Hard to swallow.... deplorable.... very hard to defend

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Hard to swallow.... deplorable.... very hard to defend

frustrating and disappointing....

NO s*** SHERLOCK

you really do take us for idiots

SAME s*** DIFFERENT WEEK

s*** has to change

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hard to swallow.... deplorable.... very hard to defend

Takes NO accountability directly himself
Not a good sign

“Yeah….nah””
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Should do the decent thing and GO!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 10:33am Should do the decent thing and GO!
yeah because Richo was responsible for 2 players playing on from less than 10 metres out from goal and missing, he was also directly responsible for at least 6 unforced kicking errors coming out of half back, I think Richo also instructed our Captain to let an uncontested mark go straight through his hands and directly to his opponent so that he could waltz into an open goal.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Skills are deplorable and common sense lacking imho

BenLong#21
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 1:40pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 10:33am Should do the decent thing and GO!
yeah because Richo was responsible for 2 players playing on from less than 10 metres out from goal and missing, he was also directly responsible for at least 6 unforced kicking errors coming out of half back, I think Richo also instructed our Captain to let an uncontested mark go straight through his hands and directly to his opponent so that he could waltz into an open goal.
So you are happy with 33% win ratio after 5 seasons?
Coach not accountable ever?

Job for life? Why not.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

So just WHERE do YOU think the buck should stop, champ? :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The kicking, the gameplan, and the discipline to execute and do the basics well are all a reflection of the headcoach. The confidence, the daring, the footy smarts and most importantly...the behaviours and the mindset of the players are a reflection of the headcoach.

If I was headcoach I would not let my forwards get into a position where they are confused as to whether to play on or not from 20 metres out with hardly any angle to speak of. I would be creating simple team rules and be giving my forwards simple instructions to follow. Richo has fialed to do this. If this was his first year, I'd understand and I'd give him some time to work it out, but after 5 years, I think his time has run out!!

We shouldn't be in this position. We should have been celebrating little wins and enjoying watching our younsters get game time ( the green shoots like Bolton says) but instead we have a heirachy and coach who believed that their players were good enough to challenge for finals and perhaps even good enough for top 4. The head coach has nfi and neither do most of the top heirachy who supported his contract extension
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 11 Aug 2018 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 5:29pm
So just WHERE do YOU think the buck should stop, champ? :roll:
Don't eye roll me and don't call me champ. You would have to be the biggest front runner I have ever come across. Not happy because you're not getting regular screen time on TV?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

BenLong#21 wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:33pm
So you are happy with 33% win ratio after 5 seasons?
Coach not accountable ever?

Job for life? Why not.
No, just stating fact, I don't care if our coach was a combination of Barassi, Jeans, Kennedy and Clarkson, you cannot coach for blokes running unopposed off half back and hitting opposition on the chest in the centre square, defensively you are f***ed because all of the runners are now streaming out making position up the ground just to watch the ball go the other way.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

This is the playing group that he and the heirachy told us were good enough to make the finals this year and even challenge for a top 4 spot. As soon as it suits them, they reckon their all a bunch of hacks.

Let's face facts. Whatever skills and footysmarts they did have collectively as a group has been destroyed along with their confidence with the head coach and his CEO and admin choosing at every opportunity to point the finger mainly at the players

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

People compare Richo to Hardwick and they reckon they have a leg to stand on. I reckon Richo will never achieve success as a head coach.

Everyone remembers the show 'On The Couch' with the famous interview with Damien Hardwick at the end of 2016 on FoxFooty when Hardwick said that he believed he had the list to not only win a final, but win the premiership! Here was a guy under pressure where his job was on the line and his team had finished 13th ( we finished 9th and missed the top by percentage only) and he was still backing his players. When most people thought he should and could have easily have blamed the playing list he supported them. Not when they were in the finals in the previous years, but this was when they were at the lowest for about 3-4 years.

When Richmond were losing games of football to the Gold Coast Suns did you ever hear Hardwick putting the playing group under a bus? In 2016 when Richmond failed to make the finals after being finalist for at least the previous 2 years, did Hardwick publicly criticise the skills of his players?

Hardwick is a coach who stands up for his players and knows how importnat it is for their confidence.

BenLong#21
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:39pm People compare Richo to Hardwick and they reckon they have a leg to stand on. I reckon Richo will never achieve success as a head coach.

Everyone remembers the show 'On The Couch' with the famous interview with Damien Hardwick at the end of 2016 on FoxFooty when Hardwick said that he believed he had the list to not only win a final, but win the premiership! Here was a guy under pressure where his job was on the line and his team had finished 13th ( we finished 9th and missed the top by percentage only) and he was still backing his players. When most people thought he should and could have easily have blamed the playing list he supported them. Not when they were in the finals in the previous years, but this was when they were at the lowest for about 3-4 years.

When Richmond were losing games of football to the Gold Coast Suns did you ever hear Hardwick putting the playing group under a bus? In 2016 when Richmond failed to make the finals after being finalist for at least the previous 2 years, did Hardwick publicly criticise the skills of his players?

Hardwick is a coach who stands up for his players and knows how importnat it is for their confidence.
Yep. And even in 2016 when the Tiges had a shocking year - they still won 8 games.

In both 2013 and 2015 they had 15 wins in a season - so Hardwick had plenty of credits in the bank at that point.

15 wins in a season is a very good season so Hardwick was tracking along quite nicely in reality even before 2017.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Surely once you start blaming the players then, ergo, you are going to lose the players (if you haven't already lost them)!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:27pm Surely once you start blaming the players then, ergo, you are going to lose the players (if you haven't already lost them)!
Exactly. I used to work wth a senior manager who constantly blamed the staff in her department for her incompetence...that was an unhappy ship to sail upon. Back stabbing, gossiping, bitter, divided, high staff turnover, low performance.

saintadamski
Club Player

Yes, our coach is poor.

But if anyone truly believes that Hardwick could coach the likes of Newnes, Sinclair, Geary, Brown, Weller, Savage, Hickey, Steven, Dunstan, Lonie, Billings , to a premiership ...

I'd be making quick plans for a straight jacket and a padded cell.