Compare

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Compare

Our coach and his temperament and that of the sour old Carlton coach.

Tell me, who would you want to play for?

What a sour dinosaur of a coach :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Compare

More interested in comparing our coach now with the numbskull of the last two years. Given the state of the list at the time, it may not have made such a great difference. But it will in the future.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

And the sour old fool puts Judd in the team ten on 5 minutes before three quarter time and he pulls a hammy.

Rushed back in by a desperate old fool

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Oh well.

Stuff happens.

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:And the sour old fool puts Judd in the team ten on 5 minutes before three quarter time and he pulls a hammy.

Rushed back in by a desperate old fool
Maltshake probably has dementia.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Darth Vader
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Our coach and his temperament and that of the sour old Carlton coach.

Tell me, who would you want to play for?

What a sour dinosaur of a coach :roll:
Interesting point. Heard Richo interviewed on radio today (3AW I think) and they were asking him about his demeanour in the coaches box. Richo said he liked to stay calm because one of the benefits of a calm environment was that it encouraged his assistant coaches to pipe up with their suggestions and he wanted all the help he could get.

The radio guys were wondering if there was a coach Richo had been an assistant to who went crazy in the box so put him off throwing in his ideas. Clear implication was Mick Malthouse given Richo's known history of falling out with Mick and having left 2 clubs because he couldn't work with him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Judd and Franklin will go down in history as the most over-paid transfers in AFL history.
Scully is no good but at least he plays most weeks.
Franklin won't play for 6 years of his contract and Judd has barely played for 3 of his.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Judd and Franklin will go down in history as the most over-paid transfers in AFL history.
Scully is no good but at least he plays most weeks.
Franklin won't play for 6 years of his contract and Judd has barely played for 3 of his.

Con you really have some long term memory issues. Saying Scully is no good plays every week, well I would say Judd is a champ and played most weeks in the early part and won a brownlow with them and earns a huge amount less than Scully. Franklin is 5 games into another career. Scully is clearly a worse trade than Judd and by a huge margin. Far to early to call Franklin. To prove how stupid the Judd comment was as far as games are concerned, he has played about 10 games more than lenny in the same period he has been at carlton. he has missed about 12 games in 6 and a bit seasons.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Not far to early to call Franklin , he will not play 10 more years pure and simple !

PADDLEPOP1000
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Not far to early to call Franklin , he will not play 10 more years pure and simple !

No he wont obviously but can you tell me what the salary cap will be in 9 years, it isnt 10, because if his wage is bugger all percentage of the salary cap then it wont matter if he isnt playing. 5 games in is far to to early to say its the most overpaid transfer in history especially as there were guys in the 80's having transfers for 300K back than. Gary Shaw for example and then there is Scully who could have them all covered.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:More interested in comparing our coach now with the numbskull of the last two years. Given the state of the list at the time, it may not have made such a great difference. But it will in the future.

I don't think Watters knew what he was doing buy at least he put games into guys like Saunders, newnes and Webster who are now reaping benefits. If we had just played out the list we had we probably would be in the same place we were 2 years ago and needing to start from 0.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
perfectionist wrote:More interested in comparing our coach now with the numbskull of the last two years. Given the state of the list at the time, it may not have made such a great difference. But it will in the future.

I don't think Watters knew what he was doing buy at least he put games into guys like Saunders, newnes and Webster who are now reaping benefits. If we had just played out the list we had we probably would be in the same place we were 2 years ago and needing to start from 0.

Well I doubt he had much choice. Who else could have played if the young guys didnt?