Twomey's September form guide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Twomey's September form guide

So assuming the Lions get a PP at pick 19 and GWS jump in and take Setterfield around pick 10 (using points) this leaves us with pick 11 (unless we trade it).

That would likely leave us with one of these two if we hit the draft:
11 JACK SCRIMSHAW

POS: Defender/midfielder, Ht 194cm, Wt 80kg, DOB 4/9/98
From Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

The most appealing thing about Scrimshaw will be his ability to move into a number of different spots. He can be trusted off half-back to set up the play with his left-foot kicking, but he has also got the sidestep and awareness to shift into the midfield. He's still wiry but if he can add some muscle to his frame then he will be a difficult match-up around the stoppages. He shifted forward against the Eastern Ranges in the elimination final last weekend and was very good with 25 disposals and a goal. Scrimshaw is another player who has had his injury problems, but he generally looks a class above when he has the ball in hand.

13 DANIEL VENABLES
POS: Midfielder/half-forward, Ht 186cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 19/11/98
From Western Jets/Vic Metro

Venables is a talented player who has a combination of traits that few in this draft possess. He's strong, physical, powerful and has a real burst of speed. He has been used all over the ground at stages this season, but had different injuries and missed the last three weeks of the year with a foot problem. His best form probably came at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, when he helped set up Vic Metro's last-gasp win over Vic Country at Simonds Stadium.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/c ... er-edition

Wombat15
Club Player

Re: Twomey's September form guide

Not a huge fan of scrimshaw. Ive heard mixed reviews about his kicking and he will have to put on another 10kgs before he can "compete" with the big bodied forwards.
I like venables i think he and even mcgrath if he even gets that far are exactly what we need as those burst players to go through the mid. Theres a lot of sneaky good value in that second round where players like Jack Graham, Jonty Scharenberg, Dylan Clarke, Rotham and a few others plus the fact theres always the ones that fall i.e Goddard.
based on the rumors we are seeing at the moment i think we are most likely heading into the draft with pick 10 unless we somehow get ripped off trying to get laverde or steele, considering marchbank is pretty much on the doorstep of the blues. But if we were to end up with a late round pick there is value.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

So if this eventuated GWS, a team finishing top four, will get two top ten picks and we will get 0 (with our pick slipping to pick 12). This comp has become the biggest joke of all professional comp in the world. Fairness has gone completely out the window in the interests of expanding the game in the Northern states.

Basically is Gil and the AFL are saying "WE don't value St Kilda and St Kilda supporters. We don't care if they get a fair go or not as long as we can grow the game up NOrth" They are pushing the rusted on supporters to the limit.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scrimshaw does indeed sound interesting. I'm sure he'll be able to write his own story if drafted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrimshaw

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.