RYAN GRIFFIN WANTS OUT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

amusingname
Club Player

Re: RYAN GRIFFIN WANTS OUT

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:This makes the the Bulldogs football club look like fools and a rabble, upsets supporters and sponsors, and put pressure back on the coach.

Why would the club do this deliberately?

Also if it was the WB idea how would the conversation had gone with Griffin. Would it be we want you to go to GWS in Sydney even though you are captain of our club. By the way you will get less money and also we will say it was all your idea and you can cop all the heat. Yep im sure Griffin would jump at that. Of course he wanted to go.

Pretty simple really the WB go to Griffen tell they understand there is a huge offer on the table from GWS and if he wanted to go they wouldnt stand in his way. Please let us know so we can hit GWS for a young key forward or a top 4 pick to get White or McCARTIN.
The problem is that it is reported that he will be getting less money at GWS, so its not about a huge offer being on the table. GWS don't have huge money to throw around at the moment anyway as they are looking to secure as many young players as possible, so they know they will be paying overs very shortly for them.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:This makes the the Bulldogs football club look like fools and a rabble, upsets supporters and sponsors, and put pressure back on the coach.

Also if it was the WB idea how would the conversation had gone with Griffin. Would it be we want you to go to GWS in Sydney even though you are captain of our club. By the way you will get less money and also we will say it was all your idea and you can cop all the heat. Yep im sure Griffin would jump at that. Of course he wanted to go.

Pretty simple really the WB go to Griffen tell they understand there is a huge offer on the table from GWS and if he wanted to go they wouldnt stand in his way. Please let us know so we can hit GWS for a young key forward or a top 4 pick to get White or McCARTIN.
So how do you explain the media disaster? Why not just hold a joint press conference?
So they both agreed to it - then proceeded to attack each other publicly?
And the "huge" offer from GWS is reportedly less money.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Still illogical. The offer is less than he gets at the WB and you should also hear all the crap he is copping on SEN for being a sook. Yep that's logical he would agree to all of that. Curly just admit you are 100% wrong and its illogical. No one will care but to keep carrying on makes you look silly.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Lol yes of course the GWS offer is less. You blokes believe anything. Griffen was mentioned as a possible trade weeks ago on SEN. Goddard copped plenty on SEN for leaving and we got rid of him.
Last edited by CURLY on Fri 10 Oct 2014 9:49am, edited 1 time in total.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Lol yes of course the GWS offer is less. You blokes believe anything. Griffen was mentioned as a possible trade weeks ago on SEN.

So that's how you get out of a stupid statement. You honestly Griffin was told to go but was also told to say it was his idea so that he cops all the flack about being disloyal to the club. Yep that makes 100% no sense.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Griffen for 4 would be great business ..... For the Dogs!!

I hope he stays

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Lol yes of course the GWS offer is less. You blokes believe anything. Griffen was mentioned as a possible trade weeks ago on SEN.

So that's how you get out of a stupid statement. You honestly Griffin was told to go but was also told to say it was his idea so that he cops all the flack about being disloyal to the club. Yep that makes 100% no sense.
Why would he care he has a contract in front of him and the WB will get well looked after.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would he care he has a contract in front of him and the WB will get well looked after.

What a great answer. Why would he agree to that? You are 100% wrong as every single person has suggested. The WB will get great compensation but it wasn't slightly their idea for him to go. He wanted out. That is fact. As I have said you can keep saying what you are saying but you are still 100% wrong. Not even close. Sillier by the post. As someone else said why wouldn't they have a joint press conference if you were even close to being right. I await another illogical answer. And by the way he is getting less money at GWS.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What a great answer. Why would he agree to that? You are 100% wrong as every single person has suggested. The WB will get great compensation but it wasn't slightly their idea for him to go. He wanted out. That is fact. As I have said you can keep saying what you are saying but you are still 100% wrong. Not even close. Sillier by the post. As someone else said why wouldn't they have a joint press conference if you were even close to being right. I await another illogical answer. And by the way he is getting less money at GWS.

You dont know what went on p66 so please dont claim you do. The noise out of WB only suggest to me further they are happy for him to go and no effort is being made to keep him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You dont know what went on p66 so please dont claim you do. The noise out of WB only suggest to me further they are happy for him to go and no effort is being made to keep him.

Played golf with Jackson McCrae dad yesterday arvo so I have a fair idea. Your comments are turning a bit but you are completely wrong to suggest the WB wanted him out. Once he has left then they realised it could be good for them. They had 100% nothing to do with him leaving and to suggest he has a contract and doesn't care what is said about him is completely ridiculous.

Megsie
Club Player

SOOK

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Played golf with Jackson McCrae dad yesterday arvo so I have a fair idea. Your comments are turning a bit but you are completely wrong to suggest the WB wanted him out. Once he has left then they realised it could be good for them. They had 100% nothing to do with him leaving and to suggest he has a contract and doesn't care what is said about him is completely ridiculous.

When was the group press conferance when Goddard left? I played golf with Lindsy Gilbee a week ago and he told me the WB would trade a big name. Guess hes a lier.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Anyone hear Cam Mooney (Flog, but also Dogs Development Coach) on trade radio late yesterday arvo???

Pretty straight forward. Said GWS offer had been on the table for months. Also said Cooney was gone. Basically told them both to get their hat and coat and get the **** out.

No doubt they'll replay it 50 times today!!!
I think somebody didn't read this post.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Word is coach has been sacked

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When was the group press conferance when Goddard left? I played golf with Lindsy Gilbee a week ago and he told me the WB would trade a big name. Guess hes a lier.
BJ left under FA. Completely different but expected. I think Gilbee told you the truth for sure. Cooney won a brownlow and is leaving because he wasn't wanted. Now the coach is leaving because Griffin wanted out because of him.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The coach is more likely out as he suggested they trade Griffen.

Ajantis
Club Player

Macca is about to resign - latest whisper

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:The coach is more likely out as he suggested they trade Griffen.

Laughable. Got to go now. Have one last silly comment to justify your illogical thinking that Griffin would take all the heat for something the club did. Seriously illogical.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't you say it was the clubs idea and they all agreed to it? lol.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Played golf with Jackson McCrae dad yesterday arvo so I have a fair idea. Your comments are turning a bit but you are completely wrong to suggest the WB wanted him out. Once he has left then they realised it could be good for them. They had 100% nothing to do with him leaving and to suggest he has a contract and doesn't care what is said about him is completely ridiculous.
C'mon Plug enough with the posturing - you insinuate you what happened but you stop short of spilling the beans

Nothing worse than a "You are wrong as 'I know more than you but I'm not going to tell type of dick"

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Fidelis
Club Player

Bulldogs presser 11.30am

Faithful Even Unto Death
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
Didn't you say it was the clubs idea and they all agreed to it? lol.

Coach and coaching committee make a desision that the President and board dont like. Holy s*** thats never happened. :shock:

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I'd love to know the 100% truth about how close we were from facing this exact situation 12 months ago.....

The rumours of Roo being courted by the Filth last year, whether it was Fat Eddie s*** stiring, or Roo using a bit of leverage to get Watters out, but I look forward to Roo's book once he pulls the pin.

Saints43
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Just read its more about his desire to escape the rat race, and be obscure.
Is there a more obscure job than being the captain of the Western Bulldogs?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:I'd love to know the 100% truth about how close we were from facing this exact situation 12 months ago.....

The rumours of Roo being courted by the Filth last year, whether it was Fat Eddie s*** stiring, or Roo using a bit of leverage to get Watters out, but I look forward to Roo's book once he pulls the pin.
Not anywhere near this situation. Players, admin, coaches, fitness staff - ALL would have left if Watters stayed.

You are garbage - Enough said