Team v Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Hawks

snoopygirl wrote:Am I the only one who is staggered by the inclusion of Hodge into the Hawks line up? What would be the sense in rushing him back into the side 3 weeks after breaking his arm & having surgery? I could understand it if it was the GF but this is round 4 between a team who has won the last 3 flags & a team who won a wooden spoon 18 months ago.
They saw how good we were vs the Pies and with Gibbo out they shat themselves!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
elizabethr
Club Player

Hoping to see strong pressure to Hodge on and off ball.

nothing to say
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Am I the only one who is staggered by the inclusion of Hodge into the Hawks line up? What would be the sense in rushing him back into the side 3 weeks after breaking his arm & having surgery? I could understand it if it was the GF but this is round 4 between a team who has won the last 3 flags & a team who won a wooden spoon 18 months ago.
Did seem a bit weird in what looks a very winnable game for Hawks. But there are breaks and then breaks and maybe this wasn't that bad. It's a good sign of respect from Clarkson. Don't underestimate how bad Clarkson want to make the top four to get another shot at a flag. They will go down as the greatest aussie rules team in history.

St Loxton
Club Player

This looks to me to be a winnable game for us.
I may have lost the plot, as I witnessed first hand the merciless belting of us at the G last year.
If we maintain our pressure acts, and not be intimidated.
Be clean and fast by hand and foot to our fwds.
We have the firepower to kick a 100+ score on any ground.
Make them uncomfortable and doubt themselves.
Am I dreaming?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:good to see Nick, Paddy, and Bruce all get another go at it together. fingers crossed we'll get a full game out of this forward line.

I hope we don't see all three in the same forward line. It will stunt the development of Bruce and Paddy.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
Did seem a bit weird in what looks a very winnable game for Hawks. But there are breaks and then breaks and maybe this wasn't that bad. It's a good sign of respect from Clarkson. Don't underestimate how bad Clarkson want to make the top four to get another shot at a flag. They will go down as the greatest aussie rules team in history.
Twitter indicating he may not have been on the plane with the rest of the team.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

no way hodge will play

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
shrodes
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Twitter indicating he may not have been on the plane with the rest of the team.
Apparently he was just late to the airport, and did in fact travel with the team:

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
millarsaint wrote:good to see Nick, Paddy, and Bruce all get another go at it together. fingers crossed we'll get a full game out of this forward line.

I hope we don't see all three in the same forward line. It will stunt the development of Bruce and Paddy.
Maybe not all of the time but Roo will go forward and will kick goals meaning the Hawks have to manage that, as well as Paddy and Bruce. So it's a handful for them. Especially with Gibson and Shown Burger's out.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches