Hit outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hit outs

BigMart wrote:Do you think it's to you? Spinner?

Players in the other position (esp mids) don't get anywhere unless they are good footballers.

Ruckmen do, because of their height. Which is ok if they know how to use it to be a good footballer?

But many are just tall blokes on a list.
Yeah I do.

Just follow the rules of the forum and press the quote button.

Not sure what you are trying to prove.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

There's a reason you're not sure Spinner

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Speaking of Hickey, (in Pluggers post), when is the big fella back?

We sure have gone backwards without his skills, rucking ability, nullifying effect on the opposition ruckman, and most importantly another avenue to goal, which we have sorely lacked.

Longer will be good, but Hickey is the man for the next couple of seasons. An exciting prospect and his dominance of Mumford in R2 only shows he will be mixing it constantly with the big boys in the not too distant future.

You are garbage - Enough said
james rose
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Do you think it's to you? Spinner?

Players in the other position (esp mids) don't get anywhere unless they are good footballers.

Ruckmen do, because of their height. Which is ok if they know how to use it to be a good footballer?

But many are just tall blokes on a list.
As a ruckman I take offense.

Small blokes have roughly 17 spots they can play in a 22, us tall blokes have exactly 6 (Ruck, FF, CHF, CHB and FB) and less if we lack pace (rules out FB and CHB)

Yes some smaller blokes think talls have an easier time getting games...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:There's a reason you're not sure Spinner
Yes, because you don't quote.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes Bunk

Hickey did a great job nullifying

In 5 games
12ppg
25.3 HO
3.6 t
0.6 goals

His opponents
14.2 ppg
36.8 HO
0.8 Goals
5.2 t

Maybe think before you type?

Longer
8.2 ppg
29.4 HO
0.0 goals
3.6 t

His opponents
14.2ppg
31.6 HO
0.2 goals
3.0 t

Hickey ATM is a better Ruckman... As he should be, but can you suggest which number 1 Ruckman at other clubs Hickey is better than?

Oh, and the use of the term big fella, is usually left for big fellas...hickey is a stick... Mumford is a big fella

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BM
Just to confirm your belief McEvoy is a champion and future captain and will win a flag at Hawks and be hailed a champion.

Im not forgetting it and IM not letting you sneakliy scale it down to just saying hes ok.

You were adamant and crystal clear that he was a champion player.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Hickey has a hand span of 25cm.
Thats enormous.
Does anyone know Stewie's hand span? Out of interest?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he should do what Stewie did then... And take a few marks... Of the contested variety? Stewie was 106kg at 193cm though... In comparison Hickey is 94kg and 201cm.
Con do you know of another Ruckman in the AFL under 100kg? If there is/was they'd want to be a skilled and athletic talent?

McEvoy will be unlikely to Capt the Hawks, but if not already will be in their leadership group.... But would have been a likely StK captain.

He will play in a Hawthorn Premiership this season or next

He is a lock as a solid 200 game Ruckman

Please reference where I said he'd be a champion. He's exactly what they needed and will have a good career as he would have done at stk. Are you arguing that?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Maybe he should do what Stewie did then... And take a few marks... Of the contested variety? Stewie was 106kg at 193cm though... In comparison Hickey is 94kg and 201cm.
Con do you know of another Ruckman in the AFL under 100kg? If there is/was they'd want to be a skilled and athletic talent?

McEvoy will be unlikely to Capt the Hawks, but if not already will be in their leadership group.... But would have been a likely StK captain.

He will play in a Hawthorn Premiership this season or next

He is a lock as a solid 200 game Ruckman

Please reference where I said he'd be a champion. He's exactly what they needed and will have a good career as he would have done at stk. Are you arguing that?

He will play in a premiership this year or next. How can anyone make such a definitive statement like that. You said Lenny Hayes will retire in 2012. He may still play in 2015. Why couldnt you just say he may play in a premiership in the next couple of years? And i have no idea why you again had to knock Hickey. Con just stated a fact and asked a simple question. It is very boring you continually bagging one of OUR players. You know the side you say you follow. Its friggin boring. Get it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ahh,

Back to your old tricks old boy.

Bringing in unrelated stuff, from old threads, desperate nasty attempts to for whatever reason attack credibility.

Why can't I make a statement? I believe Hawthorn will win a flag in the next two seasons, do you?

Lenny may play on, he may not?
Whether he does (as it was in 2012) he will hopefully do what will be the right thing for the team? Many players can choose to hang on for a bit longer, some step aside and allow others to take over?
You've mentioned we are no better or worse off by letting go the two big stars?
Question, from a team point of view. Are we better off since 2012 that Lenny decided to play on?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ahh,

Back to your old tricks old boy.

Bringing in unrelated stuff, from old threads, desperate nasty attempts to for whatever reason attack credibility.

Why can't I make a statement? I believe Hawthorn will win a flag in the next two seasons, do you?

Lenny may play on, he may not?
Whether he does (as it was in 2012) he will hopefully do what will be the right thing for the team? Many players can choose to hang on for a bit longer, some step aside and allow others to take over?
You've mentioned we are no better or worse off by letting go the two big stars?
Question, from a team point of view. Are we better off since 2012 that Lenny decided to play on?

I brought it up because it was completely relevant. You make definitive statements just to cause trouble. I pointed out why people should take no notice of your definitive statements and used an example to prove that you get things wrong.

I certainly think the Hawks could win a flag but I would never be arrogant enough to say they will win it. Are we better that Lenny decided to play on. No obviously not but in the future the younger players may have learnt to be better players because he did decide to play on. If you continue to post just to knock the club and players I will continue to bring up relevant old posts to prove that you get things wrong just like everyone else including our club.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Apparently Hickey has a hand span of 25cm.
Thats enormous.
Dont know but Hickey is a very good young ruckman and a great pickup by our Saints.

Notice how poorly we have gone without him? No co-incidence.

Hickey is a hugely exciting prospect

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Apparently Hickey has a hand span of 25cm.
Thats enormous.
Dont know but Hickey is a very good young ruckman and a great pickup by our Saints.

Notice how poorly we have gone without him? No co-incidence.

Hickey is a hugely exciting prospect

He was going very well. I wonder if it is a coincidence or he was providing more than Longer. The more i see of both though I cant see how both will ever work together. Its an interesting decision that the club will have to make probably at the end of next season.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Agreed,

Hickey is the exact reason for a down turn in form?

Because he was playing then... Maybe Maister? He was in the side then?

Not to mention any other of the other players who are now on short or LTIs since that time?
Armo, Geary, Eli, Gilbert, Schnieder, Wright, Gwilt,

Or then poorer form of
Curran, Saunders, Jones, Webster, Schnieder,

I too reckon Tom is the difference
He was on AA numbers before getting injured!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Agreed,

Not to mention any other of the other players who are now on short or LTIs since that time?

Or then poorer form of

I dont think he had AA numbers. Is there any point to that post than to just start further arguements? Forgetting hitouts which you dont rate you do realise Longer hasnt taken a mark in 2 weeks and has had one kick and 11 handballs. maybe we are missing Hickey more than you obviously think. I have used facts on the stats. Those stats arent opinions.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Agreed,

Or then poorer form of

I dont think he had AA numbers. Is there any point to that post than to just start further arguements? Forgetting hitouts which you dont rate you do realise Longer hasnt taken a mark in 2 weeks and has had one kick and 11 handballs. maybe we are missing Hickey more than you obviously think. I have used facts on the stats. Those stats arent opinions.
Yes you are correct, we are missing the presence of Hickey badly. He was a real find before his injury, and as you correctly point out Longer is not up to it just at the moment.

When is he back? Cant be soon enough

noob
Club Player

So far Hickey is miles in front of Longer.