Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

I think the saints are keeping pick ten as there are a few kids in the draft they feel will be an excellent addition to list as the spread is pretty good up to 20....to be honest though our pick 46 probably gets it done...they have heaps of picks in ts years draft and with the salary cap change they would struggle to keep steel and players like him over the next couple of years....still think we will get him for a steel :wink: josh Bruce style.
In regards to trades I would do maybe longer and pick ten to Gold Coast for pick 8 and pick 24.....? Longer worth pick 24 IMO

bergsone
SS Life Member

The Recruit wrote:I think the saints are keeping pick ten as there are a few kids in the draft they feel will be an excellent addition to list as the spread is pretty good up to 20....to be honest though our pick 46 probably gets it done...they have heaps of picks in ts years draft and with the salary cap change they would struggle to keep steel and players like him over the next couple of years....still think we will get him for a steel :wink: josh Bruce style.
In regards to trades I would do maybe longer and pick ten to Gold Coast for pick 8 and pick 24.....? Longer worth pick 24 IMO
From memory Longer left queensland cause he wanted to return to vic

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
The Recruit wrote:I think the saints are keeping pick ten as there are a few kids in the draft they feel will be an excellent addition to list as the spread is pretty good up to 20....to be honest though our pick 46 probably gets it done...they have heaps of picks in ts years draft and with the salary cap change they would struggle to keep steel and players like him over the next couple of years....still think we will get him for a steel :wink: josh Bruce style.
From memory Longer left queensland cause he wanted to return to vic
100% correct

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Top 10 performers at Draft Combine.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-09/t ... ft-combine

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... d3ca3e153f

ST KILDA has entered the race for Koby Stevens as the out-of-contract Western Bulldog weighs up his future.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... d3ca3e153f

ST KILDA has entered the race for Koby Stevens as the out-of-contract Western Bulldog weighs up his future.
If true, is it just deepening our midfield, or is another club sniffing around for Armo and so we need a replacement?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

No thanks, he chose the dogs over us a few years ago, now he's not good enough to get a game… pass.

Thesaint127
Club Player

dragit wrote:No thanks, he chose the dogs over us a few years ago, now he's not good enough to get a game… pass.
With that logic we should never have gotten Bruce or members or be targetting Steele as they couldn't get a game.Plus Stevens was up against a premiers side.Take a look at his alround stats though.Averages 22 disp all round tall string mid with pace.me likey

Rocket
Club Player

Good move ... Half the cost of Harlett. Hard at it and provides much needed mid field depth. We were lucky with injury last year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Does make an Armo move seem more logical ...

“Yeah….nah””
Doctor Two
Club Player

Thesaint127 wrote:
dragit wrote:No thanks, he chose the dogs over us a few years ago, now he's not good enough to get a game… pass.
With that logic we should never have gotten Bruce or members or be targetting Steele as they couldn't get a game.Plus Stevens was up against a premiers side.Take a look at his alround stats though.Averages 22 disp all round tall string mid with pace.me likey

Not o mention the IP that we can get from the Bulldogs game plan

minneapolis
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... d3ca3e153f

No I don't like it.

If he can't get a game in the Premiership side of '16 how will he get a game in our Premiership side. A known quantity. We need a few elite players to raise to top 4. Not Koby I am afraid.

Nor is the Tyrone Vickery finger in the Hawthorn dyke as the Dutch boy said.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Doctor Two wrote:
Thesaint127 wrote:

Not o mention the IP that we can get from the Bulldogs game plan
Throw the ball and smile at the umps.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Does make an Armo move seem more logical ...
Pretty sure Jaxons said earlier in this thread that Armo is going nowhere.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Does make an Armo move seem more logical ...
Haven't you got your 2017 membership ticket yet.
OK the marketing people did not think the Dogs would win a premiership but they are sure Armo is STAYING.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I would be staying in touch with Mitchell & O'Meara… just can't see how Hawthorn are going to get both deals done without trading out some very good players. Both of those guys are worth top 10 picks, even with the risk associated IMO.

They are going to be a scary outfit if they land both players.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:I would be staying in touch with Mitchell & O'Meara… just can't see how Hawthorn are going to get both deals done without trading out some very good players. Both of those guys are worth top 10 picks, even with the risk associated IMO.

I'm with you Dragit, Hawks now saying Bruest not going anywhere either.

I cant see how they'll bring in O'Meara & Mitchell without giving up substantial picks ( maybe next years first rounder as well as this years) and players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I would be staying in touch with Mitchell & O'Meara… just can't see how Hawthorn are going to get both deals done without trading out some very good players. Both of those guys are worth top 10 picks, even with the risk associated IMO.

Dunno about that. Have a close look at Hawthorn's list. Very threadbare under 25 talent. Apart from Ryan Burton and James Sicily they have almost nothing under 25 at all.
They know it which is why they are panicking and trying to get O'Meara and Mitchell. Not sure how they will get it done but will have to be this year and next year's first rounders plus maybe Whitecross and Hartung or similar. They also lose Brad Hill which further weakens them under 25.

I dont think the Hawks will be challenging again anytime soon. They are cooked imo.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Dunno about that. Have a close look at Hawthorn's list. Very threadbare under 25 talent. Apart from Ryan Burton and James Sicily they have almost nothing under 25 at all.
They know it which is why they are panicking and trying to get O'Meara and Mitchell. Not sure how they will get it done but will have to be this year and next year's first rounders plus maybe Whitecross and Hartung or similar. They also lose Brad Hill which further weakens them under 25.

I dont think the Hawks will be challenging again anytime soon. They are cooked imo.
I hope you're right but…

I reckon if you take out Schoenmakers, Whitecross, Fitzpatrick & Shiels from their last side to play:

And dropped in Roughhead, Vickery, Mitchell & O'Meara… you would have a very good side.

Do you think they'll miss the finals next year?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: I reckon if you take out Schoenmakers, Whitecross, Fitzpatrick & Shiels from their last side to play:

And dropped in Roughhead, Vickery, Mitchell & O'Meara… you would have a very good side.
Given the treatment that Roughead is unfortunately undertaking at present and the way it severely knocks around a body I cannot envisage Roughead playing seniors in 2017. I would tend to think that is why the Hawks have chased Vicked to try and play that key forwad/ruck role that Roughead played so well.

To get BOTH Mitchell & O'Meara I would be very surprised in the Hawks did not lose some quality players besides Hill. Add to that that Hodge and Gibson look to be fading, that they won a lot of their games by very small margins in 2016 and so yes I believe that their 2017 will be worse than their 2016.

longtimesaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
dragit wrote: I reckon if you take out Schoenmakers, Whitecross, Fitzpatrick & Shiels from their last side to play:

Given the treatment that Roughead is unfortunately undertaking at present and the way it severely knocks around a body I cannot envisage Roughead playing seniors in 2017. I would tend to think that is why the Hawks have chased Vicked to try and play that key forwad/ruck role that Roughead played so well.

To get BOTH Mitchell & O'Meara I would be very surprised in the Hawks did not lose some quality players besides Hill. Add to that that Hodge and Gibson look to be fading, that they won a lot of their games by very small margins in 2016 and so yes I believe that their 2017 will be worse than their 2016.
It is surprising that players like O'Meara and Mitchell still see the Hawks as a destination club when all the indicators suggest they are beginning a decline.

One year will be our year
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm calling it. They are heading down the ladder. 10th or 11th next year.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Delidio has told Richmond that he is interested in the Cats, and Cats have told the Tigers they are interested. So just a matter of doing the deal. Lids is a a FA as well in 2017. So Tigers will deal.
The Cats have radically changed froma club that rebuilds by drafting kids to rebuilding by trading for established players.

longtimesaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Delidio has told Richmond that he is interested in the Cats, and Cats have told the Tigers they are interested. So just a matter of doing the deal. Lids is a a FA as well in 2017. So Tigers will deal.
The Cats have radically changed froma club that rebuilds by drafting kids to rebuilding by trading for established players.
Usually only a quick fix and doesn't work in the long run.
Geelong and Hawthorn don't seem to want to bottom out and re-build which is normally the way you build a premiership team.

One year will be our year
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Delidio has told Richmond that he is interested in the Cats, and Cats have told the Tigers they are interested. So just a matter of doing the deal. Lids is a a FA as well in 2017. So Tigers will deal.
Usually only a quick fix and doesn't work in the long run.
Geelong and Hawthorn don't seem to want to bottom out and re-build which is normally the way you build a premiership team.
I agree. I think the Cats are having a dead cat bounce. Their young-uns are not that good (and this is key), and so this is just giving them a temporary reprieve of playing finals, but not being good enough to win a flag.

Drafting today needs to be a mix of old and new. But Cats are bringing in a lot of poor quality players as well as good ones with all the older players they are bringing in..