Who do we select with pick 4? POLL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who do we select with pick 4?

Walsh
6%
Smith
32%
Luko
5%
Rankine
33%
B. King
No votes
M. King
20%
Rozee
5%

Total votes: 66

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Who do we select with pick 4? POLL

Very few go home at the start of their career, mostly they go home towards the end. I am not saying none, just a few and usually it's not Adelaide to Melbourne so that shouldn't be a major factor. Consensus is Rankine or Smith ie best mid is what we want but max king is who we will get

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 1:04pm
desertsaint wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 12:05pm do we pick who we want or who we think the club will (be able to) pick?
quite a difference.
I don't quite understand this comment. Most comments are about who will be there at pick 4. i.e. I want Walsh but that ain't happening.
If suns take Lukosius and Rankine then I'd take Cozee or Smith i.e. a mid but our club will probably take Max King because..... honestly I don't know why, because he rehabs with us, he barracks for us as a kid, he comes from a good family, has impeccable table manners, none of which mean jack once the whistle blows
If suns take either King or Kings then Rankine or Lukosius is ours (assuming no late pick trade). Lukosius in a perfect world then Rankine but happy with either
it means if i want rankine but think he'll be gone, do i still pick him (in the poll, regardless of any ramble on about the dilema in my post) or pick smith, who will be available. i suspect the poll reflects a mix of both views, hence is not a very accurate poll either way.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Ian Hill will be the best player to come out of the draft. Injuries impacted his year in 2018 so will slide to anywhere between 10-16. Absolute bargain for the most talented kid in the draft.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Jimmy O'Dea wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:05pm [Ian Hill] will slide to anywhere between 10-16. Absolute bargain for the most talented kid in the draft.
Not invited to the draft. Looking like a second round pick at this point.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Pick 4: Box Yucatan, Marmelo, Red Verdon and Runaway. Should clear the debt.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Just listened to the AFL podcast about St Kilda and pick 4. great news is that it sounds like we haven't been offered enough for pick 4 and James Gallagher is aware that the quality at pick 8 is a lot lower than pick 4 so it sounds like we are keeping pick 4.

He didn't give a lot away regarding who we will take except to say we will take the best available player although it will depend on picks 1-3. Max King was mentioned briefly , mainly regarding his rehab and Jye Caldwell got a mention as well but he is an inside mid so pass.

silverhalo
Club Player

The only players I would possibly consider taking before Max King would be Luko or Rankine as they look like freaks but snowball's chance in hell of them falling to pick 4. If they're gone by pick 4 as expected, then for me it's a lay down misere that we take Maxy boy.

Don't even mention Bailey Smith in the same breath as Max King, our desire for a top grade midfielder should not allow us to take Smith ahead of Max King (best player available should always rule). Max is in the same league talent wise as Luko / Rankine, Smith is not, he's very good but still streets away.

Yes, we will have an abundance of forwards....Brucey to the back line, King CHF, Paddy FF, Battle and Membrey half forwards, Lonie and Kent forward pockets. Gresh and Billings too good not to be in the midfield, playing alongside Steven and Hannabery. All of a sudden that shapes as a pretty scary forward line especially if Paddy can get his s*** together,

stkfc1
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Sun 04 Nov 2018 12:03am The only players I would possibly consider taking before Max King would be Luko or Rankine as they look like freaks but snowball's chance in hell of them falling to pick 4. If they're gone by pick 4 as expected, then for me it's a lay down misere that we take Maxy boy.

Don't even mention Bailey Smith in the same breath as Max King, our desire for a top grade midfielder should not allow us to take Smith ahead of Max King (best player available should always rule). Max is in the same league talent wise as Luko / Rankine, Smith is not, he's very good but still streets away.

Yes, we will have an abundance of forwards....Brucey to the back line, King CHF, Paddy FF, Battle and Membrey half forwards, Lonie and Kent forward pockets. Gresh and Billings too good not to be in the midfield, playing alongside Steven and Hannabery. All of a sudden that shapes as a pretty scary forward line especially if Paddy can get his s*** together,
CF Membrey King Lonie
FF Long PMac Battle
With Gresh, Kent, Sinc and Billings resting forward as required.

That could be an outstanding forward set up.