Brian Speaking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beekay
SS Life Member

Re: Brian Speaking

I thought he was a Collingwood fan (JC)?

Patton was a Saints fan.

Boyd a Blues fan.

I truly believe this is someone taking the piss, but could you imagine the draw card for members and future trades/F.A if you had Cameron shredding it.. ?

Just on that alone, it'd be worth paying massive overs.

On Armitage, I think he is a B to B+ player, quite often with A+ endeavor. From my armchair, he appears to be king-of-the-lads. Forcing him out the door would leave a fair bit of a sour taste amongst the place, even if you were getting Ablett. That said...

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Old Mate wrote:Brian speaking is involved in APS footy so has some contact with recruiters. He use to flick a few rumours around that eventuated but seems his source or sources have stopped providing him info. He craves attention and regularly states big news via social media but unfortunately nothing he's stating has been true for a couple of years. The guys a bit of an oxygen theif to be honest. I would take this rumour with a grain a salt. Still could be some truth to it but don't get your hopes up.
How many 'forum aliases' set-up their own Twatterface accounts??? :shock:

Have to wonder how this bloke's real world life is going...

PS: If there happens to be a 'Dave McNamara' on Twatterface, then he is an imposter. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

My previous post not withstanding... as often happens when we are linked with a topline player, a few Saintsationalists wonder why a topliner would want to come to the Saintas...

Seriously guys?

We are putting together a young and exciting list. This list will be ready to very very seriously challenge in only a few more seasons... right when most (if not all) of the current contenders will be on the slide down to join the likes of Carlscum and the Tuggers who are stuck in mid table limbo. :idea:

The chance to wear the wonderful tri-panel would be an easy sell to any young player who is capable of even a touch of foresight!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
saint6709
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:My previous post not withstanding... as often happens when we are linked with a topline player, a few Saintsationalists wonder why a topliner would want to come to the Saintas...

Seriously guys?

We are putting together a young and exciting list. This list will be ready to very very seriously challenge in only a few more seasons... right when most (if not all) of the current contenders will be on the slide down to join the likes of Carlscum and the Tuggers who are stuck in mid table limbo. :idea:

The chance to wear the wonderful tri-panel would be an easy sell to any young player who is capable of even a touch of foresight!

I'm with you

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Look at it from GWS perspective.

JC is out of contract at the end of 2015. If the Saints (or Dogs) are bottom next year he can just walk into the draft to a Melbourne club and GWS would get absolutely nothing for him.

If they traded him now they will get a pick 1 for him.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Look at it from GWS perspective.

JC is out of contract at the end of 2015. If the Saints (or Dogs) are bottom next year he can just walk into the draft to a Melbourne club and GWS would get absolutely nothing for him.

If they traded him now they will get a pick 1 for him.
Exactly, they have bargaining power now, will not in 12 months...

Has he cracked the sads because they have been playing him in the backline?
Last edited by dragit on Sat 02 Aug 2014 4:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:If you post enough rumours you will get one right. A couple of things that dont make sense. Firstly it is my opinion that if they lose their best forward then pick one cant get it done and surely GWS would want players before picks. We have one plyer that is tradable and thats Jack. Losing Jack and Lenny would mean Cameron is useless. Secondly pick one cant get it done. And finally does Cameron like pain? Going from a side on the up to a side that hasnt reached the bottom yet.
Yes it is only a rumour with a lot of holes, but our footy season is just starting now - i.e. trading and drafting time.

Still I dont understand your last sentence.Does Delaney, Bruce , Hickey and Longer like pain? Maybe he just wants to play with the Saints.

But apart from that, the rest of what you say is pretty spot on I would think

I dont know if they like pain. Were they wanted by 17 other clubs though. Doubtful. Were they getting a game every week where they were. No.
I guess it has more to do with homesickness for guys up there. I know Jonny Patton's sister and early on there wasn't much to do. They live on a golf club country club in a manufactured suburb and play video games all day. They are isolated and away from family and friends. JC seems a pretty intense sort of character so maybe doesn't want to party every night with the lads. He probably looked at the likely rest of the bottom 4 of Brisbane St kilda and Melbourne and thought we would be the only one likely to have a tradable pick and a desirable list profile. It's probably crap but there are reasons for everything. I would think he would come heavily front loaded to fill some cap space up too.

older saint
SS Life Member

Unless he is dead sett i think we are better playing hard ball and retain our pick. They can keep him next year regardless of his want and therefore try and convince him to go. in 12 months time we could have 2 more top 20 draft pick players in the club with 10+ games experience, another year into Billings, Acres, Dunstan, Newness, Webster, Wright, Templeton, ,
We will have plenty of cap space and can then play hard ball with GWS as i expect a top 4 pick in 2015, trade or he walk pre season draft for nothing.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: How many 'forum aliases' set-up their own Twatterface accounts??? :shock:

I don't know what Twatterface is but why would it be a problem to have the same name on multiple forms of social media?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote: How many 'forum aliases' set-up their own Twatterface accounts??? :shock:

I don't know what Twatterface is but why would it be a problem to have the same name on multiple forms of social media?
You mean like this knob jacket?
https://mobile.twitter.com/dragit7

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

The big unit you are arguing with could use a few of cycles of AOD!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:My previous post not withstanding... as often happens when we are linked with a topline player, a few Saintsationalists wonder why a topliner would want to come to the Saintas...

Seriously guys?

The flaw in your logic is that GWS have already put together a young an existing list. So much so that they cannot actually fit all the young talent that they have stockpilid into the one team.

Whereas the Saints are only still putting together a young list, and have to do it without the HUGE number of low picks that the GWS have had access to.

JC may come to us, but if so, it will not be on the basis of us having a better "young and exiting" list than GWS.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
PJ
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:

Seriously guys?

The flaw in your logic is that GWS have already put together a young an existing list. So much so that they cannot actually fit all the young talent that they have stockpilid into the one team.

Whereas the Saints are only still putting together a young list, and have to do it without the HUGE number of low picks that the GWS have had access to.

JC may come to us, but if so, it will not be on the basis of us having a better "young and exiting" list than GWS.
I think what he's trying to say is a "young and exciting" list that isn't in NSW.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

With GWS personally I think that they are in danger of having too much young talent and not enough older talent.

More young "stars" are not going to help them get up the ladder. If I were them I would be trading their first pick and one of Boyd/ Patton/JC in order to get some talented players experienced layers in their mid twenties.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Hey guys, where is Brian Speakings account on Twitter? Has he deleted it?

https://twitter.com/Brian_Speaking seems to be missing?

thanks in Advance.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
FQF
SS Life Member

SaintWodonga wrote:Hey guys, where is Brian Speakings account on Twitter? Has he deleted it?

https://twitter.com/Brian_Speaking seems to be missing?

thanks in Advance.
Good find, it seems he has. I don't think the world will be any worse off without that twitter account.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He changed his account name.

https://twitter.com/Spoffy_Koala

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Also, I think the initial "scoop" has fallen flat on its arse.

When the info came out about pick #1 to GWS for two players and #3 BS was nowhere to be seen.

You are garbage - Enough said
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by Old Mate on Fri 05 Sep 2014 5:38am, edited 1 time in total.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:If (and it is a mighty big if) he wants to come to the Saints, you would think it would cost us our first dp + something extra - at least.

trading with GWS is apparently not very easy.
Why. Has SOS moved on?

I imagine if he wants to come it will be a swap of our first round pick and if anything on top it will be a Gwilt, Siposs etc. A nominal extra that saves face for them. I he wants out they are better to trade for a very high pick. He did get them an upgrade as he was taken later than top 3 from memory.
they can have gwilt jones and pick one.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Also, I think the initial "scoop" has fallen flat on its arse.

When the info came out about pick #1 to GWS for two players and #3 BS was nowhere to be seen.
Patton's injury may have a bit to do with it.... & before people go off canning Brian, the trade period is a month away & anything can happen still.

& for what it's worth, Brian has been on the money numerous times....I'd rather his occasional inside whisper than the repetitive rubbish that some of the posters who are bagging him carry on with.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Also, I think the initial "scoop" has fallen flat on its arse.

Where is this info? The 2 players and pick 3.... I must have missed it...

evo
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:

Patton's injury may have a bit to do with it.... & before people go off canning Brian, the trade period is a month away & anything can happen still.

& for what it's worth, Brian has been on the money numerous times....I'd rather his occasional inside whisper than the repetitive rubbish that some of the posters who are bagging him carry on with.

He's certainly more accurate than Jaxxons, who many slobbered over on here.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Evo both Jaxons & Brian have proven to be correct on things over time. The fact that they relay things that dont eventuate doesnt mean that the club hasnt attempted to work the trade. Some things dont eventuate for a number of reasons but lets not 'hang them' on the odd whisper that doesnt come to fruition!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!