Very good trade period

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Very good trade period

Funny how most experts give St Kilda an A or B+ for the trade period, yet the 'sky is falling' club on this forum seem to think we're doomed for all eternity.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Funny how most experts give St Kilda an A or B+ for the trade period, yet the 'sky is falling' club on this forum seem to think we're doomed for all eternity.
Basically we ended up with three first round draft picks.
I don't think anyone would argue that 14, Carlisle, Freeman are 3 x first round picks or equivalent.

I'd even go so far as to say we started with pick 5 and ended up with three top 15 picks.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Funny how most experts give St Kilda an A or B+ for the trade period, yet the 'sky is falling' club on this forum seem to think we're doomed for all eternity.
I don't think anyone would argue that 14, Carlisle, Freeman are 3 x first round picks or equivalent.

I'd even go so far as to say we started with pick 5 and ended up with three top 15 picks.
That's a good way of looking at it but we also gave up 2 second round draft picks.

I grade the trade period a B-

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

That's a good way of looking at it but we also gave up 2 second round draft picks.

I grade the trade period a B-
True. So we did ok. But to get an A we need pick 14 to be a good player. Doesnt have to be a star but needs to be good to v good.

busso mick
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Zed wrote:High risk strategy this year.

If it all comes off then we speed up our improvement by a year or maybe 2. If it fizzes we go backward.
spot on

its high risk with slightly overs paid.

IF comes off we are geniuses....if not we risk stalling some of the recent good work.

cross everything.

I seriously have doubts Carlisle wont re offend......he has drop kick written all over him so lets hope our 'culture' can do something for him...
Makes me feel nostalgic - Bring back the drop kick into our game.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

All of the experts I've seen or heard are making their decision based on ignoring the Carlisle incident. On paper, our trade period looks successful.

The reality is, if the video surfaces 24 hours earlier, we take 5 and 24 to the draft, while also picking up Freeman, and our outlook is a lot rosier than it is right now.

I posted it in another thread, but we've paid $150,000 for a 1978 Datsun from a dodgy car salesman. Now the best we can do is fix that Datsun to get somewhere near our money's worth out of it. But I dare say, if it breaks down again, we might just cut our losses and send that lemon to the scrap heap.

ripplug66
Club Player

St Chris wrote:
All of the experts I've seen or heard are making their decision based on ignoring the Carlisle incident. On paper, our trade period looks successful.

The reality is, if the video surfaces 24 hours earlier, we take 5 and 24 to the draft, while also picking up Freeman, and our outlook is a lot rosier than it is right now.

I posted it in another thread, but we've paid $150,000 for a 1978 Datsun from a dodgy car salesman. Now the best we can do is fix that Datsun to get somewhere near our money's worth out of it. But I dare say, if it breaks down again, we might just cut our losses and send that lemon to the scrap heap.

I don't see how the Carlisle thing changes our mark on drafting. Yep a few days bad publicity but in the end it wont effect Carlisle ability. We got a very good player for a good pick. The only way it fails is if Carlisle continues to stuff up. Lets hope he doesn't.