Hannebery Deal Tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Hannebery Deal Tomorrow

stonecold wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:47am
SydneySainter wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:44am
Beno88 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:27am Very good trading by the Saints.

Hannebery may not get back to his peak form but he'll still be very valuable.

He is now our only 200 game player and has more finals experience than our entire list combined. His leadership will be vital.
Good get in terms of trading. The fact that we’re paying him superstar money is a big risk though.

Hopefully he adds what everyone is saying he’ll add.
Superstar Money?????

That's about $1-$1.5mill per year, he's not even close to that!!!!!
Okay, maybe “superstar” is a too strong. But, if Shiel is supposed to be one of the best mids in the comp and he’s accepting $900,000 pa, then $800,0000 pa is still star player money.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
stonecold
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:55am
stonecold wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:47am
SydneySainter wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:44am
Beno88 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:27am Very good trading by the Saints.

Hannebery may not get back to his peak form but he'll still be very valuable.

He is now our only 200 game player and has more finals experience than our entire list combined. His leadership will be vital.
Good get in terms of trading. The fact that we’re paying him superstar money is a big risk though.

Hopefully he adds what everyone is saying he’ll add.
Superstar Money?????

That's about $1-$1.5mill per year, he's not even close to that!!!!!
Okay, maybe “superstar” is a too strong. But, if Shiel is supposed to be one of the best mids in the comp and he’s accepting $900,000 pa, then $800,0000 pa is still star player money.
That's better'ish, Shiel is not playing an on field coaching role though either, you need to understand, it's not just about 'playing' when it comes to Dan and what he brings!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
repta
Club Player

One of the things we truely lack is leadership. Hopefully Hanners can bring that aspect and the deal will be worth it. Assuming that our medical department can keep him on the park.

Will we ever keep a second round pick in the next year. Always seem to be trading them out.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Excellent deal in the end. Well actually better than excellent. Dan Hannebery and pick #28 for pick #39 and 2019 second round pick (St Kilda).

BIG TICK

While I thought our trade for Hickey was a bit unders (mainly due the extra picks), it was what was required to gain Hannebery.

The deal is a little like where the Hawks paid overs to us (though the Hickey deal was not as unders as the pick swap was with the Hawks by a big margin) , but then got unders to gain JOM but the deal with us got the pick to satisfy the Suns.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SteveStevens66
Club Player

StoneCold is right. This is about a lot more than playing. He’ll have a good pre-season and get his body right. But just as important, after Roo and joey retired we got left with a bunch of kids. There isn’t enough in the way of seniority. There was no one to intimidate the younger players. By intimidate I mean a player of such stature that the others are scared not to put in 110% at training and on game day. Hanners will be that player. That’s all he knows from Sydney and our players know that. And even at Sydney he apparently stood out as a real driving force behind their work ethic and ruthlessness. This is a very good deal. If we could add Scully in addition to Pick 4 then I think the trade period will have exceeded our expectations,

Carna Saints!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dan's only costing us an extra 200 grand a year as Hickey was on 600 grand I believe.

We still have a massive salary gap space.

chico2001
Club Player

Be a real worry to all supporters of the saints football club that the players may not be putting in 100% at training let alone game day. That is not on and how has it been allowed to get that way if that is actually what has happened? Is Hannebery going to fix that is he?
This will be a good deal if Hannebery can average 25 good quality possessions most of which should end up going to the 50m forward arc or beyond, that is what he should be getting paid for. Steven wont get any better, Steele is still an educated tagger and most posters on here reckons Ross cant cut it. So where is the major improvement going to come from?
Expectations seem to be very low, alarmingly low. I would think the expectations to be what North Melbourne have got or what Essendon has been building up to, that is what we should have aimed for. If pick 28 secures a good player, it gets better. Scully coming to the saints or could be!! even better but is that true? He has not even been officially linked to St Kilda to my knowledge. If, If, If

derby Street
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:19pm Be a real worry to all supporters of the saints football club that the players may not be putting in 100% at training let alone game day. That is not on and how has it been allowed to get that way if that is actually what has happened? Is Hannebery going to fix that is he?
This will be a good deal if Hannebery can average 25 good quality possessions most of which should end up going to the 50m forward arc or beyond, that is what he should be getting paid for. Steven wont get any better, Steele is still an educated tagger and most posters on here reckons Ross cant cut it. So where is the major improvement going to come from?
Expectations seem to be very low, alarmingly low. I would think the expectations to be what North Melbourne have got or what Essendon has been building up to, that is what we should have aimed for. If pick 28 secures a good player, it gets better. Scully coming to the saints or could be!! even better but is that true? He has not even been officially linked to St Kilda to my knowledge. If, If, If
You're consistent. Troll

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Whether Hannebery ends up being a gun or a dud matters a lot less now.
This had all the hallmarks of being a St Kilda get bent over trade and it has turned out positively.

We have heaps of cap space and Swans need to dump salary.
We dumped an average ruck and secured a former gun mid who may play some good footy but hopefully also brings leadership.

Haven't been excited by the recruitment but the trading is almost as if we have picked him as a free agent.

Well worth the risk with that outcome, I was concerned early it would be a future 2nd rounder stand alone or a down grade of our pick #4 to Swans first rounder.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 8:35pm Only hearing 2nd rounder. Maybe Hickey's pick or future 2nd rounder? I think thats fair.
On the money again Teddysainter.....keep up the good work 8-)

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bloody good deal. He will be the pseudo captain of the club. Geary should be grateful he has someone that can back him up. I'm sure training standards will go through the roof.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stkfc1
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 1:02pm Bloody good deal. He will be the pseudo captain of the club. Geary should be grateful he has someone that can back him up. I'm sure training standards will go through the roof.
Absolutely and now with Billy Slater on board as well I wouldn't be surprised to see us coming out breathing fire next year. We'll be a much fitter and well drilled team next year. Im starting to get a little bit excited...just a little.

chico2001
Club Player

derby Street wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:33pm
chico2001 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:19pm Be a real worry to all supporters of the saints football club that the players may not be putting in 100% at training let alone game day. That is not on and how has it been allowed to get that way if that is actually what has happened? Is Hannebery going to fix that is he?
You're consistent. Troll
Don't you worry about that ...<edited by mods>

saintbob
SS Life Member

stkfc1 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 1:35pm
magnifisaint wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 1:02pm Bloody good deal. He will be the pseudo captain of the club. Geary should be grateful he has someone that can back him up. I'm sure training standards will go through the roof.
Absolutely and now with Billy Slater on board as well I wouldn't be surprised to see us coming out breathing fire next year. We'll be a much fitter and well drilled team next year. Im starting to get a little bit excited...just a little.
Yep, great deal getting pick 28 thrown in, clearly we’ll be paying all his salary now.
Hopefully he plays as good as he looks on the jumper!!!

derby Street
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 1:43pm
derby Street wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:33pm
You're consistent. Troll
Don't you worry about that ...you piece of scum
Wrong again , that's Carrrrllton. You are known as the filth.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

I was wrong.. great deal and get.. credit where it’s due! Fantastic deal

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Love Dan already.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
damienc
Club Player

I'm happy to admit I was lukewarm about Hannebery mainly due to his banged up body and dramatic loss of form in 2018.

However, now that he is a St Kilda player I will extend a very warm welcome, wish him well and offer my support and encouragement. The same goes for Dean Kent.

And while I have doubts about Hannebery's ability to play like the bull midfielder of a couple of seasons ago, Dan the man will bring some much needed professionalism to the playing group in terms of the way he goes about it. A bit like Sean Dempster in that respect.

Hannebery was at a yoga retreat when told he was now a St Kilda player. That is impressive in itself. While others are taking holidays, Hannebery is trying to get his body right for the pre season.

You have to admire that. Let's hope he can make a big difference in partnership with Seb, Jack and the man of Steele.