It's official......Paddy will make it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: It's official......Paddy will make it

saynta wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 11:02am
SMS wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 11:21pm
ListManager wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 12:59pm
silverhalo wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 12:13pm I've probably been Paddy McCartin's biggest knocker over the past couple of years but for me the best thing to come out of yesterday's game was Paddy's performance and the potential upside to his game.

Let's face it, he's been overweight the whole time he's been at the club, but now he's trimmed down considerably and it's made a hell of a difference. He's moving a lot more freely, more mobile, greater second and third efforts, his kicking seems to have improved out of sight and he seems a lot more confident in his marking.

I am just so wrapt for him and look forward to seeing how he progresses this year....the kid's gunna make it :D :D :D :D
Based on 1 practice game he is going to make it?
You have no idea!

<One day ban for commenting on a poster - note that this poster could have counter argue the point but decided to degrade the poster>
banned for that?
the PC ridiculousness of this world we now live in means theres no cchallenges or naughty words between people. live in a fake la la land where eventually an explosion happens dues to build up furry bunnies in the ass
Pretty easy to stay out of trouble.

Comment on the post all you want but don't comment negatively on the poster.
Agreed. Much more footy talk on here now. Its good. I've noticed some posters don't visit or comment much anymore...that points out the obvious.

<1 DAY BAN under this rule: Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN>

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 12:37pm Agreed. Much more footy talk on here now. Its good. I've noticed some posters don't visit or comment much anymore...that points out the obvious.
AGREED! Great there's lots of footy discussion, rather than fictitious ITK innuendo and cut-and-paste AFL and Fox website articles. It is a shame some posters were forced off the forum before the new rules came into play, but there's plenty here to fly the flag.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 9:16pm I hope Paddy comes good and the game is a good sign.

But, if you remember, Paddy looked like he had arrived vs the Blues in a pre season game last year.
If I recall that game - he looked strong doing 'that which got him injured' and not much else - so he was strong in the packs/marking/making himself felt - but against the Roos - he was doing the 1%s - he was presenting more than once - spotting up targets - playing like a team player - and not someone who is trying too hard to be the #1 in a team (which I assume in his junior days he could and would).

What Paddy did against the Roos was not the most spectacular return - but HOW he did it was what impressed me. I still have him marked for a high CHF with great distribution skills and bobbing up for the occasional long shot! Paddy can be a world beater - it is up to him - and of course he has to maintain his fitness levels to do it!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 1:31pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 12:37pm Agreed. Much more footy talk on here now. Its good. I've noticed some posters don't visit or comment much anymore...that points out the obvious.
AGREED! Great there's lots of footy discussion, rather than fictitious ITK innuendo and cut-and-paste AFL and Fox website articles. It is a shame some posters were forced off the forum before the new rules came into play, but there's plenty here to fly the flag.
I think it’s also very challenging that formuites can be indirectly attacked and ridiculed, which goes unpunished, but if you confront antagonists directly you’ll be suspended.
The consequence of this is actually less room for debate and overall lower quality discussion.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 3:33pm
I think it’s also very challenging that formuites can be indirectly attacked and ridiculed, which goes unpunished, but if you confront antagonists directly you’ll be suspended.
The consequence of this is actually less room for debate and overall lower quality discussion.
Just need some Irish diplomacy - you know - telling someone to Go to Heck in a way that they actually look forward to the journey!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 3:35pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 3:33pm
Just need some Irish diplomacy - you know - telling someone to Go to Heck in a way that they actually look forward to the journey!
Indeed.

When I raised talking points about particular things the did/didn’t do, it was always about the club and generating discussion. I never viewed as an opportunity to criticise people’s loyalty, passion and character or portray myself as having more information than others. That type of thing is not what this forum is about and only hurts it if it happens

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Paddy has to do 3 things this year to succeed in my eyes.

1. Take a few clunk pack marks a game. This alone will help with who the opposition matches him up with.
2. Become a bit more self confident (or selfish) and back himself to kick the goal wherever he is on the field
3. No more concussions

the dome
Club Player

Good to hear Spud praise Paddy for his efforts

Only heard the radio commentary but was pleased to hear Spud commend Paddy for his influence on the game.
One game @ a time & it might just fall into place for Paddy .

G O S A I N T S

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i did laugh at ‘furry bunnies in the ass ‘

wtf !!!

on the other matter
over the 17 odd years i’ve been dagging around here
the cycle has always been the same

wind down with the draft/s
off season becomes a bit combative , political and fun seeking

christmas and cricket brings out the crazy

practice games start the new seasons footy chit chat in earnest

its just the cycle of things ss style

same same as every other year

60+ goals would be a sign of having finally ‘made it’
for me
3 a game should be a fair expect if he’s our key forward

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

What if I say "Oh, FFS!"
Will I get banned?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
ListManager
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 12:13pm I've probably been Paddy McCartin's biggest knocker over the past couple of years but for me the best thing to come out of yesterday's game was Paddy's performance and the potential upside to his game.

Let's face it, he's been overweight the whole time he's been at the club, but now he's trimmed down considerably and it's made a hell of a difference. He's moving a lot more freely, more mobile, greater second and third efforts, his kicking seems to have improved out of sight and he seems a lot more confident in his marking.

I am just so wrapt for him and look forward to seeing how he progresses this year....the kid's gunna make it :D :D :D :D
You have no idea!

<One day ban for commenting on a poster - note that this poster could have counter argue the point but decided to degrade the poster>
I got a ban for this? Are you serious?

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 12:37pm

You have no idea!

banned for that?
the PC ridiculousness of this world we now live in means theres no cchallenges or naughty words between people. live in a fake la la land where eventually an explosion happens dues to build up furry bunnies in the ass

Agreed. Much more footy talk on here now. Its good. I've noticed some posters don't visit or comment much anymore...that points out the obvious.
You're not commenting on posters are you? I think that's bannable.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 6:02pm

You have no idea!

I have no idea.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

One JLT game does not make a career.

However he influenced the game repeatedly. Took decent marks and gave off a couple.

Needs to be a tad more arrogant. The guy can play IMO, just needs to really have his way with it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 12:37pm

You have no idea!

banned for that?

<1 DAY BAN under this rule: Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN>
And yet you pine about how society is becoming too PC?

I think it’s staggering that those who complain about the PC brigade ruining their right to free speech are the same ones who pat the mod on the back for trivial bans like the above.

Seriously, what has happened to Saintsational, it’s become just like the liberal party - “free speech, but on our terms...”

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

mbogo wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 5:56pm What if I say "Oh, FFS!"
Will I get banned?
Hang on, can you say that???

Be careful, the so-called “optimists” will rally to have to you permanently banned. They might even seek legal advice.

<1 DAY BAN - COMMENTING ON A GROUP OF POSTERS>

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
stonecold
SS Life Member

I got banned for these, 📯📯📯📯📯, apparently, that is commenting on another poster, go figure!!!!! Anyway, I moved on and accepted, however was never sure how a few horns offended anyone!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
asiu
Saintsational Legend

its not that hard

ffs is ok
The is not

a few horns is less than 5

kent will be the next battleground of the ss cultural crusade for better manners

cucumber sambo eaters who hold their pinky
at the correct angle are excused
and encouraged to snipe from the sidelines
thus exposing those without the appropriate social credits
granted by birth to the Bunyip Aristocracy

for which , lessons in correct ettiquette , shall be forthcoming

all very simple

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thirty seven degrees heat didn’t help, but I want to see him run out games. Often starts very well, but fades out after copping a few knocks. Tank is a concern, but fingers crossed he can make big inroads this season

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 11:10pm
mbogo wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 5:56pm What if I say "Oh, FFS!"
Will I get banned?
Hang on, can you say that???

Be careful, the so-called “optimists” will rally to have to you permanently banned. They might even seek legal advice.
Why can't you ready the rules? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96844

FFS = ok

Commenting on poster or group of posters NOT OK

Will issue 1 DAY BAN

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 6:02pm

You have no idea!

Did you tell a poster that he had no idea? If so YES. You commented negatively on a poster and you got a 1 day ban.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Hahaha, this is wonderful!!
At this rate there will be no one left to post anything !!

That WILL put an end to the petty bickering and sniping.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

But after we are all gone - will Paddy make it - I think that was the main thrust of this thread!

― Aristophanes

Moods
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 5:17pm i did laugh at ‘furry bunnies in the ass ‘

wtf !!!

on the other matter
over the 17 odd years i’ve been dagging around here
the cycle has always been the same

wind down with the draft/s
off season becomes a bit combative , political and fun seeking

christmas and cricket brings out the crazy

practice games start the new seasons footy chit chat in earnest

its just the cycle of things ss style

same same as every other year

60+ goals would be a sign of having finally ‘made it’
for me
3 a game should be a fair expect if he’s our key forward
You do realise that only a handful of fwds a year score 60 goals or more don't you? We're setting the bar incredibly high for Paddy in a low to mid range team at best.

I'm happy if he scores between 35-40 goals a year and creates heaps of goals through his work rate and presence. 3 x goals a game is Josh Kennedy stuff. Sorry, but I can never see him getting to that level. Let's be realistic. Kicks 1-2 goals a week, creates a few, take 6-8 marks a game and gets 12-15 possessions roughly. That doesn't look like much, but that's pretty much a solid good CHF.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 05 Mar 2019 3:01pm But after we are all gone - will Paddy make it - I think that was the main thrust of this thread!
If Paddy kicks a goal in the forest, does anybody cheer?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"