours

as Eastern would implore- WEAR YOUR WHITE ..... 2014 Scarf is a start
I'll look for you on the telecast :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

If I lived in Melbourne, I would go to the game, need to show some WHITE to balance the evil ones.
Need to make more noise than them.

Don't boycott the game, show your support.
If we beat the cheats, you can tell everyone you actually went and supported your club- YOUR ST KILDA

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:If I lived in Melbourne, I would go to the game, need to show some WHITE to balance the evil ones.
Need to make more noise than them.

Don't boycott the game, show your support.
If we beat the cheats, you can tell everyone you actually went and supported your club- YOUR ST KILDA
Absolutely.

As per every other week I'm just looking forward to seeing our boys in action. That's exactly why I follow them and buy a membership every year.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I'm an AFL member and it cost me $7.50.

Not sure what's happening on your end.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: I'm an AFL member and it cost me $7.50.
Ditto

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ditto

Yummy.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ditto

Yummy.
Isn't there a limited allocation of reserved seats for AFL members? Or are you getting a non reserved seat for this money? Surely if that's for a reserved seat it would be level 3

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Avid, I am a 16 game member & I've just had to pay another $18 for a seat. Not happy but what can you do?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Avid, I am a 16 game member & I've just had to pay another $18 for a seat. Not happy but what can you do?
It's a con. You buy a 16 gane membership if you want to go to all of the away games in Melbourne (otherwise purchase game by game for away games) and then you get stung.

Shame they don't have, say, a 14 game membership where you could then not go to 2 away games of your choosing. I reckon that would be quite popular.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Avid, I am a 16 game member & I've just had to pay another $18 for a seat. Not happy but what can you do?

Where's the seat?

Surely not level 3....

And if it were on the lower levels would your 16 game membership allow you to sit there?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Isn't there a limited allocation of reserved seats for AFL members? Or are you getting a non reserved seat for this money? Surely if that's for a reserved seat it would be level 3

Yes level 3. AFL members allocation was sold out on level 1 as per most essendon games at Etihad.

Why wouldn't it be level 3. That's effective the GA area where I'm just reserving a seat. Surely this is where we should be comparing it to...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So can someone please explain exactly what happens today? I am an AFL member who always sits on level 3. Do I have to pre puchase a ticket today and if yes what price will the ticket be? Sounds like $18 or am I reading it wrongly. By the way im sure Ive been to home games before and either have just worked up or purchased a seat for a token amount like $3. Obviously this has changed. Money doesnt worry me at all but its the lining up to get the seat that is the pain.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So can someone please explain exactly what happens today? I am an AFL member who always sits on level 3. Do I have to pre puchase a ticket today and if yes what price will the ticket be? Sounds like $18 or am I reading it wrongly. By the way im sure Ive been to home games before and either have just worked up or purchased a seat for a token amount like $3. Obviously this has changed. Money doesnt worry me at all but its the lining up to get the seat that is the pain.

Cost me 7.50 to reserve a seat on level 3.... Not including the booking fee actually.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So can someone please explain exactly what happens today? I am an AFL member who always sits on level 3. Do I have to pre puchase a ticket today and if yes what price will the ticket be? Sounds like $18 or am I reading it wrongly. By the way im sure Ive been to home games before and either have just worked up or purchased a seat for a token amount like $3. Obviously this has changed. Money doesnt worry me at all but its the lining up to get the seat that is the pain.

Cost me 7.50 to reserve a seat on level 3.... Not including the booking fee actually.

Thanks spinner. I take it you have to reserve?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Thanks spinner. I take it you have to reserve?
I thought so but who knows!