Umps review - no 50 cost Saints the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umps review - no 50 cost Saints the game

Are we forgetting Dawes blatant throw to Cloke for collingwood's last goal in the 2010 final?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote: No idea why Schneider wasn't paid a free. Cant even remember it.
How convenient
plugger66 wrote:Cant remember to many complaints about the umpiring that day apart from the ball hitting the post.
You mean the ball hitting the post going back to the centre and Varcoe getting another goal straight from the clearance. 11 points it cost us.
plugger66 wrote:I'm sure there were a few both ways unless you think the AFL told the umpires to favour Geelong for some illogical reason.
Can you name the 11 point turnaround where the Saints hit the post for a goal and then got a goal from the centre? Illogical. the score was tied deep into the final quarter of the 2009 GF, Schneider goes to get the ball and is blatantly held back by the jumper. The umpire is 5 metres away and calls PLAY ON. Appalling cheating considering Umpire Ryan was a lifelong Geelong supporter.
plugger66 wrote:The other thing that you fail to realise with that one eye closed is there are people like you and Curly on every Fan forum saying the exact same thing and finding decisions that also cost them games even against us.
Exact same thing? So they agree we were cheated out of the 2009 GF and that we get cheated out of most games like on Saturday night? Fair enough, don't read other forums but agree with them.

So even though the umpires have come out and said their blatant incompetence cost us a game of football on Saturday, that's OK by you? Alright then, you like being cheated, fine. But don't expect normal people to enjoy it like you.

Yep convenient because I don't remember it. OK then. Your quoting looks impressive until you read the illogical replies then it is just down right funny.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The 2009 GF when Scarlett Taylor and Harly headlocked held wrestled and blocked Roo all day and never got pinned once. Then Ablett leads and Gilbert is running with him and gets payed a free 25 out directly in front for interference was the worst display of biased umpiring youll see.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What about the one where Bartel tripped Hayes 10 metres out from goal or when Maxwell headlocked Roo only 15 metres out just after Pendlebury threw the ball to Swan.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A question to Curly, Bunk and plugger - if you happened to meet an AFL field ump in person, would you want to speak to them?

I wouldn't. I would try and remove myself so I didn't have to speak to them. That IMO is an indicator of what I think of them.

Just curious.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:A question to Curly, Bunk and plugger - if you happened to meet an AFL field ump in person, would you want to speak to them?

I wouldn't. I would try and remove myself so I didn't have to speak to them. That IMO is an indicator of what I think of them.

Just curious.

I hope you are joking or you have some strange issues. I have spoken to Leigh Fisher many times since he started umpiring. I also worked with 2 AFL umpires and they were great blokes like most people. I reckon most umpires would be like most normal people. Your post suggests more about you than the umpires.

#gosaintas
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:A question to Curly, Bunk and plugger - if you happened to meet an AFL field ump in person, would you want to speak to them?

Just curious.

That's pretty funny really

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

2 of the football shows last night also found the cats player kicking out from a point was over the line-- would have been a ball up and with Jason's reach a hit through for a point would have stood

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote: BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post. And what is your answer apart from whinging just about every week. Does it help the club by you whinging? Does it help you? I will continue to defend the umpires when people say they cheat. If you think that then why would you even bother to watch? And why isn't it front page news? And why does Leigh Fisher agree to this? Its just so illogical.

Why do you think you have a right to tell anyone how to watch a game or react to obvious cheating by the umpires.

You are not the lord of football. I will call the blatant match costing cheating when I see it, and apologists like you cant stop me.

You call it whinging, I call it standing up for my club as a supporter. Maybe you are the one that isn't a good supporter. But it is up to you how you support the club.

Funnily enough I don't enjoy the team I support being cheated out of wins like on the weekend. Maybe it is time for the AFL anti corruption Task Force to start looking at umpire bank accounts.

Whether you like it or not the AFL has a lot of issues relating to the integrity of the competition. They meddle in getting players to other clubs. They were supposedly involved in helping orchestrate Plugger to Sydney and when the Swans got Buddy an article went up on line saying not all his pay will be in the cap because he has a special part of his total player payment outside the cap for interstate promotion. It included reference to it not being the first time it has been used and said both Plugger and Barry hall had special contracts. the article has been taken off line. Then Collis says the AFL are running a bullying campaign and are doing paybacks for embarrassing the Swans. They called up Essendon rather than let the justice system take care of it the way it should have been. They said Melbourne and Adelaide didn't cheat but fined them any way. They are becoming a laughing stock these days. they operate like General Gadaffi.
There is a stink over umpires but apologists will deny it.

I can say what I like as you do. Don't talk crap about that BM. Attacking the man again. Cheating means the AFL is involved. Its illogical and just makes you sound like a complete whinger. That's fine if that is how you would like to be known as. The illogical thing is people think they cheat against us every week. Why would the AFL cheat against us? Illogical rantings. Standing up for your club. That is funny. I'm a great supporter. I haven't said you are good or bad. That is your call but whinging about the umpires on a weekly basis IMO doesn't help you one little bit be a good supporter so hopefully you do other things to make you a good supporter.

We have a guy at our local club who whinges about the umpires every week. He is the laughing stock of the club. Luckily he takes it ok but has no credibility when there is actually a doubtful decision.

Bank accounts. Now that is good humour.

Freebird
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:What a surprise a clear mistake and missed fifty costs us a game. Umpire saw it and chose to ignore it. Wouldnt happen to the big clubs.

So when they admit you aren't happy but yesterday you were complaining they never admit mistakes. I'm pretty sure early in the year Campbell said Cloke should have got some frees in a game. And I'm pretty sure the pies are a big club.
Not against us plugger, cloke did what he wanted to our players and received 4 soft frees at the same time.

Umps hate to admit their mistakes, but that was so bad and we had players everywhere.....umps do have favourites no doubt

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I worked with one of the umpires from the 2009 GF. Great guy.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I umpired footy for a few years, and I promise I never cheated. But I was frequently abused by supporters and accused of taking bribes and cheating. Come to think of it, that happened most weeks, and it was from both lots of supporters. And to be honest, I really didn't care who won.

No, I don't think the umpires cheat...but the MRP and the Tribunal...remember when Barry Hall hit Maguire in the PF?.....reckon they were under instruction from the AFL...

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I worked with one of the umpires from the 2009 GF. Great guy.
The one that missed the free to Adam?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Are we forgetting Dawes blatant throw to Cloke for collingwood's last goal in the 2010 final?
Really? How come none of the papers or commentators picked that up. Do you have any video evidence?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe, but hard to see. 5:17 into the video. Only Dawes would know. Fits into the persona of the profession he's studying.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Watched Geel v Collingwood and Fasolo gets a 50 and everyone on Channel 7 says clear 50 every day of the week for running over the mark.

Well EXCEPT last week.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Watched Geel v Collingwood and Fasolo gets a 50 and everyone on Channel 7 says clear 50 every day of the week for running over the mark.

Well EXCEPT last week.

Saw that you posted last Curly. I was shocked it was on a thread about umpires. Anyway have fun today at the local footy. I'm sure the umpires will dud you there unfortunately.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Just curious.

I hope you are joking or you have some strange issues. I have spoken to Leigh Fisher many times since he started umpiring. I also worked with 2 AFL umpires and they were great blokes like most people. I reckon most umpires would be like most normal people. Your post suggests more about you than the umpires.
Haha strange issues coming from you!
You said you worked with 2 AFL umpires. I was actually referring to things that happened in the past 10 years

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Just curious.

Haha strange issues coming from you!
You said you worked with 2 AFL umpires. I was actually referring to things that happened in the past 10 years

Well ive spoken to Leigh Fisher many times in the last 10 years. Like I said the question says more about you than the umps.

Freebird
Club Player

CURLY wrote:The 2009 GF when Scarlett Taylor and Harly headlocked held wrestled and blocked Roo all day and never got pinned once. Then Ablett leads and Gilbert is running with him and gets payed a free 25 out directly in front for interference was the worst display of biased umpiring youll see.
Curly, just on this I watched when Ablett went down the forward line (punt rd end) The play was not on Geelong's forward line yet but Ablett started pushing Gilbert and everytime Gilbert put a hand on him he threw himself back. I pointed it out to my brother and we watched it happening. Ablett took himself down the forward line to win a free. Eventually the ball come down Ablett lead pulled himself back to indicate "look ump I'm being held". Of couse he received the free and goaled. We were so pssed off.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Watched Geel v Collingwood and Fasolo gets a 50 and everyone on Channel 7 says clear 50 every day of the week for running over the mark.

Well EXCEPT last week.

Saw that you posted last Curly. I was shocked it was on a thread about umpires. Anyway have fun today at the local footy. I'm sure the umpires will dud you there unfortunately.
So instead of addressing the issue of the umpires costing us the game you attack the poster - class

You are garbage - Enough said
The Disch
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Just curious.

I know an AFL umpire and he is a great bloke who loves his footy, women, beer etc just like most of us.
What a ridiculous thing to say saintspremier

ace
Saintsational Legend

We know we clearly won the match but did not get the points.
It would not have improved our position on the ladder but it gives Melbourne a chance to finish ahead of us if they are good enough to beat either Fremantle or GWS.
That would give us a better draft pick.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well EXCEPT last week.

So instead of addressing the issue of the umpires costing us the game you attack the poster - class

Just following your lead or have you forgotten what you posted. I'm unsure I attacked him anyway. And ive given my opinion on the topic. Not my fault you cant remember what I said.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well EXCEPT last week.

Just following your lead or have you forgotten what you posted. I'm unsure I attacked him anyway. And ive given my opinion on the topic. Not my fault you cant remember what I said.
You're famous

You are garbage - Enough said