Go Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Go Brisbane

Percentage boosting win - keep that pick one at the saints

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Brisbane

GWS are our biggest threat for pick 1 IMO. Looks like Lions will win and I expect us to win maybe one more and Melbourne maybe 2 more. Not sure the Giants have another win in them. Only chance against Melbourne possibly. Lions also play Melbourne before the end of the year.

Ridiculous.

I can't believe some supporters are barracking for another spoon. As p66 said when was the last time the first pick got the best player. Not since Roo.

When you start from the bottom the only way to go is up.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Go saints

God_Nel
Club Player

Gee, this bloke is a fantastic kick, does anyone know where he came from? ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-07-26/ ... ster-roost

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

God_Nel wrote:Gee, this bloke is a fantastic kick, does anyone know where he came from? ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-07-26/ ... ster-roost
not much else. He's a bit slow and turns like the Queen Mary

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WOODEN SPOON? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........?????????? NO PHUCKING WAY!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Griggsy
SS Life Member

If stars align, Melbourne beat Brisbane and GWS beat Melbourne and we are bottom by a game again. Meaning we can win 1 more game this year which would be nice, be happy beating the dogs just to stick it to their rebuild.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Spatchcock wrote:Ridiculous.

I can't believe some supporters are barracking for another spoon. As p66 said when was the last time the first pick got the best player. Not since Roo.
+ 1

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WHO in their right mind would actually relish another wooden spoon? Are we all really THAT cynical? Well I'll tell you what, don't go having a dig at carlton and melbourne for "tanking" if you're thinking along those lines! I do NOT want the no 1 draft pick. Simple as that.

Spatchcock

Trailing by 100 disposals.

The good news is if Gold Cost are really this bad without GAJ then we are a massive chance next week.

It will probably come down to GWS where we end up finishing.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Spatchcock wrote:Ridiculous.

Who's barracking? Happy to win the remaining 5 if we're good enough. It's called realism. I don't live in Fairyland like many others do. We are favorites atm to come last. Fact.

"If" we finish last I'll be happy to accept pick 1. Supporters will also deserve the excitement after having to sit through many of our performances this year.

BTW I'm way more gutted by our premiership record than I am by our spoon record. Which one bothers you more?

BOTH! But finishing last is destructive in far more ways than a losing GF (IMHO) I'll repeat myself, DO NOT WANT ANOTHER SPOON!

Spatchcock

8856brother wrote:Who's barracking?
The OP for one and most of the bigfooty board form what I read.

Happy to win the remaining 5 if we're good enough. It's called realism. I don't live in Fairyland like many others do. We are favorites atm to come last. Fact.
I'm not in any way an optimist (that's what the Saints eventually do to you) but I'd rather see us performing above expectations. We might be able to snatch a victory from GAJ Coast on their current form as well as one or two others; I'd take winning over picks any day.
"If" we finish last I'll be happy to accept pick 1. Supporters will also deserve the excitement after having to sit through many of our performances this year.
That's the thing, it's a crapshoot whether Petracca or McCartin or anyone else ends up being the best player. The first pick carries enormous baggage around it and if we take the "wrong" player we'll never hear the end of it. Pick 2 is still exciting in a draft with no clear standout.
BTW I'm way more gutted by our premiership record than I am by our spoon record. Which one bothers you more?
Yeah it's pretty depressing but there is no good reason to make it even worse.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dont want a wooden spoon, will be disappointed if we come last.

If that happens, my only solace will be we get pick #1.

Do I actively barrack for the #1? No

Will I accept it if we do happen to come last?

Most certainly

You are garbage - Enough said
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so we must be an even money bet next week given the result today..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Spatchcock wrote:
8856brother wrote:Who's barracking?
The OP for one and most of the bigfooty board form what I read.

Happy to win the remaining 5 if we're good enough. It's called realism. I don't live in Fairyland like many others do. We are favorites atm to come last. Fact.
I'm not in any way an optimist (that's what the Saints eventually do to you) but I'd rather see us performing above expectations. We might be able to snatch a victory from GAJ Coast on their current form as well as one or two others; I'd take winning over picks any day.

That's the thing, it's a crapshoot whether Petracca or McCartin or anyone else ends up being the best player. The first pick carries enormous baggage around it and if we take the "wrong" player we'll never hear the end of it. Pick 2 is still exciting in a draft with no clear standout.
Yeah it's pretty depressing but there is no good reason to make it even worse.
My only concern is seeing a flag before I die. A few more spoons don't concern me.

Just an opinion of course, but perhaps not being too bothered about getting a wooden spoon is one of the factors as to how we've managed to amass so many? My concern is to see a flag before I die too! ( you don't hold the patent on that particular notion mate ) I also want to see us finishing as high on the ladder as we can EVERY season! I fail to see how getting the No.1 draft pick ( via a wooden spoon ) provides the road to a flag. I may be wrong on this of course, but I'm not sure of just how many Premiership winners in the last ten- fifteen years or so, built the win on the back of finishing dead-set last on the ladder. Carlton have picked up, what? Three spoons in the past twelve years , Melbourne a couple, as well as Richmond, I would hardly call any of those clubs Premiership prospects by any stretch of the imagination. Look at the really strong premiers in the last decade, when was their last wooden spoon? I rest my case folks!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I don't want to finish last - in fact I wanted us in the eight (thanks to a sneaky bet) however, if we are considering trading our first rounder for 'fire power' than #1 is much more of a bargaining tools than #2. That being said - I hope that we win all the remaining games, the same way we demolished Freo, and the cards fall around us that we still get the prized pick. If we finish last, but play like last week, it will not be demoralising, the young guys will be hungry for 2015.

Last week we were world beaters, forget that we were on the bottom of the ladder. The boys sang the song like they had just won a final, they liked it, we liked it - THERE WILL BE MORE OF IT IN 2014!!!!!!

BTW - look out 2015 - I am pumped!

BTW - BTW - If we are less than even money next week - it may very well prove costly for the betting agencies - GCS have not won a game since Gary was injured and have looked all at sea. They also have not won a single game from 7 that Gary has not played in, as well as the younger bodies feeling the strain of the long season. WE WILL NEED TO START STRONGLY THOUGH!!!
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sat 26 Jul 2014 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so we must be an even money bet next week given the result today..
Yep. Suns were a rabble in the first qtr, though taking nothing from the Lions. When the deluge hit, the game was over. Suns seem to have lost all system and confidence

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It's an interesting concept is it not? What a dilemma? Wanting to see your team win games, but also pick up a high draft pick! If only we could have BOTH eh? Of course this is the real world, ( as a lot of folk like to keep reminding me :lol: ) and what we want, and what we get are often poles apart! We really can't have it all folks, and me? I want WINS! Finishing dead-set last will be awful as far as I'm concerned. IF it happens, then I'll not be happy, but I'm pragmatic enough to not waste too much time whinging about it. Does this mean I'm "accepting mediocrity" not a chance! However, it's gonna be one hell of a cold day in hell when you hear the old Jiggster barracking for another club to win and therefore consign us to the wooden spoon, and THAT is what the OP is doing, and is why I oppose that thinking! GO SAINTS! ( to hell with the rest! )

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great to see the bastard AFL lovechild team useless without Gaz.

I reckon they will only win one more game this year

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergsone
SS Life Member

NO MORE SPOONS please

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Percentage boosting win - keep that pick one at the saints
I don't want the spoon and the ridicule that goes with it.

I believe the Saints are a big chance to beat the Suns next week.
If the Dees can roll GWS, then GWS would take the spoon....or if Dees lose all remaining games they would get the spoon..
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 26 Jul 2014 10:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Plus ONE jiggster!