Do we need to rip off the band aid?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BenLong#21
Club Player

Re: Do we need to rip off the band aid?

older saint wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 1:23pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 12:49pm I'm sick of supporting a team that has a disadvantage against most of the incumbent sides in the AFL and a team that has always been one of the weakest VFL teams here in Melbourne in terms of cash/sponsorship/member numbers/etc. It's one of the main reasons that we almost always 'nearly' win a flag even when we have had strong seasons in the last 50 years.

I'm going totally off topic here, and this is more about ripping the band aid off the WHOLE footy club. The AFL will have to have a team down in Tasmania at some stage won't they? Why not fast track it and get some of the same advantages that the Northern State AFL teams get with acadamy players and the like. Do we think we can honestly compete with the power clubs of the AFL? Do we want our kids and grandkids to go through what we have for the next 50 years?

We'll need the AFL to appoint Peter Jackson or someone of his calibre plus the Pres to have a reputation as good as Brian Cook. The Tassie Saints will retain our current colours and will retain all our best players going into season 2020 PLUS the AFL gives us the same concessions they gave GWS with extra first round draft picks for 2-3 years. At least we'll retain some of our history down at Moorabbin and still play a half dozen home games in Melbourne.
remember it was only 20 years ago Hawthorn was a few votes away from being the Melbourne Hawks. All about the administration and the decisions made since then - we were in a GF that year. Since then in no particular order:

- Tim watson
- Malcolm Blight
- Walking away from Tas
- Seaford
- New Zealand
- Ross Lyon contract
- Luke Ball
- Numerous recruiting decisions - Lovett, Lee, the list goes on
- Seaford
- Scott Waters
- did i mention Seaford?
You forgot the 7 year contract to the Cho.

7 YEARS!!!!! for Mr 33%.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

The argument, re Cho is arse about. We cannot afford to keep him, as we have fallen into the precipice due to this decision. Madness!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

fancy walking away from Tassie

shameful.

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again

go us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintadamski
Club Player

older saint wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 1:23pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 12:49pm I'm sick of supporting a team that has a disadvantage against most of the incumbent sides in the AFL and a team that has always been one of the weakest VFL teams here in Melbourne in terms of cash/sponsorship/member numbers/etc. It's one of the main reasons that we almost always 'nearly' win a flag even when we have had strong seasons in the last 50 years.

I'm going totally off topic here, and this is more about ripping the band aid off the WHOLE footy club. The AFL will have to have a team down in Tasmania at some stage won't they? Why not fast track it and get some of the same advantages that the Northern State AFL teams get with acadamy players and the like. Do we think we can honestly compete with the power clubs of the AFL? Do we want our kids and grandkids to go through what we have for the next 50 years?

We'll need the AFL to appoint Peter Jackson or someone of his calibre plus the Pres to have a reputation as good as Brian Cook. The Tassie Saints will retain our current colours and will retain all our best players going into season 2020 PLUS the AFL gives us the same concessions they gave GWS with extra first round draft picks for 2-3 years. At least we'll retain some of our history down at Moorabbin and still play a half dozen home games in Melbourne.
remember it was only 20 years ago Hawthorn was a few votes away from being the Melbourne Hawks. All about the administration and the decisions made since then - we were in a GF that year. Since then in no particular order:

- Tim watson
- Malcolm Blight
- Walking away from Tas
- Seaford
- New Zealand
- Ross Lyon contract
- Luke Ball
- Numerous recruiting decisions - Lovett, Lee, the list goes on
- Seaford
- Scott Waters
- did i mention Seaford?
I think this visual describes St.kilda's decision making over the last few decades...the problem is....it's happening again with keeping Richo, and this god awful list