umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: umpiring

Umpiring was terrible all round. Across all games that I saw. Inconsistent and over officiated.
The holding the ball rule has gone too far the other way now. Blokes are being tackled mid air when taking the ball. Clearly no prior opportunity and pinged for not acting like a beached dolphin.
Also, I have seen more than one incident of players not tackled but had an arm knocked forcing the ball to spill free being pinged for holding the ball...I thought a tackle still had to be laid.

It's getting to the point where players will hold back from actually grabbing the footy for fear of being pinged for holding it.

SaintWal
Club Player

Re: umpiring

Life Long Saint wrote:Umpiring was terrible all round. Across all games that I saw. Inconsistent and over officiated.
The holding the ball rule has gone too far the other way now. Blokes are being tackled mid air when taking the ball. Clearly no prior opportunity and pinged for not acting like a beached dolphin.
Also, I have seen more than one incident of players not tackled but had an arm knocked forcing the ball to spill free being pinged for holding the ball...I thought a tackle still had to be laid.

It's getting to the point where players will hold back from actually grabbing the footy for fear of being pinged for holding it.
I am more frustrated by the player allowing a tackle to take them over the line even after loads of time to dispose of the ball prior. While I don't wish to see s last touch scenario as a free kick I think they need to police the deliberate out of bounds from deliberate punches and knock ons