Membrey - Goodwill gesture by the Sydney Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Membrey - Goodwill gesture by the Sydney Swans

stinger wrote:
St Ick wrote:Remboy, what the? Of course we will use pick 41, there will be very very good players taken right up to 55odd this draft is pretty deep.

Interesting though, that there are only 65 live selections this year, without the usual 'passes'. So it will depend on which club has any interest in the PSD, if no one has list spots, then we wouldn't bother but there could be some players like Webb who could slip, he could be this years Eli and we might want to delist/pick up Simpkin to ensure we get him.

Keeping in mind we do have pick one in the rookie draft, but any team can jump ahead of us by delisting if they want a player bad enough.

A team like Essendon could try to do what I'm saying who only have two picks and their last is at 20, if they really really rate a kid but don't have the late selection for him, nothing is stopping them from delisting someone, picking up the kid in the PSD then the delisted player in the rookie draft. That way they jump ahead of our rookie draft pick one selection.

Getting Membrey for nothing is handy, remember Rockliff was a PSD pick so it could be handy having an open pick there. Unlikely, very unlikely we will use it - but it's there for us
where did you get the idea that there are only 65 live draft picks....?
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-01/liv ... -for-draft

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
stinger wrote:
St Ick wrote:Remboy, what the? Of course we will use pick 41, there will be very very good players taken right up to 55odd this draft is pretty deep.

Interesting though, that there are only 65 live selections this year, without the usual 'passes'. So it will depend on which club has any interest in the PSD, if no one has list spots, then we wouldn't bother but there could be some players like Webb who could slip, he could be this years Eli and we might want to delist/pick up Simpkin to ensure we get him.

Keeping in mind we do have pick one in the rookie draft, but any team can jump ahead of us by delisting if they want a player bad enough.

A team like Essendon could try to do what I'm saying who only have two picks and their last is at 20, if they really really rate a kid but don't have the late selection for him, nothing is stopping them from delisting someone, picking up the kid in the PSD then the delisted player in the rookie draft. That way they jump ahead of our rookie draft pick one selection.

Getting Membrey for nothing is handy, remember Rockliff was a PSD pick so it could be handy having an open pick there. Unlikely, very unlikely we will use it - but it's there for us
What's the deal with these effing academy's?
The Swines will pick 3 from theirs and get Isaac a number 1 pick for nothing.

Why doesn't the AFL run state based academy's and throw everyone into the draft - bar maybe the Father-Son bidding process?

Makes a mockery ofthe draft process!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Swans will get another superstar mid next year from their academy - one who could be better than Heeney - name escapes me but is a another top 5 on talent, Mills is it?

Not to mention Dunkley father son. They basically wont have to worry about live picks in two successive drafts.

Strength through Loyalty
chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Swans will get another superstar mid next year from their academy - one who could be better than Heeney - name escapes me but is a another top 5 on talent, Mills is it?

Not to mention Dunkley father son. They basically wont have to worry about live picks in two successive drafts.
Correct

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
stinger wrote:

i suspect that there are more now that final lists are in for 1 november

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
St Ick wrote:
stinger wrote:

i suspect that there are more now that final lists are in for 1 november
Hmm, not sure that's true, a few other factors involved like teams picking up DFAs but we are nit picking about something which holds zero importance

Strength through Loyalty
luc1966
Club Player

Has this been made official yet?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:Has this been made official yet?
Yep

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-31/membrey-now-a-saint

luc1966
Club Player

Yeah I have seen that article but even in the afl page of the list lodgements today he isn't on there

dragit
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:Yeah I have seen that article but even in the afl page of the list lodgements today he isn't on there
Second list lodgement is November 13, the article says he will officially join us on Saturday when the de-listed free agent period begins, it may not be updated on the AFL site yet but I think you can safely say he is officially now a saint.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
luc1966 wrote:Yeah I have seen that article but even in the afl page of the list lodgements today he isn't on there
Second list lodgement is November 13, the article says he will officially join us on Saturday when the de-listed free agent period begins, it may not be updated on the AFL site yet but I think you can safely say he is officially now a saint.

But why would anyone want to join the Saints especially from a team that is likely to win a flag in the next couple of season.....

at least this is the line I got from some typical trolls when I posted the out of contract GC players....

Wouldn't Membrey be a perfect example of WHY some players would want to move from a "successful" club?

You are garbage - Enough said
Beekay
SS Life Member

If Membrey nominated for the National Draft and was happy to play anywhere, what sort of selection ya reckon he'd go at?

Slid in his draft, going by self-appointed online experts..

Billings, Murdoch* and Membrey, all clicking with aggressive attack and lethal kicks around goal.

*Needs confidence

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Beekay wrote:If Membrey nominated for the National Draft and was happy to play anywhere, what sort of selection ya reckon he'd go at?

Billings, Murdoch* and Membrey, all clicking with aggressive attack and lethal kicks around goal.

*Needs confidence
I'm interested in that Beekay - what pick do you think Membrey would go in this years main draft?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Beekay wrote:If Membrey nominated for the National Draft and was happy to play anywhere, what sort of selection ya reckon he'd go at?

*Needs confidence
I'm interested in that Beekay - what pick do you think Membrey would go in this years main draft?
Somewhere between our 41 & the 60 we had I'm guessing.