Sell out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

Sell out?

So... apparently the game in Hobart this week is a sell out?! I'm a Tasmanian and I'm shocked...
a) I didn't think North had a particularly large support base down here
b) We're travelling so poorly I'm surprised it's not just a "meh" game.

So... does anyone happen to have 3 tickets that they don't want, that they would like to sell me? I was planning on taking a mate and my son, but didn't get tickets in time... :(

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
santazzi
Club Player

Re: Sell out?

It was sold out for quite some time. I missed out too. I was staggered about the sell out when I went in to purchase a few tickets about a week a go. Now I know why. The whole stadium is not sold out. Due to redevelopment the capacity of the stadium is reduced to about 11,000.

saintmont
Club Player

I will be there to I saw them against Carlton I hope there ball skill are better this week. And could some -one when 45 metres out why do they try and pass the ball instead of having a shot at goal.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

santazzi wrote:It was sold out for quite some time. I missed out too. I was staggered about the sell out when I went in to purchase a few tickets about a week a go. Now I know why. The whole stadium is not sold out. Due to redevelopment the capacity of the stadium is reduced to about 11,000.
:shock:

So, we need 11,000 capacity to host an AFL game?

Pluggs was right. No way we'd ever get 11,000 people into the Junction Oval...

:wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tassie Saint wrote:So... apparently the game in Hobart this week is a sell out?! I'm a Tasmanian and I'm shocked...

So... does anyone happen to have 3 tickets that they don't want, that they would like to sell me? I was planning on taking a mate and my son, but didn't get tickets in time... :(
No offense, but you're not the brightest spark in the cupboard being a Taswegian and unaware of the reduced capacity until now lol!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
santazzi
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Tassie Saint wrote:So... apparently the game in Hobart this week is a sell out?! I'm a Tasmanian and I'm shocked...

No offense, but you're not the brightest spark in the cupboard being a Taswegian and unaware of the reduced capacity until now lol!
Point taken SP. Your "wondering about smarts" apples to me s well!!!!

santazzi
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
santazzi wrote:It was sold out for quite some time. I missed out too. I was staggered about the sell out when I went in to purchase a few tickets about a week a go. Now I know why. The whole stadium is not sold out. Due to redevelopment the capacity of the stadium is reduced to about 11,000.
:shock:

So, we need 11,000 capacity to host an AFL game?

Pluggs was right. No way we'd ever get 11,000 people into the Junction Oval...

Worry not about the crowd size when you are a smart enough team to play in Tassie...the State takes care of your bank balance!!!!By the way was there a team in recent memory who failed to mine the gold glittering in Tassie treasury???

:wink:

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

saintspremiers wrote:

Indeed... I can but offer 2 excuses:
The North West Coast is a looooooong way from Hobart, and I have enough on my plate to be thinking about without worrying about the capacity of the stadium in the South

But even if I had known about the reduced capacity, I still would have thought we would be pushing to get that many there! :oops: :oops:

Ah well, my boy took the news well...

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tassie Saint wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Indeed... I can but offer 2 excuses:
The North West Coast is a looooooong way from Hobart, and I have enough on my plate to be thinking about without worrying about the capacity of the stadium in the South

But even if I had known about the reduced capacity, I still would have thought we would be pushing to get that many there! :oops: :oops:

Ah well, my boy took the news well...
You'll get a seat. I'll send a message on a closed FB site for travelling saints if you like that may get you a few seats. Also try calling the club. Be a shame for any Tassie saints to miss out.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Tassie Saint
Club Player

If you'd be willing and able to do that , I'd be ever so grateful! Let me know how you get on... thanks mate!

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Saint Mick
Club Player

Might be worth trying North to see if they have any tickets available. I booked flights from Sydney without looking at the ticket situation - the only way I could get in was to become a North member for $50. Not ideal but better than flying to Hobart to spend the day at the pub.