Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

saynta wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
Clapton Cream wrote:Ummmmm.....I think it was a bit worse than weed. Sorry guys, there could be some explaining to do...
And from where have you suddenly appeared to troll us?
This is a guy who is at the end of one of the most grueling drugs-in-sport investigation. Unless he is quite possibly the dumbest human on the planet, it doesn't make sense that he would actually film himself DOING ILLEGAL DRUGS. In contemplation it looks like he is goofing around with American bills, rolling them up the way I used to do as a kid when we had paper money here and does a poor ironic joke about snorting salt or something cos hey "I'm a drug cheat right".
Well I did say a few weeks ago when this trade was first muted that Jake was dumber than dog s***. Appears I may have been right.
No dumber than half the AFL players out there, including our own- and I can vouch for that.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
St Chris wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:The pick is gone, it aint coming back
Trades arent final until they're processed after tomorrow's deadline....
Is this true?
Yes, all trades have to be ratified after closure of the draft period at 2pm tomorrow.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

So even if he has done this, would you guys then be happy for the club to sack a player who had one strike against his name down at the club if they found out?

And if not why not?

You are garbage - Enough said
The Recruit
Club Player

If no trade is official until 2pm Thursday Jake is done at the saints.

Shame but we have no other choice....

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Recruit wrote:If no trade is official until 2pm Thursday Jake is done at the saints.

So you have judged him guilty even though you cant see who it is or what the powder is?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saynta wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Needs to come out and make a statement asap. If he kneiw this was floating around and didn't tell us then he's an asshole. This will probably blow over pretty quickly esp if he says its a prank but its a bad start.
bratty has posted that he has "flatly denied" through his manager of taking anything.

Good deny deny deny. Cant prove a thing apart from being a dumbass and we already knew that
I'll be honest I don't trust Jake or his manager. I bet you they knew of this video and didn't tell us. And now we have to deal with this s***. This guy has trouble following him. Needs to make every post a winner from now on. It's not panic time but punching team-mates, bad mouthing your club on field and drug stuff are signs that this guy has issues. I'm hoping Richo will be like a father figure to him and settle him down.
Who was the poster who asked me repeatedly if Carlisle had off field issues. I think the answer to that is a big clear yes.
Are you basin gthat on the video shown tonight?

Really. Would you as a defence lawyer allow that video to be definitive evidence?

is it clearly Carlisle?

What is the white powder?

The persons head goes out of shot then a head comes in which cant be identified that purportedly snorts the while substance.

Suddenly the person is now in a white shirt and is outside and the reporter iscorelating the two videos because he is apparently "rubbing his nose".

Seems like a total stitch up. Who snorts the white substance? Cant see the persons face.

Would you get a conviction on that video?
I haven't seen the video, but on what you say. no. but you may get a conviction on the guy being an idiot if he in fact posted a selfie, fake or otherwise.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Why not turn this around to our favour and release a statement along the lines of " now that Jake is a St Kilda player we expect he will fall into line with the much stronger values of our playing group and cease those behaviours that may have been part of his previous clubs culture"
That's the way to do it!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

spert wrote:
saynta wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
Clapton Cream wrote:Ummmmm.....I think it was a bit worse than weed. Sorry guys, there could be some explaining to do...
And from where have you suddenly appeared to troll us?
This is a guy who is at the end of one of the most grueling drugs-in-sport investigation. Unless he is quite possibly the dumbest human on the planet, it doesn't make sense that he would actually film himself DOING ILLEGAL DRUGS. In contemplation it looks like he is goofing around with American bills, rolling them up the way I used to do as a kid when we had paper money here and does a poor ironic joke about snorting salt or something cos hey "I'm a drug cheat right".
Well I did say a few weeks ago when this trade was first muted that Jake was dumber than dog s***. Appears I may have been right.
No dumber than half the AFL players out there, including our own- and I can vouch for that.
Yup we wll have to sack about half the team

The Recruit
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
The Recruit wrote:If no trade is official until 2pm Thursday Jake is done at the saints.

So you have judged him guilty even though you cant see who it is or what the powder is?
yes
unfortunately perception for many is reality..I hope he stays and becomes a great player but my feeling is the trade will be reversed.
Last edited by The Recruit on Wed 21 Oct 2015 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

resaintlee
Club Player

Agree. He doesn't pass the character test. Not to worried about the draft picks but would expect the AFL may come to the party.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saynta wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Needs to come out and make a statement asap. If he kneiw this was floating around and didn't tell us then he's an asshole. This will probably blow over pretty quickly esp if he says its a prank but its a bad start.
bratty has posted that he has "flatly denied" through his manager of taking anything.

Good deny deny deny. Cant prove a thing apart from being a dumbass and we already knew that
I'll be honest I don't trust Jake or his manager. I bet you they knew of this video and didn't tell us. And now we have to deal with this s***. This guy has trouble following him. Needs to make every post a winner from now on. It's not panic time but punching team-mates, bad mouthing your club on field and drug stuff are signs that this guy has issues. I'm hoping Richo will be like a father figure to him and settle him down.
Who was the poster who asked me repeatedly if Carlisle had off field issues. I think the answer to that is a big clear yes.
Are you basin gthat on the video shown tonight?

Really. Would you as a defence lawyer allow that video to be definitive evidence?

is it clearly Carlisle?

What is the white powder?

The persons head goes out of shot then a head comes in which cant be identified that purportedly snorts the while substance.

Suddenly the person is now in a white shirt and is outside and the reporter iscorelating the two videos because he is apparently "rubbing his nose".

Seems like a total stitch up. Who snorts the white substance? Cant see the persons face.

Would you get a conviction on that video?
I haven't seen the video, but on what you say. no. but you may get a conviction on the guy being an idiot if he in fact posted a selfie, fake or otherwise.
Really go to Nine MSN and watch it.

then ask yourself

1) Why is there no sound
2) Why does the head go out of frame and then a big light is shined on where the head would be and suddenly the powder looks like it is being snorted
3) Why is he wearing a blue shirt insde then suddenly wearing a white shirt outside where he purportedly "rubs his nose"

Unless ACA has purposefully put the light reflection on the video to obsure the face for whatever reason (its not Carlisle or it is and they want to entrap him when he says it isnt him) you cannot see a face or even a head.

It is purely a stitch up. It would not hold up in court for a second

St.Roly
Club Player

I just sullied myself by watching the video.

Very sceptical.

The non-reportage by other news agencies may speak volumes.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wont be happy if we lose sponsors over this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Recruit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

yes
unfortunately perception for many is reality..I hope he stays and becomes a great player but my feeling is the trade will be reversed.
So he is guilty on your perception. Can you identify his face? Or what hapoen to the white powder?

You cant because there is a light directly reflected on the head that comes back into shot, if it is even a head because you cant see it.

Lots of assumptions on here.

Maybe wait until we hear from Carlisle and his manager and the club before lynching him.

What was your perception of Milne considering you saw about as much of that "evidnece" as this incident?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

St.Roly wrote:I just sullied myself by watching the video.

Very sceptical.

The non-reportage by other news agencies may speak volumes.
It is very very poor. You have to agree

I urge everyone to watch it again on NineMSN and see if what I am saying is false

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Wont be happy if we lose sponsors over this.
How do we know he just did this? Could be months old

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:So even if he has done this, would you guys then be happy for the club to sack a player who had one strike against his name down at the club if they found out?

And if not why not?
How do you know that he doesn't have two strikes against his name already. None of us do.

I'm prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a prank. but not very smart if it was. If it wasn't a prank and the guy actually filmed himself snorting coke and then put it on line , then he's not someone I would want to see mixing with our 18 year olds.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Its guilt by association...

There is no way we come away from this without being smeared by it.

The first time I hear "St Kilda Star Jake Carlisle" I think I will vomit.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Recruit
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

yes
So he is guilty on your perception. Can you identify his face? Or what hapoen to the white powder?

You cant because there is a light directly reflected on the head that comes back into shot, if it is even a head because you cant see it.

Lots of assumptions on here.

Maybe wait until we hear from Carlisle and his manager and the club before lynching him.

What was your perception of Milne considering you saw about as much of that "evidence" as this incident?
Not my perception, it is the 'general public' perception that is the issue. same as Milne.
Public perception whilst means nothing, means so much especially when it comes to sponsorship. i can see the club thinking, 'why go down this track when there is no need. We can keep pick 5, keep 3.5 million and use it on a future recruit that isnt as risky or that will not make these poor choices. Finnes will cut him loose with not a second thought given.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Nah...

Pick him up in the PSD.

There are fouler things at play here than JC doing a line or two.

The Recruit
Club Player

bigred wrote:Nah...

Pick him up in the PSD.

There are fouler things at play here than JC doing a line or two.
That would be amazing..this incident does provide that opportunity. Do we have the balls to do it?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:So even if he has done this, would you guys then be happy for the club to sack a player who had one strike against his name down at the club if they found out?

And if not why not?
How do you know that he doesn't have two strikes against his name already. None of us do.

I'm prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a prank. but not very smart if it was. If it wasn't a prank and the guy actually filmed himself snorting coke and then put it on line , then he's not someone I would want to see mixing with our 18 year olds.
Have you watched it yet?

If you have you must see how suss it is. Someone moves out of camera then someone moves in with a big reflected light on the screen ony showing the white line going, you literally cant make out anything or anyone else.

To me it is a pure stitch up.

If it is not I am prepared to see him in a world of pain.

If it is a stitch up I would expect many on this thread to acknowledge how quickly they ditched him on a dodgey slimey video

The Recruit
Club Player

Can I say I have not ditched him....I hope he has nothing to answer...its just the vibe

farquhar
Club Player

It is just a scene from Goddard's movie. BJ started filming early.

Time for goal-kicking practice
The Recruit
Club Player

The fight scene would have been better