Bombers Trade History

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bombers Trade History

derby Street wrote:Is it just me or are the Bombers universally disrespected by all clubs for being so difficult / impossible to deal with at trade week. If that is the case it could well prove very difficult for us to get Carlisle. They don't seem to figure in many trades so that must be some indication of their unhealthy view of the value of their players and also not willing to place a fair value of any players they are chasing. Thoughts?
Essendon are too used to getting preferencial treatment.
Like a better deal at Etihad stadium than that offered to other clubs.
Compliments of a former Essendon player corrupt AFL chairman Ron Evans.
Even when Essendon were caught over the drug scandal, they were pre warned and despite their howling they have got off lightly.
Unless they get a ripping advantage in the deal they don't want to talk.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I can't find the link but heard a snippett from Brian Waldron on Hungry for Sport - either this morning or yesterday
speaking on dealing with Essendon and stating that often the only way to go in the past was to go directly to Sheedy for sensible discussion.
That always works well.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... 5783536955
KEVIN Sheedy was among a host of former Essendon people who helped convince St Kilda to take a punt on Andrew Lovett

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Bombers history
The standoff comes 12 months after Essendon and Port Adelaide went to mediation over Patrick Ryder. The Bombers scoffed at picks 17 and 37 from the Power before eventually surrendering him for those selections because it was “the right thing to do”.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 7566566811

good of the game- Right to do? phffft
Complicating this plan would be Essendon's threat to take pick four to the same clubs in a bid to strike a similar pick-slide deal and one-up the Saints, and Collingwood's demands for uncontracted midfielder Nathan Freeman. Freeman is also headed for St Kilda, probably for a second-round pick.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLYeRRmB
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Can you explain the 2nd part? I don't get it. How do they one up the Saints. What has Freeman got to do with Carlisle?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:It seems every player that wants to leave a club now nominates where they want to go.

So we may as well have free agency for all players and make it open slather with no compensation.

Just have that, the draft and salary cap and be done with it.

It's all a big charade nowadays. By nominating a club, a player effectively can screw there current club

Can you name the clubs that have been screwed because a player named another club? They may end up where they want but I think players actually want to look after their previous club now and that's why bugger all do it through the PSD.
StKilda and Luke Ball the end.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The Recruit
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Bombers history
The standoff comes 12 months after Essendon and Port Adelaide went to mediation over Patrick Ryder. The Bombers scoffed at picks 17 and 37 from the Power before eventually surrendering him for those selections because it was “the right thing to do”.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 7566566811

good of the game- Right to do? phffft
Complicating this plan would be Essendon's threat to take pick four to the same clubs in a bid to strike a similar pick-slide deal and one-up the Saints, and Collingwood's demands for uncontracted midfielder Nathan Freeman. Freeman is also headed for St Kilda, probably for a second-round pick.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLYeRRmB
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Essendon can go f*** themselves
+1

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
santazzi wrote:Gordo, I can appreciate where you are coming from given that we have been lied to (we played a role in that transaction by accepting the lies) in the last transaction we have with them.

Having said that, I think, it would benefit us in the long term if we build a reputation for ourselves as fair traders.
No, screw them. They got BJ for nothing and screwed us over big time with that woman bashing drunk.

Nice guys run last in the AFL.

The only problem with us getting Lovett was our club. Nothing to do with Essendon. Anyway our club will do whats right for us. Luckily they aren't emotive supporters.

'

KEVIN Sheedy was among a host of former Essendon people who helped convince St Kilda to take a punt on Andrew Lovett.

The Saints yesterday secured Lovett on a three-year deal in exchange for pick No. 16, a trade St Kilda's Grand Final conquerors Geelong could not get across the line during last year's trade week.

Saints coach Ross Lyon said yesterday Lovett was a priority pick-up.

"He gives us some X-factor," Lyon said. "We're real excited, he gives us some pace and real finish to the team."

Sheedy, former Essendon high performance manager John Quinn, and former captain James Hird were among those the Saints sought out about the one-time wayward Bomber.

The 26-year-old has a chequered history, which included a court case involving an ex-girlfriend and last year twice being suspended by the Bombers.

"He's matured . . . we spoke to a lot of people," Lyon said.

"We have a good environment and a strong team and every opportunity for him to grow.

"This was our priority deal."

Sheedy, who coached Lovett for three seasons, said last night: "I told them Lovett was a terrific player. I like Andrew Lovett. I like him as a player and a person. '

screw essendon and waldron for that matter.

ace
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:Is it just me or are the Bombers universally disrespected by all clubs for being so difficult / impossible to deal with at trade week. If that is the case it could well prove very difficult for us to get Carlisle. They don't seem to figure in many trades so that must be some indication of their unhealthy view of the value of their players and also not willing to place a fair value of any players they are chasing. Thoughts?
They just feel that they are entitled to cheat at every turn including cheating rival clubs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
santazzi wrote:Gordo, I can appreciate where you are coming from given that we have been lied to (we played a role in that transaction by accepting the lies) in the last transaction we have with them.

Having said that, I think, it would benefit us in the long term if we build a reputation for ourselves as fair traders.
No, screw them. They got BJ for nothing and screwed us over big time with that woman bashing drunk.

Nice guys run last in the AFL.

The only problem with us getting Lovett was our club. Nothing to do with Essendon. Anyway our club will do whats right for us. Luckily they aren't emotive supporters.

'

KEVIN Sheedy was among a host of former Essendon people who helped convince St Kilda to take a punt on Andrew Lovett.

The Saints yesterday secured Lovett on a three-year deal in exchange for pick No. 16, a trade St Kilda's Grand Final conquerors Geelong could not get across the line during last year's trade week.

Saints coach Ross Lyon said yesterday Lovett was a priority pick-up.

"He gives us some X-factor," Lyon said. "We're real excited, he gives us some pace and real finish to the team."

Sheedy, former Essendon high performance manager John Quinn, and former captain James Hird were among those the Saints sought out about the one-time wayward Bomber.

The 26-year-old has a chequered history, which included a court case involving an ex-girlfriend and last year twice being suspended by the Bombers.

"He's matured . . . we spoke to a lot of people," Lyon said.

"We have a good environment and a strong team and every opportunity for him to grow.

"This was our priority deal."

Sheedy, who coached Lovett for three seasons, said last night: "I told them Lovett was a terrific player. I like Andrew Lovett. I like him as a player and a person. '

screw essendon and waldron for that matter.
sounds like Bennell

Posting 20 years of holey crap!