Hall for Pick 68 // Scrimshaw for a 2019 3rd Rounder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Hall for Pick 68 // Scrimshaw for a 2019 3rd Rounder

North just got Aaron Hall for pick 68.

Were we in the hunt?
Would he have been worth it?
Or is he another, like Scully, that does not want to be traded to St Kilda?

Hawthorn just got jack Scrimshaw for a future 3rd - with a future 4th coming back

If things go as expected and Hawthorn are in the 8 in 2019 and the Suns finish bottom 4 it could be that Hawthorn got Scrimshaw for a down grade of picks by less than 10.

Were we in the hunt?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
takeaway
Club Player

Re: Hall for Pick 68 // Scrimshaw for a 2019 3rd Rounder

Gary Rohan - were we in the hunt?
Jasper Pittard - were we in the hunt?
Ryan Clarke - were we in the hunt?
Lincoln McCarthy - were we in the hunt? etc etc Did they all not want to go to the Saints?

List management can't target everyone. They would cast the net as wide as possible and identify targets on a needs basis and go after them. It is not an entertainment avenue for supporters, but a process to improve player lists.
They could I suppose employ another 40 recruitment staff and go for everyone.

Rocket
Club Player

Our list is fine ...
we will trade aggressively....
we have delivered “f all” so far ....

derby Street
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 11:29am Gary Rohan - were we in the hunt?
Lincoln McCarthy - were we in the hunt? etc etc Did they all not want to go to the Saints?

List management can't target everyone. They would cast the net as wide as possible and identify targets on a needs basis and go after them. It is not an entertainment avenue for supporters, but a process to improve player lists.
Not overly excited by that lot - perhaps Clarke has some improvement. However Hall is a big steal for Norf.

ss1986
Club Player

derby Street wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 12:02pm

Not overly excited by that lot - perhaps Clarke has some improvement. However Hall is a big steal for Norf.
Every.single.one of them would play in our 22

takeaway
Club Player

I was only giving examples of random lesser players that have been traded - you can't go for everyone. Some posters want 15 players traded in each year and 15 out. In that scenario at least you would get pick 1 every year.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Rocket wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 11:30am Our list is fine ...
I wouldn’t say f**k all, Hannebery is still an A-grader, was previously elite but possibly past his best now, hence why we got him relatively cheaply.

Kent though, let’s be honest, is just another depth player to compliment our already large list of depth players. Again, hence why we got him so cheaply.

I agree though, the club would have to net another exciting player to call this an aggressive trade period.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Mind you, we were the first club tied to Hall when rumours started about him leaving the Suns...was it media speculation, knowing we were after an established outside mid? Did we investigate and go cold? Did he investigate and go cold? We could go on guessing forever.

derby Street
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 12:08pm

Every.single.one of them would play in our 22
Really - tell me whose spots they are taking. Or are you just saying they would play the odd game?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 10:42am North just got Aaron Hall for pick 68.

Were we in the hunt?

Hawthorn just got jack Scrimshaw for a future 3rd - with a future 4th coming back

If things go as expected and Hawthorn are in the 8 in 2019 and the Suns finish bottom 4 it could be that Hawthorn got Scrimshaw for a down grade of picks by less than 10.

Were we in the hunt?
Hall has no defensive side to his game at all but has skills, pace and is a long kick.
Pretty good get at 68 for mine, would have thought pick in the late 30's to 40's would have been reasonable.

Scrimshaw deal is about what I expected, I have watched him play live a few times and wrote previously on here he is worth a 4th rounder at best. Is the least combative player I have seen play since Jack Watts and Rhys Stanley.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Flagless
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 12:32pm
Rocket wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 11:30am Our list is fine ...
I wouldn’t say f**k all, Hannebery is still an A-grader, was previously elite but possibly past his best now, hence why we got him relatively cheaply.

Kent though, let’s be honest, is just another depth player to compliment our already large list of depth players. Again, hence why we got him so cheaply.

I agree though, the club would have to net another exciting player to call this an aggressive trade period.
I dispute that Hannebery is still an A grader- the stats don't support that argument, 18 disposals a game and very average efficiency- that's not the stuff of A graders. We need to face facts- he came to the saints because no one else wanted him (including Sydney). If we are expecting Kent and Hannebery are going to turn things around- we are deusional

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Question is why would you want any of those players?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 5:01pm

You misunderstand - I don't. The above players were picked at random amongst the traded players to illustrate that we can't go after everyone - the OP was saying why didn't we go after Hall? Why didn't we go after Scrimshaw?
Suggest you read the posts again.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 5:14pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 5:01pm

You misunderstand - I don't. The above players were picked at random amongst the traded players to illustrate that we can't go after everyone - the OP was saying why didn't we go after Hall? Why didn't we go after Scrimshaw?
Suggest you read the posts again.
Yep, get it, I worded my response poorly.
I was actually agreeing with you though it doesn't read that way :oops:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

28 and played six games in a bottom team was he injured most the year or poor form?