Dasher Minchington

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Dasher Minchington

I'm not sold. what he does do is generally ok, but doesnt punish the opposition with every touch like a Cyril does and doesn't accumulate the ball enough overall to be a weapon. Probably worth another 1 year contract, but needs to show more and on a consistent basis .

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

9 touches, 0 tackles, subbed off at three-quarter time. Worked hard to kick his goal, which Riewoldt made for him.

I really like a lot of elements of Dasher's game but he's not putting them together at the moment. Yes, feast or famine as a small forward, but in this sort of game where there's uber-flooding, he ends up a long way up the ground and so can have an influence even if he's not kicking goals.

I think he should get another few games this year, but I'm feeling pessimistic that he's going to make it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Probably not good enough. maybe saved because there is already about 5 or 6 who will go ahead of him.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He needs some more games. It was an absolute crush inside the forward 50 all night, due to the Dogs flooding. Hard to make an impact, but he should have made more tackles.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plays mainly mid in VFL why no give him a few games as an out side mid. has pace and a damaging kick on him. if he cant get it going there i be thinking he's no up 2 AFL. but play him where he's showing the most atm.

Fortius Quo Fidelius