New Saints Blog

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dascman
Club Player

New Saints Blog

Hey guys,

I don't post much around here anymore, but I'm a pretty regular reader of the forum and am obviously a really big Saints supporter.

Anyway, I just want to spread the word about a new Saints blog that I'm editing. It's called The Wobbly Point and can be found here: http://www.thewobblypoint.com.au

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wobb ... 7643877935
Twitter: @thewobblypoint

The blog forms part of a new website called FansUnite, which is basically a community of blogs - there's one blog for each of the 59 clubs in Australia's main sporting codes, all of which are run by fans and exclusively feature fan-generated content. FansUnite is based on similar websites in the US like SB Nation and Bleacher Report, if you're familiar with those. it's a new initiative in Australia but it should take off given this sports-mad society.

Please like/get around the blog on Facebook/Twitter, or alternatively, if anybody would like to contribute content, pitch story ideas or simply comment on the articles I've already posted, please sign up and shoot me a message. I'm mainly after short-form pieces (200-300 words), although they can be longer if they're more analysis-based. Articles will be published with YOUR BYLINE. Much like a forum but with a more journalistic twist, the idea is to generate discussion and bring a community of fans together. Given that all content will be written by fans, the blog has a license to be critical (constructively).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Go Saints! :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: New Saints Blog

Congrats. Looks great. Hope it goes well.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

While we're on the point of plugging Saints blogs...

I write for http://www.redwhiteandblack.com.au which dedicates itself to Saints match previews, match reviews and various things in between. Please check it out.

Our Saints v Lions preview:

Twitter: @RWBFooty

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Hi Dascman,

I had a very brief cursory look and it looks like it good be worth a deeper read and plan to when time permits.

Hey just a question, how do you get around license and copyright issues as I see you are displaying propriety images from the AFL and other sporting codes.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Perhaps P66 will move across

dascman
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Hi Dascman,

I had a very brief cursory look and it looks like it good be worth a deeper read and plan to when time permits.

Hey just a question, how do you get around license and copyright issues as I see you are displaying propriety images from the AFL and other sporting codes.
Cairnsman, Getty Images is an official partner of FansUnite, so we have full access to the Getty Images bank of images. But we have no other affiliation with the major sporting codes - as such, we cannot use team names in the blog names or blog logos etc.

My match report from last night can be found here: http://www.thewobblypoint.com.au/2014/0 ... f-an-upset

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the links, some alternate sites to visit although this place should improve for at least the next month :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?