Available free agents. Who to target

Re: Available free agents. Who to target

Breust are you kidding?

Absolute down hill skier

Not sure who will look after him now at the Hawks

If you doubt me, go and watch the first quarter of the North v Hawks from the middle of the year

The Kangas went for him and he literally disappeared from the game

So yes he can run up and down the wing and find space over the top, that's about it

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Winmar7

I would only touch Fyfe or Martin from that list, but would be very careful about what we're offering... there is talk around both of them having off field / personality issues which is the last thing we need and 2017 will show whether Fyfe's body can reach the heights again

Perhaps 2 x first rounders might be a wiser investment and better preparation for longer term success..???

The_Merchant

stevie wrote:Cheers TM so it goes by games played or years? 2010 was Suns first in the then VFA actually
it is after 8 consecutive years of service at the same club. That would make someone who played VFL with them eligible at the end of next year.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.

Target most of them. With a few exceptions they are ready to be shot.

Winmar7 wrote:I would only touch Fyfe or Martin from that list, but would be very careful about what we're offering... there is talk around both of them having off field / personality issues which is the last thing we need and 2017 will show whether Fyfe's body can reach the heights again

Perhaps 2 x first rounders might be a wiser investment and better preparation for longer term success..???
Or trading for Kelly/Shiel

Personally I would still have a crack at Martin as well.

However with RFA's as I mentioned earlier my belief is that today that the very elite ones that you will probably still have to trade for. However it may be that our List Mangers have and will in 2016 frontloaded enough contracts at the 95% level so that we can offer a RFA a contract with a massive First and / or Second year that would prevent the home club from matching our RFA offer. However how much that then rocks the boat by aggrieving our existing players may be a risk, and I tend to think a sizeable risk.

So therefore as appealing as getting an elite player at no trade cost may be, it may well be better for the club to suck it up and trade and to also then pay a more modest $$ salary.

If you look at the very big contracts it mainly has not really ended well. Juss made millions, but the Blues wnt no where, and that was with the AFL codonned rort of Judd early millions as a Visy Ambassador! Buddy and Tippett have resulted in the Swans haemorrhaging players. Gablett played great footy at the Suns, but the club never gained team cohesion. Dangerfield has now won a Brownlow, but the Cats in my opinion put too few eggs in the one basket and have had a dead cat bounce Top 4 and will now decline as the rest of their list will deteriorate. Their current trade period was underwhelming and they are also now still unders on picks.

Yes Boyd won a flag at the Dogs, but has had to become a ruck/forward rather than key forward and despite having a good GF he was not really at all a key to their success this year.

shrodes

Barlow looking increasingly like a DFA, would we be interested?

Probably not given how limited we are for spots on the list, but would he even suit our team?

We feel the need. The need for speed. No thanks to Barlow.

terry smith rules wrote:Breust are you kidding?

Absolute down hill skier

Not sure who will look after him now at the Hawks

If you doubt me, go and watch the first quarter of the North v Hawks from the middle of the year

The Kangas went for him and he literally disappeared from the game

So yes he can run up and down the wing and find space over the top, that's about it
... a 25 year old triple premiership player who kicks 50 goals a year. He'll be in demand I reckon.