Numbers on the list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st sandy
Club Player

Numbers on the list

Now that billy & pierce have signed & Marshall lifted to the main list - can anyone tell me the number of additional players that we will need to add to the list around draft time

Nine players off including hickey - then three on (Hanna & Kent, basketball guy) leavening 6 short from last year
Thus 6 new players including rookies to draft

It wont be that simple but Is this approx where it will fall?

on the outer
Club Player

Re: Numbers on the list

We have 36 on our primary list we have to have at least 38 and can have as many as 40. I think we would only go with less than 40 if we had TPP problems so I think we will have 4 live picks in the draft.

When it comes to rookies it gets trickier there is no set minimum but if we have 40 on our primary list we can have no more than 4 category A rookies (we currently have 1 - Langlands) and 3 category B rookies (we have 2 Joyce and Alabakis). So we could take 3 rookies in the rookie draft, I doubt we would use all three on new talent, I think we would look at recycling at least 1 delisted free agent from another club. We

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Isn't Pierce on the rookie list? Don't recall him being upgraded.

on the outer
Club Player

Think I read somewhere else on hs forum hat he had been upgraded but can only find mention of him signing on for a further one year deal so yes maydehe is still a rookie in which case we would have five draft picks and 2 rookie positions available.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

on the outer wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 4:00pm Think I read somewhere else on hs forum hat he had been upgraded but can only find mention of him signing on for a further one year deal so yes maydehe is still a rookie in which case we would have five draft picks and 2 rookie positions available.
Yep. Appears we have 5 draft picks.

Draft picks: 4, 36, 46, 67, 79

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Couple of young VFL boys on trial too.

Jok Jok (Played a few Collingwood VFL games at the end of the year and very athletic).

McClean (Really rate him and played well at Sandy asj a ruck/forward. Only 19.)

Might draft or rookie one of them possibly or both.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Both very worth a look IMHO.

And whilst we're at it - bring back Ray C, and the Freeman!

All four have way way more going for them than most of the plodders whose names have been thrown up on here over the draft period... and that's without mentioning a couple on our list who (somehow) survived the cut.

Have only seen a little of Jok playing. Strikes me as one of these high(ish) risk/ high reward project types. IMHO, Jok would be a real excitement machine... if he can hit his straps.

:oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: