Gresham and acres

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Gresham and acres

Both were brilliant today. When gresh went into the middle in the second he completely owned it! Rose to the occasion and then some.
Acres had serious leather poinsoning in the first and was great throughout - weaving and bullying his way through packs...nailing a lovely goal!

And while I'm at it was great to see billings add 2 nice goals to his lazy 20 possies

#1 Ryder fan
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gresham and acres

I agree they had good games the both if them. Will Blake be suspended for the little pat to the stomach?

stkfc1
Club Player

Both excellent. Gresh is something special. Kudos to our recruiting staff. It's starting to make me wonder if we really should be throwing the kitchen sink at Hurley as I think our midfleld is going to be ok next year.

Legendary
Club Player

Gresham will be our best player in 4 years. Sometimes he's too good for his team mates.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Gresham's deadeye handballs through traffic are something to behold. And Acres bursting through packs was almost as enjoyable

Always loyal
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

sign him up for 3 more years now

Nee!
supersaints
Club Player

Gresch showed in the first couple of games he was going to be a gun, Acres has been more of a pleasant surprise , his Diposal and decision making was average early on... He's comming on superbly
Seems like we may have recruited our tall big bodied mid and small fleet footed mid on the cheap.

Need to reconsider throwing the kitchen sink free agency mids

if Freeman lives up near his potential we are building them up nicely as we go, even our worst sceptics should be pleased

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Legendary wrote:Gresham will be our best player in 4 years. Sometimes he's too good for his team mates.
Gresham may be our best player next year.

He's got silky skills, Billings also has a lot of polish.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Blake is showing he is going to be something special.

OH. Loved seeing Seb outrun Cripps.

Slow? Crap

shrodes
SS Life Member

Really liked both their games. Blacres is still at the point where I get worried seeing him run through multiple players before disposing (much like Gilbert a year or two ago) but he's slowly getting to the point where he can do it and dispose of the ball pretty well. Excited for them both going forwards!

carn_sainter
Club Player

Gresham and Acres were my two main observations leaving the ground today.

Both looked great. Acres had leather poisoning in the first quarter and Gresham controlled the second quarter single handedly.

He has all the tools already, Gresham. He isn't great in the air and he needs to improve his long kicking on the run a little bit...but he is our cleanest and most creative player already. And he has guts and ticker and his tackles stick. I said earlier and stand by it that I've not been so excited about a first year saint in a very long time.

Great signs for both players.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:sign him up for 3 more years now
10 years - Give the kid the kitchen sink - he is a gem - Gresh and Carlisle for pick 5 and 24 - dip our recruiters in gold and stuff diamonds up their butt!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
10 years - Give the kid the kitchen sink - he is a gem - Gresh and Carlisle for pick 5 and 24 - dip our recruiters in gold and stuff diamonds up their butt!!!!
Not 24. 18 I think.

Milne
Club Player

Gresham is exciting whenever he gets the ball. So much upside in him :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
Not 24. 18 I think.

Originally pre trading for Carlisle we have 5 and 24.

So effectively those 2 darft picks landed us Carlisle and Gresh!

If Gresh is ranked top 5 from that draft pool (as the Saints had ranked him) then Carlisle was secured for 24 in effect.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'm excited about both of them and hope they can step it up over the remaining rounds. If you can take a positive from it, they're going to get more time in the middle courtesy of the unfortunate injury to Dunstan.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Meatball take your opportunity

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I think Gresham is our most exciting recruit for years.

Not sure which quarter yesterday but he got the ball between HBF and wing , looked to be in trouble with traffic all around, sent a 20-25m handball through the traffic that hit a runner in the middle and we were away, brilliant.

The sort of handball that only the likes of Mitchell and Rioli can do.

The great thing too is that clubs will have to decide if they clamp on Jack S or him and that gives us options

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
The_Merchant
Club Player

Glad gresh wasn't rested this week as one of our posted constantly suggests. As long as he is fit, he should be playing, this sort of experience is priceless.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Acres in traffic for a 190cm bloke has me sometimes wondering 'how the hell did he do that'?
He is also getting better overhead. Once he gets stronger and adjusts even more to the pace of the game could be absolutely anything.

The thing I like most about Gresh at this stage is he seems to have his head screwed on straight. He isnt't likely to get carried away partying and drinking his own bathwater.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 08 Aug 2016 11:42am, edited 2 times in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:Glad gresh wasn't rested this week as one of our posted constantly suggests.
Said poster has him pigeonholed as another small forward. He'll come around when he sees that Gresham is a gun midfielder.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:
saynta wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
Not 24. 18 I think.

Originally pre trading for Carlisle we have 5 and 24.

So effectively those 2 darft picks landed us Carlisle and Gresh!

If Gresh is ranked top 5 from that draft pool (as the Saints had ranked him) then Carlisle was secured for 24 in effect.
Indeed. Shrewd work.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Acres in traffic for a 190cm bloke has me sometimes wondering 'how the hell did he do that'?
He is alao getting better overhead. Once he gets stronger and adjusts even more to the pace of the game could be absolutely anything.

The thing I like most about Gresh at this stage ia he seems to have his head scewed on straight. Hes not likely to get carried away partying and drinking his own bathwater.
Blake looks like he's starting to realise he really belongs at AFL level. Starting to look hungry for the footy and hungry to influence the contest. Could just get better and better and better.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I agree they had good games the both if them. Will Blake be suspended for the little pat to the stomach?
Will Kreuzer go for the overacting?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

And to think that some scoffed at reports that we rated Gresh' at number five in the draft... Carlisle and Gresh'... best pick five ever!!! 8-)

And to all the Acres-doubters... I reckon you can now rest easier, as you're now starting to see what all the hype is about. First we got glimpses. Then we got 'that' game and a Rising Star nomination. But now... we're getting some consistency. (And just wait till he starts taking a few hangers.) :D

2016 break out years from - Hickey, Members, Seb, and Mav. How good is that!?! :D

2017 - it'll be Acres. (Come on Con!!! Others are having to do you job for you! :wink: )

PS: Whilst his early form has been very impressive, Aaron Francis, at 190cm, is not ever going to be a key position player (as per his underage days) at AFL level.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: