Observations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Observations

I still miss Plugger and Rice.

Also miss G-Train

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Dal is a gun
I'm not missing him as it's our ferocity which is exciting me at the moment and that was not Dals wheel house

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Dal is a gun
I'm not missing him as it's our ferocity which is exciting me at the moment and that was not Dals wheel house
Fair Enough.

Maybe we have a new Dal in one of the youngens we have.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Coaching panel deserve accolades. The match ups and team selection were first rate.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I still miss Plugger and Rice.

Also miss G-Train
I miss G Train too…
Miss Cuz and Banger as well

Milne
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Loved the effort again. Webster burnt Jetta off which was great to see.
It was great to hear the excitement of all the Bombers fans when they saw Jetta just had to race someone to the goal square, and that collective sigh of disappointment when Jimmy beat him.
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me at what point in the game this was? I remember it during the game and would love to see it again!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Loved the effort again. Webster burnt Jetta off which was great to see.
It was great to hear the excitement of all the Bombers fans when they saw Jetta just had to race someone to the goal square, and that collective sigh of disappointment when Jimmy beat him.
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me at what point in the game this was? I remember it during the game and would love to see it again!
Think it was in the first quarter

Lance or James??

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
fingers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Just on Ross. I've been a massive fan and have believed he has the talent to be a genuine A grader with his ball winning ability very good. But last night, admittedly from the small sample I saw, pace is really going to be an issue. The interchange cap and lesser stoppages won't do him any favours. His overall movement and running patterns looked awful. No spread whatsoever. I hope I'm wrong and he makes it but I'm starting to get concerned that he will be caught in between a VFL and AFL player. Prove me wrong Seb.

There was a moment where he was spent in the chase....he'd only been on for a few minutes which was a worry. I didn't see the efforts leading up to it so maybe he was genuinely out of gas.
Yeah saw that and was a bit concerned, but a minute or so later, just near the end of the game, got free in the middle and presented a good target for marking and taking the gas out of the Injectors.

Body language never looks good with Seb, maybe he will take a bit longer to develop a tank. I remember opinions saying Jobe Watson would never make it as a footballer because of no tank. Could be a while before Seb Ross can run out a game

true. Like I said I didn't see his effort leading up to it so may have used his tickets.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Webster footrace with Jett was in the second quarter with about 16:30 on the clock

Jetta started behind Webster in the centre square (at about CHB) but got the drop o Webster and took off, but the time Webster turned he was level with Jetta, reeled him in and was about three metres ahead of him when he got to the ball.

He is very quick once he gets going.

Lance or James??

Milne
Club Player

Found it, second quarter.

PJ
SS Life Member

Just on a Dal - a crows mate of mine said that Dal just looks weird in the kangas jumper, have to agree.

Saints players after the game were as pumped as I've seen them in some time. They were buzzing going into the rooms to start the club song and then there was some confusion as to who was going to do Milney's old job in the song. It stalled for a bit but then they picked it up- very funny. We need a cheeky rascal to stand up here.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

maverick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I still miss Plugger and Rice.

Also miss G-Train
I miss G Train too…
Miss Cuz and Banger as well
2004 is one of my fav seasons... Frasier really made our footy fun and unpredictable... he made crazy leads kicked bags and was never shy to get into some biff. we came from no ware that year to just about hit the pinnacle. if we had beaten Port we would have been premiers that year. :(

I also miss Aaron Hamil Steven M, and Harvey

** I really wish Milne went around one more time... we're missing him a lot this year in the park.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Richter
SS Life Member

The young guys are intense when they don't have the ball and that's what I loved most.
Also out-wrestled Watson (though he probably interfered illegally with the marking contest!) and played in Rooey for his last goal. Webster is a chance at being an 'A' grader.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...