Stkilda v GWS ROUND 2 2014

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Stkilda v GWS ROUND 2 2014

Hickey and Templeton were brilliant. Dominated and read the play like guns! I was so excited.

BOGs!! And we looked to have found a 10 year gun ruckman and a 12 year gun half forward.

What happened???

Now they are mediocre VFL players.

#confused and dissapointed

And it was different to when players have a blinder Out of character or easy possies (eg white)
No, these two were awesome in a tight game and looked a level above. I dont get how its changed so much.
Injuries must have halted their confidence maybe?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Stkilda v GWS ROUND 2 2014

One had a horrendous broken arm & wasn't expected to play until late this year.

The other had a number of injury issues that have caused him to lack the fitness required to play top level AFL footy.

Not sure what there is to be confused about. Both are working there way back into fitness & form & now have other players in front of them.

Both will be very good long term players for us IMO. And to call them mediocre VFL players is pretty insulting...both were very good on Sunday.

SMS
Club Player

Good vfl i meant.

But good vfl and dominating afl is a huge difference.

Has the broken arm scarred temples for life?

Will hickeys foot ever be 100% again??

Im worried thats all.
Saw huge potential.
Your right ill stay positive.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Eli's break was a shocker, the scar on the back of his arm from the operation goes from his shoulder to his elbow, it will take him a while to get back some confidence. Hickey was very good in the second half in the VFL, he looked very mobile and took some nice defensive marks. He will be a good ruckman

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Both progressing nicely IMO, I don't have either on our top 10 prospects but I certainly wouldn't be worrying about them just yet.

It's also worth noting that Eli gets a lot of attention in the VFL, more than I would have expected for this stage in his career.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Freebird
Club Player

Hickey is staying in the mix because of the 2nd quarter of that game

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Eli had nerve damage & the prognosis was that it would take most of 2015 for him to get 100% feeling back into his arm. He's significantly ahead of schedule obviously & as Armooo stated, he's also getting tagged in the VFL (which might change now that Sinclair is in the side- hopefully only for a week though!).

He's behind a few at present but we're playing the long game here & will be in his benefit to spend some time at Sandy & develop his midfield/forward game further.

As for Tom, it's been a combo of foot & knee. He moved really well on Sunday & is only a slight injury to Billy away from being back in the ones.