Last month or so..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

Last month or so..

Over the last month or so we may not have won a game but i could not have been happier with the way the club/team have gone about it.

Watching the last month or so from the port game to last nights i could easily say that if we had converted half the chances we would have won all those games maybe barring the freo one when they kicked 7 or so on the trot. Even then going into half time the scoring shots were even but we just couldnt convert.

The effort has been very good with lapses of concentration costing us games (young side which is to be expected). All we need to do in those games it apply scoredboard pressure as well as our field pressure and the other teams would have dropped the bundle with our confidence increasing. The future is looking very bright and with the next few draft and free agency adding in another defender and some outside polish we will be challanging sooner rather than later!

Some of the things that i believe we need to work on besides our skill level is when we are attacking, teams seem to be able to sit back and then slingshot straight away to the other end for a scoring opportunity. Also ive noticed that from opposition kick ins, team seem to be able to get the ball out of the forward 50 fairly easily compared to us. Now that may be due to the younger guys not knowing the positioning or structures but we need to really work on that in the off season. Also delivering the ball into the forward 50 has been poor due to the fact that opposition seem to be clogging it up then actually rebounding it with the slingshot motion that i was eluding to earlier.

All in all i think we have a very very good crop of players with the addition of a few more over the next few draft to go all the way. We just need to tweak a few things with the game plan and a few more pre seasons into the younger guys and look out the mighty saints will be releasing a few more streaking videos :lol: :lol:

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Last month or so..

I am pretty bloody pleased with how the season has panned out. Last night was the perfect result in a lot of ways.
If we end the year with 6 1/2 wins, a % over 80 and pick 5 that is a pretty good outcome considering everyone tipped us for the spoon. We have been competitive with Geelong (9th) and the Roos (8th), who are both playing for finals spots, so we know we are not miles off the pace. The club looks very solid and off field at the moment. Well done.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Last month or so..

This group is coming along fantastically well. They are already playing at a top 6 team for two to three quarters a game.

If we can start making the most out of those periods which we have the momentum we will start really hurting teams

How many games have we been blown out of the water this year's well... The only game that stands out for me was the collingwood game when they were in top form.

Even the games we've list comfortably I've felt we had a lot to take away from, especially the fremantle and Hawthorn games.

If we could come away from our last two games without a 30+ loss that would be another huge tick for this group and their coach.

I would hate to see a belting by West Coast dampen the enthusiasm we should be taking into the off-season.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!